1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 10/31/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2022.

1. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

So frustrated to watch Jalen Green lately, especially my friend told me Cunningham got 27.8 pts on average in recent 4 games.

#1261 PeterKingX, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    Sheepdogoreo, ak99999 and LeDakota like this.
  2. JW86

JW86 Member

People really need to chill, just step away is what I'd suggest if you know Silas is going to continue trotting out these line-ups, our young guys will have their ups and downs and YOU cannot handle it. I've seen people try to to somehow justify their doubts of Jalen Green (again), because he has that spat with Jabari or whatever and it's ridiculous. This is just one example. Legit criticism of our system etc is all fine, but it's going to be like this for the forseeable future so unless you like to be negative and feed your frustrations, please, for all of us but most of all yourself, just step away from the keyboard for a while.

BigShasta likes this.
  3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

We need a solid 5, a Zubac type would be perfect. I like Bruno, just hate he got hurt. They were doing good with him in the lineup, he went out and the interior defense has been horrible.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

No point worrying about Cunningham, we had no shot at him. Green will come good again. Shooting isn't there at the moment, but i like how he is rebounding a bit better and defensively he is getting better because he is stronger. Just apart of the growing pains unfortunately.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

This place goes nute mate, people here are not use to a rebuild.

6. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

31 Oct - L 93-95 to LAC

(On not double teaming Paul George at the end)

“Eric has been doing a great job on him all night, all night. So I trust him in that situation. Eric pressured him, pressured him. He had to dribble, dribble, dribble, get to the fadeaway over a high hand. Eric did a great job.”

(On Rockets’ late game execution)

“Pretty good, pretty good, in the last little bit. I subbed Alpy out towards the end because I kept going at the high pick and roll so I put KJ in but we still executed pretty well down the stretch of the game.”

Roomba likes this.
  7. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

lol true

8. stab

stab Member

Tanking without looking like you are tanking is an art form. Silas is our Bo Porter for this year and maybe next season until we find our AJ or Dusty. Remember, we are playing the long game.

cheke64, BigShasta and clos4life like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He kept him from driving into the lane, didn't foul and had him take a low percentage shot while closely guarded.

You can't really ask for a better outcome.

Reeko likes this.
  10. LeDakota

LeDakota Member

As a side note, there is an obvious improvement with Sengun’s free throw percentage. Glad that he knows his deficiencies and works on them.

11. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I remember watching a media event and thinking Silas reminded me of KC Jones. Just happy to be there, really nice guy but not a leader. In a 80s Finals game Celtics vs Lakers you'd see Pat Riley routinely in the middle of the huddle drawing plays commanding the attention. Pan over to Celtics a few guys were wondering around, some looking into the stands, KC laughing at something, total lack of game planning.

One half time they catch up with Pat and ask him something like how he is going to get this team to come back out for the 2nd half. Pat gives a few quick answers about the game that should he knew what Bust on was doing to hurt them and how to counter it. Then they other reporter catches KC and says something like 'Coach your team looked sluggish on the fast break, how can you respond to the Lakers?' And his answer I'll never forget, "Hi mom". And then he turns and walks away.
    There is the reason Pat Riley won multiple rings, and nobody ever mentions KC Jones as a great head coach.
    Silas I think is a nice guy but not a leader. At some point these young guys are going to need a leader.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The Jalen Green Hate Squad is back! Nice. Right on schedule. Missed the game anyone have a count on how many times "KPJ is not a point guard" was blabbed out last night? Looks like Sengun had 30 minutes PT why didnt he have 40 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 blocks and 3 steals? Who are we going to blame for that today since Sengun is going to revolutionize how the sport is played and this franchise is just holding him back? Some of you puppies are going to get your nose rubbed in the filth of your comments and you deserve every second of the humiliation. Clutch Fans never forgets and a handful of you are back for round 2!! Awesome LOL

[​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, pre opening night I posted:
    W/Sengun starting 7-18 in first 25 games
    W/Bruno starting 10-10 in first 20 games

*Well Bruno only played in the first 2 games

*Utah has played better than expected, as many teams have been squirrelly.
    We (Rockets) took one of the games vs Utah

*Portland should have been a win without Lillard; but Rockets didn't show up

*We had last night's game; but tank commander EG fixed it in the
    final possessions. Much like He and C Wood did last year.

*Had we won last night, 2-6 with 17 games available to win those 5 more games
    to meet my 7 wins in 25 game prediction with Sengun (somewhat starting).

*I did mention that the Rockets had a brutal schedule designed to break the
    spirits of our young team in the first 25 games. CF's and most Rocket fans
    didn't have the patience and Silas would be on the hot seat
    . I predicted such.
    Kevin Porter jr @ 34 minutes (currently 34.5 mins )
    Josh Christopher @ 28 minutes
    what I predicted for JC in points (somewhere around 12 to 14 points
    and 3 assists......he is currently at 7.7 minutes and 0.6 Asts.

I'm closer to KPj:
    20 pts / 5.5 rebs / 7.8 Asts / 71%(FT%) / 38%(3P%) / 2.7 TOV /
    14.3 TOV% / 22 USG% / 34 Ast%
    Currently:
    20.3pts / 6.4 rebs / 5.3 Asts / 82.2%(FT%) / 35.1%(3P%) / 3.3 TOV /
    14.4 TOV% / 26.5 USG% / 25.4 Ast%
    -------------------
    Jalen Green:
    25 pts / 3 rebs / 4 Asts
    currently
    19.0 pts / 4.4 rebs / 2.1 Asts
    ----------------------
    Sengun: 28 minutes / 15 pts
    Currently: 26.2 mins / 15.2 pts

***** So basically the Rockets have 74 games to get more wins and improve
    on stats.......vs some lesser quality teams *****

#1273 ApacheWarrior, Nov 1, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    peleincubus likes this.
  14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Jabari was getting the ball regularly before his dust up with Green. Knew it was gonna be a problem.

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LMAO

16. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Reeses > Kisses
    Reeses = Kisses w/ almonds

:cool:

HP3 likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

You should compare their first 4 game averages.

;)

ak99999 likes this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Game was closer than usual. I guess sengun provides some offensive structure to the team. Look at the goal post moving where sengun has to average an absurd stat just to justify him being an offensive hub. If kpj ever average or even got that stat line, folks wouldn't b shtting on him everyday. Man has more mins than sengun and the team was 1-6? Game was quite close when we actually utilize sengun more.

Idk y folks are hating on Green when it's kpj and silas lame kpj centric system makes everybody look like hot garbage.

Sengun can unlock the potential of his teammates way better than kpj simply bc he has better passing abilities and court vision. He's also has high bb iq for a youngster.

Alpifan likes this.
  19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Players trend up and down on a tanking team.
    In the broad scheme of things the pistons and magic who folks have players they pine for are also in a the same sht position we are. 1-6 magic, 1-7 Rockets and 2-6 pistons.

The other team literally priotize their 1st round pick as their 1st option on offense. Green isn't, the silas offense is literally every man for himself.

PeterKingX and ashleyem like this.
  20. conquistador#11

I really wanted the win. Silas had another thing in mind. I'm not going to say tanking because that's shielding what it is.
    How do you bench the only guy that gives the 'offense' some kind of structure. Been seeing since 4 games in that the best lineup is when KM and Sengun start.
    Boiiiii, when things aren't going good for Green it gets ugly. He definitely misses a guy like Bruno who can clear 2 players out of his way. It's always 1 on 3.

ak99999 likes this.