1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kyrie Irving to Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Jun 29, 2019.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

If he's including Kyrie's tweet as the main "unnecessary" thing, okay, but I'm not sure that's what he means.
    If he means "let Kyrie promote hateful crap if he wants and just ignore it" that's... not a very good take for an org that wants to be profitable and have a positive brand in its community.

Harden looks smarter by the day.

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Nope, and I don't. But I'm an empiricist. Have a nice life surviving among all of us "sheeple" but otherwise consider taking your stuff to the Debate and Discussion forum, if you're allowed to continue posting at all. Cheers.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. i3artow i3aller

Caesar and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

surprised Kyrie apologized…thought he would continue to double and triple down, at least for awhile

Caesar, ElPigto and i3artow i3aller like this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

:confused::rolleyes:

#748 i3artow i3aller, Nov 4, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2022
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Didn't see the full context of Durant, and the guy frequently gets unwarranted criticism from fat old heads from the 90s and the fact that everything gets amplified in the take age unlike 30 years ago when your local beat writer filtered everything....but come on.

Durant holds himself out as his own brand, a venture capitalist, a co CEO of Brooklyn Nets, an extremely online guy- he can't retreat to " we just need to dribble and nobody needs to say anything" - that's just a huge cop out and way more embarrassing for him than "only" winning titles with Golden State

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

No one changes their mind about a belief as deep-seated as this, overnight.

Kyrie is apologizing just so that this, in his mind, will hopefully all blow over by the time his suspension is lifted.

12. Damion Laverne

Kyrie is a classic pseudo-intellectual.

He has no core beliefs and is all over the place.

First, he wanted to double down on his thoughts. Then, as soon he faces major scrutiny, he apologizes.

Yung-T and Caesar like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I didn’t imply otherwise…I thought he might continue to be stubborn

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Is Amazon really even promoting it? I see a lot of commercials online about Amazon Original shows, but nothing about the documentary, in question.

I personally don't have Amazon Prime or Amazon Video or whatever their streaming service is called, but I didn't even know this documentary was a thing until it became an issue with Kyrie.

So strange that a show / network that revolves around sports, wants to talk about stuff outside their realm and blame others, and would rather deflect the conversation away from sports figures.

15. i3artow i3aller

16. jayland

jayland Member

Amazon lets indie filmmakers add their content to Prime Video for free: https://videodirect.amazon.com/home/landing

Any revenue made from rentals or ads are split. So it is in Amazon’s financial interest to let even low quality junk in if there is an audience for it because it cost them nothing.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

https://theathletic.com/3762746/2022/11/04/kyrie-irving-suspened-nets/

18. dmoneybangbang

19. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

Royce White (@Highway_30) is posting all kind of stuff about this on Twitter, trashing the NBA, Shaq, Barkley, and the media.

20. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

The only reason they shouldn't hold Amazon accountable is because they can't fully because Amazon doesn't work for them.

But, Kyrie literally posted a link to hate speech sold by Amazon, he didn't independently come up with it. You have to go to Amazon to even find the hate speech he's suspended for.