1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

F* Joe Musgrove

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RasaqBoi, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I posted this over and over in the “2017 tainted” thread when this first came out. Keep your mouth shut. Say “I have no idea what he’s talking about”. At least we gave Boston the play book on what not to say or do.

Stephen66 likes this.
  2. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

What a douchebag.

You had every opportunity on that 2017 team to speak up and bring things to light. But you didn't. Now you're on your high horse saying you want to earn a real ring.

F*** off

3. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Hey Joe, we did earn it. I’m quite sure the stanks and codgers were doing their own version of “evening out the odds”. But since the media would rather whack off to Aaron Judge and the light you will just fall victim to the continued gaslighting. Red Sox cheated.
    And the media? Well Joe. Put on your white uni

[​IMG]

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  4. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Joe actually defended the Astros when this first came out. Disappointed but at the same time realize that this is result of guys like Passan, Onley, etc constantly pointing out the Astros cheating while ignoring other teams. Let's be honest, guys like Evan Drelich really profited off of the Astros. If they would point out other teams it would really takes away from their gain as the casual fan would realize that cheating has always been a part of baseball.

jiggyfly, SuraGotMadHops and IBTL like this.
  5. right1

right1 Member

Prediction: Musgrove will never win another ring and will regret he ever said this.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I ain't no preacher, but here's my Erick Sermon.

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Prediction: Musgrove will never win another ring and will forget he ever said this.

xcrunner51 likes this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pretty much every team in the MLB is cheating on some level.

HTown2017Champs and Stephen66 like this.
  9. SuraGotMadHops

Screw him and his two-faced, flippy flop attitude. He enjoyed himself like crazy at the parade and celebrated on twitter when the Yankee sealed letter lawsuit was filed. Any player, Musgrove or otherwise, that STILL complains or feels "shame" about 2017 is not only ignorant, but sanctimonious and simply starving for cheap adoration.

Despite Jeff Pissants declaration that the Yankee letter revealing their cheating in 2015 was a "nothing burger," the more I learn how much the Astros AL playoff opponents were cheating and getting away with it, the more I am coming around to the idea that the Astros NOT responding with counter-cheating would've amounted to tactical malpractice.

We won. Deal with it hoes.

marks0223, right1 and Stephen66 like this.
  10. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Not pickING at you at all, but what details did you learn about other teams cheating? I feel strongly they were but only heard rumors and players saying it happened but ever backing it up with details/facts.

11. SuraGotMadHops

Logan Morrison, Eric Kratz, Chris Bassett, Chris Sale to start with were all players that said other teams did it too. Manfred himself stood in front of a microphone and said "we got complaints about other teams too." Unfortunately, most this stuff gets buried bc the media members that carry water for LA, Boston and NY want to keep the grenade Houston's way.

12. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

1. We had the only rat in the dugout
    2. We were the only team that the players admitted it
    Until another rat comes out of the dark and the story can be confirmed/corroborated we get to shoulder the cheating in baseball

13. vince

vince Member

Well, baseball media cartel is loving this. Imagine a world where the Dodgers or Yankees are the good guys taking out the villainous Astros.

Folks nationwide root against the Dodgers and Yankees because they buy their championships with their massive budgets, that thwart the competition. They pay to have extremely unfair competitive advantage against the rest of the league.

But the National media can champion the richest teams as the under dogs.

Stephen66 and the shark like this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Click bait news.

I am not riled a bit by what he said. You know why?

Cause Joe aint winnin' no ring with SD this year. HA!

15. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Ima have to mark out his autograph from 2017. Can’t burn the hat because it has Altuve. But I think I may put a big X on Joe’s signature.

marks0223 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have to think that's what he meant by earning the ring and not because of the scandal, that would seem like something a writer would throw in there.

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok **** him.

He is probably still mad he got traded.

If you don't feel great, don't wear the ****ing ring, problem solved.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why?

It would only take away from the Altuve sig more than anything else.

19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Damn, man. I really liked Joe. Him and the rat can go kick rocks.

Stephen66 and marks0223 like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

[insert dismissive wanking motion here]