1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...ple-with-his-actions-i-dont-condone-any-hate/

"It's simple. Me, personally, I don't condone any hate to any kinds, any race, to Jewish communities, to Black communities, to Asian communities. You guys know where I stand," James said. " ... I believe what Kyrie did caused some harm to a lot of people. He has since, over the last -- today, or was it yesterday -- he apologized. But he caused some harm, and I think it's unfortunate.

"I don't stand on the position to harm people when it comes to your voice or your platform or anything. So it doesn't matter what color your skin is, how tall you are, what position you're in -- if you are promoting or soliciting or saying harmful things to any community that harm people, then I don't respect it. I don't condone it."

B-Bob and i3artow i3aller like this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I think its more ignorance than anything else. When a black person says "Jews control the world" they are not equating that to maybe saying the n-word. I think the nuance is lost. Even when it's explained some don't get the big deal.

I think athletes flock to Klutch and even Ye's stuff (despite his buffoonery) simply because it's black owned and successful want to be represented by people that look like us not because they are trying to get away from Jewish people.

3. VoR

VoR Member

Not to mention that genocide has happened to many peoples. I don’t see the same gravitas of handling discrimination with Native Americans. It’s obvious that Jews get special treatment on the oppression totem. All of this is a form of thought control and narrative control. The ADL is an arm of the NWO.

4. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you want Amazon to ban the sale of all books/art that include "forms of hate speech?"

Do you not see why this makes zero sense? Holy lord...

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

And the Nets owner was the one financially supporting the Chinese govt.

clos4life and VoR like this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

They gave you guys Namor and Coco over at Disney. Now we need an openly Jewish superhero to balance things out.

But seriously I think I legitimately prefer watching telenovelas with my wife and listening to music en Español at this point now. American stuff is a bit blah and you can see that reflected with how Latin music dominates the top 100 charts now.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

But that's simply not what Kyrie was doing - he's got the whole galaxy brain/Alex Jones/just asking questions online troll act going and has for years.

clos4life and DreamShook like this.
  8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It's pretty simple.
    He just posted a link to where to get a product. If that in and of itself is hateful and deserves condemnation than the company that sells the product should be equally comdemned.

This is like demonizing rappers for talking about drugs but not fighting the high level drug dealers...

VoR likes this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I still don't know what Kyrie said.

We're canceling hate speeches but what about Trumps hate rallies. Those are just funny, charismatic, and thoughts? Dude went around creating mass racism hysteria on how the bad hombre would assault your white wife while you're at work.

10. i3artow i3aller

"So it doesn't matter what color your skin is, how tall you are..." :D

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If you are a 7 footer (with shoes), you are immune from hate. ;)

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Lots of people have spoken out about Amazon carrying hate-related products and content, including some of the same people condemning Kyrie. They even began removing some neo nazi crap in response

This made the professional "counter cancel culture" - - people - aka the entire political right in this country- very upset, as one would expect.

pmac likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, it is not like that.

One is an NBA employee. One is an online marketplace.

Amazon does not deserve condemnation for carrying Mein Kampf. If Luka was posting links to it without explanation on his Twitter page, and then folding under questioning, yeah…

14. VoR

VoR Member

To be fair, crime has skyrocketed.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

Can be pro something without having to anti another group.

Also just the source itself wasn't good. Based on one of the reporters who had to read the original material: Some of their takeaways: book didn't have a bibliography. One of the H's quotes was straight up made up by the author. There was also a misspelling of Adolf's name.

For people who been around Kyrie, one of the reporters (Goodman) who's known him since high school, "Kyrie is one of the most condescending person you'll ever meet."

That first written apology seemed semi well decent crafted, until people realized Ky never met with the Anti Defamation League, he sent his parents.

The league not naming Irving in their initial press release. NBA, the Player's Association, Nets org, kept giving the dude chances, despite outside pressure.

Kareem is correct in that people should expect less for him to change (or apologize), really only thing is how the rest of world responds. Nets finally responded (suspension) and now Nike.

#815 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 5, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2022
    Yung-T and clos4life like this.
  16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

X100
    Some clarity...

VoR likes this.
  17. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

18. i3artow i3aller

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He would retire, that is a lot but rightfully so.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  20. i3artow i3aller

BKN's got Qyrie running around completing MyCareer quests :D