1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series Phillies vs. Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 28, 2022.

1. Jose Cuervo

Jose Cuervo Member

Not feeling real confident about this.

2. ktex

ktex Member

What an utter waste of an era. One title that most see as tainted. #HoustonSports

3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

The Astros should be just as good if not better in both 2023 and 2024, and if the GM does a good job, they will contend for the rest of this decade.

Bregatron likes this.
  4. CinematicFusion

Not over yet, we can still change this narrative

everyday eddie, Tfor3 and mikol13 like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yall gotta stop caring about that and stop conceding it. It is in the history books, its in the record books, its a title.

People say the Rockets only won because Jordan was on break, haters gonna hate, who cares.

It will feel like a wasted era because I feel like we should at least have 2 titles for 4 WS appearances. Going 50% on these things would be nice and this ain't over yet.

We find a way to win tonight we at least secure another game in Houston and away from Philly which is big considering their home/road splits.

Tfor3, mikol13, KelvinCato13 and 2 others like this.
  6. Lar

Lar Contributing Member

We can—Dusty has to develop a quicker hook though. I’d be surprised if he does.

DaDakota and CinematicFusion like this.
  7. CinematicFusion

I do with Javier

Tfor3, Jose Cuervo and IBTL like this.
  8. AB

AB Contributing Member

I am not worried about the 7 runs given by LMJ. That was an exception. Very likely it will not happen again with other starters.

The 0 put on by our offense is another story. I was just getting comfortable with our offense. They were finding timely hits and putting enough runs on the board since last few days

Sadat X likes this.
  9. MrBear1

MrBear1 Contributing Member

Washed up Altuve? Tell me you're a casual fan without telling me you're a casual fan

10. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

Because it became such a national story because of the Rat, Astros were thrown under the bus and scapegoated for all the cheating that goes on in MLB.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Dusty should of pitched Javier yesterday with naming starter at game time and McCullers today. Phillies had 1 extra day to study McCullers. One thing that might hurt us is we are getting tired from a long season. It doesn't help, they are playing 2 more games in Phillies which will even more draining for them. As bad as we looked yesterday, there is another day. 1 more win, we come back to Houston. Today is a must-win, it can totally change the series.

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Are we gonna put up a fight? I sure hope so

Tfor3, IBTL and CinematicFusion like this.
  14. CinematicFusion

Agree

1. Javier needs to deal tonight, and cool those Philly bats off.
    2. We need to get to their bullpen. They have 11 shutout innings against us. One of the reasons we lost game one. Can’t hit their bullpen
    3. Astros offense has to wake up. It was all Tucker in game one for two innings… then shut out for 7. Obviously last night was an embarrassment.

Lar and IBTL like this.
  15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He's a true Christian.

Houstunna, Tfor3 and CinematicFusion like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Spot on, indeed.

CinematicFusion likes this.
  17. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

wow.... they have it on video

DaDakota likes this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

This is the biggest one. Dusty must treat tonight like Game 7. EVERY SINGLE PITCHER is available out of that bullpen. No, you don't go to Verlander or Valdez obviously, but otherwise everyone else can and should be used in order to hold the Phillies to as few runs as possible. No more of this "I expect my starter to give us 5+ innings" BS mentality that he seems hellbent on sticking with. If Javier is dealing for 3 innings but suddenly gets into trouble in the 4th(like Verlander in Game 1), YANK HIM!!! You've got Neris, Brown, Abreu, Stanek, Montero, and Pressly. That's 6 solid innings of relief right there, one inning per pitcher, and they could all go again in Game 5. Stop trying to save the bullpen for later in the series, cuz at this rate, there may not be another game at Minute Maid Park.

IBTL, everyday eddie, Tfor3 and 4 others like this.
  19. phasors28

phasors28 Member

With the expanded playoffs we are in a new era of baseball where the Phillies wouldn’t have been in the playoffs in previous years. The two best teams in baseball over the past decade the Astros and Dodgers have only won one title each. If we had the 90s format there would have been a better chance for titles.

20. MystikArkitect

That one title went 7 games. From the ump to the bats to McCullers "tipping his pitches", the Astros were not going to win yesterday one way or another.

lw17 likes this.