1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Clippers 10/31/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

I am really mad about the last 5 minutes! Taking so much bad shoots again and this bad substitutons!! Why is Jabari Smith on the floor?!! Why is not your best play creator Alpi on the floor?!! Is Jabari Smith really a Top 3 Pick?!!Tari Eason is 1 class better player then him! Sorry but who dont see this, he must be blind or dont understand basketball!!!
    I think silas try to lose games not win games! He might want to be fired! There is cant be an other reason to do what he is doing! I am sleeping 3 fewer at the Rockets games in the night and i must watch these stupid decisions from Silas!

Good night guys!

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’ll give u that…when I watched a little bit of the 2017 WS, MMP was jumpin…I even watched some highlights just for the crowd…and then I ain’t seen a game since lol

3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

it was a coaching choke job for sure

No double on PG?
    bc Silas trusts EG. LOL

ak99999, LeDakota, PeterKingX and 3 others like this.
  4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

[​IMG]

ak99999, Mr Woods, aaquaa and 9 others like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah Ballmer built it for 1 or 2 years and when Kawhi couldn't get healthy, they were just getting older and basically retooling their old veterans.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. WestendMassive

John Wall revenge game going to be LIT

Rick Adelman's son David is lead assistant for the Nuggets. Fire Silas and bring him in, Sengun in that high-post Princeton offense would be deadly

KingSamJack, aaquaa, Entropy and 2 others like this.
  7. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Bari is fine - just need to not let these bad games get to him. Get thru the tankiest part of the season.

aaquaa, burlesk, AuburnRocket and 2 others like this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Just me but don't you use times like these to DEVELOP your talent ? The fact that Jalen didn't look so good last year...is that more about Jalen or Silas? I think it says more about Silas. I could be wrong but don't think so...I followed Jalen and Scoot Henderson as well and both had a GREAT chance to land at Auburn if they went the college route. The G League has really hurt Auburn as well as others I'm sure.

I followed Bari as a senior at Sandy Creek ( his HC from Montgomery). He was raw but really good.Big jump at Auburn last year. Of course we had an offense with quick penetrating guards, a big in Kessler who would PNR you to death ($1 to Bari). He has no comparable big. He didn't HAVE TO play in the post. Can he ? You damn well better believe he can...not dribbling..just flash in the lane. His defense ? Was good but he is much better this year with the Rockets. Kessler was the rim protector.My point is that he is green as a gourd. He has and can continue to up his game. Ditto Jalen. JMO.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Simple, Stephen is a basketball idiot.
    Good night.

Ankara1923, aaquaa, LeDakota and 5 others like this.
  10. AuburnRocket

EGO on George at the end and FORCING the ball the last 2 plays. What a joke...that's what you got, Silas ? Goodness !

ak99999, aaquaa and ashleyem like this.
  11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He’s been doing this for 2 years. What did you expect, he would draw a play that finds an open shot?

ak99999 and ashleyem like this.
  12. AuburnRocket

Bari won't quit...neither will Jalen. Can Sengun post up ? Yes...instead of taking the man from the top of the key to the basket..throw it in to him and he can go to the basket or kick it back out. Bari HATES losing....but, he'll hang in defensively. His shot will come around. In order to play inside you have to get him the ball there...and not with a defender hopelessly beaten and falling backward and getting a call. Utilization is a head scratcher. And why no Tari, Bari combo ?

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

He played good defense on George I thought. He forced George into a tough shot but George made it, nothing much more could of been done on that play without fouling.

SamFisher and burlesk like this.
  14. AuburnRocket

Absolutely not... If you had a HORRIBLE mismatch inside, he'd fire up a 3.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Went to the game today and sat right behind the Rockets bench and learned a few things I dont always see on TV.

-For the most part, the players seem content losing.
    -I have no idea what JG's deal is, so many things to list, but just doesnt feel like the franchise guy and appears to be taking steps backwards.
    -KPJ looks really mature running the floor in person, very surprising, as I was not a huge KPJ fan, but he is growing on me.
    -Sengun looks good, and he seems to actually care about the game whether things go his way or not.
    -KJM looked like he just wanted to hoop, but didnt really care about his team much. He seemed hyper focused on just executing, but isolated in a sense from the team.
    -Coaching, I kept a close eye on what Rockets staff was doing and when speaking to players and when Clippers staff was talking to players during breaks....and during the game, I did not see Silas do anything at all, he was pretty much one of those inflatable tube men that you see waving their arms outside of a used car dealership, except he was unable to move his arms at all.

[​IMG]

16. AuburnRocket

Yeah, it wasn't a bad play by EGO...but how tall is EGO ? While he played it well, it wasn't the best matchup and who thought it wouldn't be PG with the shot ?

ak99999, burlesk and Tfor3 like this.
  17. jayland

jayland Member

It's all good.

[​IMG]

ak99999 and BallSoHarden like this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Call me crazy, I am not at all worried about JG and Jabari. Those two are going to be GREAT one day.

19. AuburnRocket

Emphasis on length of a head shorter.

aaquaa likes this.
  20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We really should be numb to this now. Rebuilding is tough especially when there doesn't seem to be forward progress.

Not sure how there are still real Kings fans around.

snowconeman22 and burlesk like this.