1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bruno Fernando - 7 Asts 0 TO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 20, 2022.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Sengun's TO's are from being too fancy. thats it. That between the legs pass off a screen, none of the guards pick up on except Jalen Green. That gave him like 4 TO's because the guards are too dumb to see what he wants. Fernando just makes the simple play. I would still like to see Sengun in the starting lineup with Bruno off the bench staggering KPJ's minutes at PG.

Sengun makes every single play that Bruno makes and I also think he makes Jalen Green and Jabari more effective in the Pnr and off ball reads. Sengun would also make the offense less stagnant. Sengun just has to learn to give the simple handoff. Sengun has 15 assists to wide open Bari all the guards missed. Even when sengun doesnt have the ball, he's quarterbacking the offense pointing to people KPJ and Jalen are missing.

KPJ and Bruno make each other better with the lobs. they should be running that with the super athletic 2nd group

DeBeards, Bo6, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Bruno looked great last night, and I think he is a quality NBA big. He outplayed Capela in every category in less minutes played and didn't commit a single foul. I was at the Dallas game that he put on a show, and he's on the right side of 25 with a golden contract. I'm excited about him!

Sengun playing the unconventional Manu Ginobli role is a pretty great idea, and with all the young talent we have I think that's a must have role to maximize guys skills. 22 minutes isn't ideal, but neither is playing Mathews 14 minutes. I hate to see what will happen when Tate gets back.

3. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Why are you showing Murray's highlights?

4. Xopher

Xopher Member

This is the year for the mistakes to be made and iron them out. Next year the Rockets have cap space and hopefully a good draft pick. I'm not saying to purposely tank, but this the year to make the mistakes and correct them.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, I don't get the hate towards KPj?

*NBA players come out in droves congratulating him when he hit 50 points in a game.
    *NBA players praise KPj before games.
    *NBA players rave about him after games as a true up and coming talent .
    *John Lucas likes the kid (despite some overplaying the halftime incident.....off with his head!!)
    *Silas apparently likes the kid ( got emotional when commenting on the extension).

NBA players and personnel like KPj.....I don't care if a few scouts, GM's, national
    media members (they hate all Houston products) couldn't guard him; but love to
    hate on him....they don't matter towards my opinion. Only those who really
    know (their judgement) basketball matter to me.

But let's get back to Bruno

#45 ApacheWarrior, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    DeBeards likes this.
  6. RocketsTerps

RocketsTerps Member

Bruno is the perfect Wemby placeholder. We’ll have a 3 headed monster at center next year.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't want to prioritize anyone. I just want the team to play as a team. Yesterday offense was horrible when KPJ and Jalen played together. No movement, and if that's how KPJ wants to play I need the coaching staff to put him in check. He's a solid all around player. Really good at catching and shooting but wants to dribble all day long. Not a winning formula ever.

Who knows if Sengun will be good or not. But the rockets don't even give him a chance like the other rookies.

cmoak1982 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A player who has to have the ball in his hands every time down the court isn't really a "team player" though... so if Sengun learns to be more of a team player, he might start

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Sengun won't be here long if he keeps playing like he has been playing.

maj21 and Dobbizzle like this.
  10. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think he needs the ball in his hands. He sets solid off ball screens. The rockets just need to move more and play more of a motion offense. That's all I ask. I don't care who plays as long as they change their style. Jabari suppose to be a taller Klay. Why does he just stand in the corner?

Jalen has the speed and shot to run around screens get open. But the rockets are developing bad habits. They need to change this pronto.

cmoak1982 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Sengun cares about his highlights and stats more than winning..Like I said before, he’s a blackhole.

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I actually really like Sengun, but right now he needs to learn the basics otherwise he genuinely doesn't deserve the starting spot. Bruno's more effective as things currently stand.

Corrosion likes this.
  13. maj21

maj21 Member

Not a good sign that he’s getting beat out by Bruno. Not to mention, Bruno looks better passing.. yikes

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He didn’t get beat out by Bruno.
    He got Silas-ed
    Silas doesn’t know how to coach team basketball

15. maj21

maj21 Member

Beat out, Silas-ed.. same thing lol

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’ll be better when we get a coach that can maximize his players abilities and not pigeon hole players into one dimensional roles.
    Or roles they are completely not capable of performing, cough cough KPJ

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I love threads based off of one game action. But I will agree Sengun played poorly for a lot of the game. And those between the let passes were unnecessary and he should have been benched after the second one failed. But sengun has said before that he notices that the nba is about flash and entertainment. He thinks he’s doing what it takes to be a good nba player. Needs to be told 2 points is 2 points. Doesn’t matter how flashy the points come, they’re all worth the same.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah those were bad plays but it's also about chemistry. He's probably never played with those guys before and they don't expect him to do that. He did it a bunch in the preseason and Jalen got the ball just fine.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I wish you were right, but I know one was to Gordon and I think the other might have been to Green. So can’t use that as an excuse. I do think other teams are on alert and know he’s looking for those passes. Last year nobody expected him to even have that kind of vision.

20. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Or rather Silas understands that you have to play 48 minutes not just the minutes starters play. Loading your starting lineup with duplicative talent (playmaking) and leaving that skill set off your bench is not good coaching and not a winning strategy.
    Sengun plays better with ball in hands. How can he do that with Greej and KpJ in? You’re going to give him the ball over your two dynamic guards? Sorry. No.

No Worries and cmoak1982 like this.