1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is Yolo the biggest punk on this board?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by hk_prometheus, Oct 13, 2022.

1. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Wouldn't know, don't interact with them all that much.

1. I can think of about 10 others who are more deserving of this distinction. Many of them do nothing but whine in series threads all year.

2. Whatever happened to new members having to wait before posting new threads on CF?

Nook, RunninRaven, IBTL and 3 others like this.
  2. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No

/thread

Nook, Slyonebluejay, Blatz and 4 others like this.
  3. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

I didn't know we could ban people.

4. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

The one thing i have always found perplexing on this board is the amount of credit or discredit one receives due to a join date or the amount of posts one has. I have been on this board since 2018, but was a member of the another board that went away, before i came over. Even though I read about every post Daily I don't often feel the need to post daily. Does my low post count discount what I have to say. Does my late arrival to clutch fans discount my opinion.
    I have just found it odd that some form opinions based on entry date or post amount. That is all. Just my thoughts rolling around in my brain.

Nook likes this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Probably didn't have account privileges to do so, due to him joining...*checks notes*...three days ago LOL

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

shout out to all the usual folks in here. This sums up my morning just seeing this thread. some 43 year old that joined 3 days ago is gonna ban me

Go Strosssssss

[​IMG]

topfive, RKREBORN, RussE and 8 others like this.
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

As far as the amount of posts go, I don't mind that. You could be a lurker, but have joined a while ago. I don't immediately look at people with a small post amount and immediately start them at a "-1" or whatever.

However, people that have very recent join dates might not know what reputation certain posters have. An inflammatory first post / thread starter could just be what the OP does. Everyone proceeds to disagree with the OP, and everyone then laughs it off. People who have been here awhile, just **** on the OP and know not to engage further.

But a poster who recently just joined might not realize the inflammatory personality, and take offense to whatever the poster said. This thread is a case in point.

Nook and Rashmon like this.
  8. Juxtaposed Jolt

@YOLO what did you even do to OP? :eek:

9. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I think that length of time and number of posts are valid pieces of information to use when deciding about a member.

But it's one piece of the picture.

They can both help make a decision but actual posts and how that person acts/reacts to various issues and other posts says volumes.

I am pretty new here compared to most and am very opinionated and active.

I try to be respectful of everyone but it's easy without clues like tone and body language for many posts to be misunderstood.

I would hope I would not have a member post to "ban" me but if one did his/her length of time here and level of activity might help understand which of the 2 members are better for this site and what the best choice is.

But only a piece of the whole picture.

IBTL likes this.
  10. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I find your statement quite true.
    In the beginning when i joined I did not post much or at all for fear of having my thoughts being ridiculed.
    I still do not post much on the Texans thread, cuz those people is straight up ANGRY!

I enjoy most of the posters on the board until it turns into a political argument. My thoughts on such matters are mine and mine alone. I make my voice heard in the ballot booth. This board is a microcosm of American demographics with one underlying truth.
    I think we are all pulling for the same team.
    I think?

Slyonebluejay likes this.
  11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Man, go outside and touch some grass. We put up with miserable summers year in and year out just so we get the privilege of enjoying this time of year in Houston.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It's summer time, people supposed to get horny.

Nook likes this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

The ragweed is making life horrible. It's "extremely heavy" every day. I'd rather have the heat tbh.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That's fair. My entire family suffers from allergies, and it's been a rough few months. But at the end of the day, as long as we keep the nasal spray in good supply, I'm enjoying life these days. Ever since 2015 or so, October has been a great month.

15. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

But are they dues paying member?

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

J/K ;)

Nook likes this.
  17. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just came in to ask OP to be my friend so he doesn't ban me. Please don't ban me.

18. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

New dude popped into game thread had an opinion. Yolo let’s him know he is not only new to the forum but to watching baseball. Was a helluva rude greeting. That’s why guy is butthurt.

IBTL and jiggyfly like this.
  19. clos4life

clos4life Member

YOLO? Of all the weirdos on this site, OP chose YOLO? YOLO is just a straight talker, whether you agree with him or not, he doesn't stir the pot unlike some other posters. I have had arguments with YOLO which I later realized I was just too invested in the moment, but he is a fairly good poster overall that doesn't sugar coat his opinions but also doesn't say crazy ish just to get a reaction.

RKREBORN and YOLO like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I don't really have a ranking, but you're starting this thread would make you right up there with him.