1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[AMC] Better Call Saul Season 6

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Mar 10, 2022.

1. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

If you have youtube tv, it's available on VOD with the only ads at the beginning of the episode. I couldn't wait to watch the last episode so I made the mistake of watching on DVR and had to fast forward the commercials. It definitely breaks the immersion and intensity of the show. It's been great catching up on it when it was on Netflix.

CCity Zero and ROCKSS like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's still interesting how I rooted more for Walt than I ever would for Saul.

Saul's a dirty crook of a lawyer, but you could say Walt cooked up more mayhem and destruction than Saul ever would with his grandiose schemes.

Those last episodes where Gene almost resorted to violence very uncharacteristic even though it'd be more believable with Walt. I just went along with the shift because there was only a few left...

ROCKSS and CCity Zero like this.
  3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Watched it against last night and fast forwarded through the insane amount of commercials and it was great, farewell Saul

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Was his TIME MACHINE re-doing his "confession" or winning back Kim. Or both.

ROCKSS and conquistador#11 like this.
  6. conquistador#11

I don't know but that scene just reconfirmed what a jackazz Walter was. Let the man talk about time travel. Dude always had to be right and 1 up everyone even in a simple fun time traveling convo. F' that dude. Even Mike playfully discussed time travel.

7. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I took it as winning back Kim but I am sure he has quite a few regrets he would like to change.....its like he wanted to tell Mike but his machismo pride would not allow it, at least that was my take. Mike had a great take on the question......go back to the day he took his first bribe, I assume the follow up would be that he would not take it

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I didn't remember him being so grumpy, but I guess he was. Maybe it's because he knew his time on earth was limited. No time for nonsense. Still a dick though. But I love him. Lulz.

9. GRENDEL

I went back and watched the first episode Saul showed up on BB and Walt was very much a grumpy dick, that flashback with Saul was right in line with BB.....

ROCKSS, Yung-T and Ziggy like this.
  10. conquistador#11

I'm motivated to watch Breaking Bad all over again. Loved it but never watched it after it ended.

11. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

Still trying to process it all but I'm sorry it's over. BB and BCS.... what a ride.

12. Buck Turgidson

Same...sometime in the future I'm going to have to rewatch both series back2back.

ROCKSS and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i was hoping for some kind of breaking bad-style ending where theres a huge violent, dramatic and unexpected final scene, but im glad they went the way they did. it was the right ending for BCS. and im glad that kim was in the final scene.

saul getting life in prison was a surprising twist. he deserves it, but im hoping he ends up paroled at some point in his 70's or 80's. either way, looks like everyone in prison likes him. imagine him just giving out tons of legal advice to prisoners and guards. everyone is going to have his back. he is probably the king in there.

also, notice they never used that crossroads scene that they showed in previews (or maybe i missed it). it was a good way to throw us off. based off that scene i figured kim was in rural nebraska somewhere and saul was trying to find her.

14. SuraGotMadHops

This was after Hank got murdered, the Nazis stole $70 million from him, his wife and son turned on him, and he's waiting to get "disappeared" by Ed. Yeah, I can see why he wasn't in the mood to play time machine.

Ziggy, ROCKSS, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  15. conquistador#11

I thought it could be that. But I started watching yesterday, starting with my own favorite season, Season 4.
    Four episodes in and Walt walks in on Hank, a joyful Hank explaining minerals to Flynn. I totally forgot Jr changed his name to Flynn. Love that dude.
    It's the first time we see Hank even show a smile after having a hit put on him by the compadres. Walt walks in there a completely rains on their parade. It's always been there but people just chose to blame Skyler.
    4, 5 part II, 3, 5, 2 is my viewing order skipping season 1.

ROCKSS likes this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I love the fact that . . . He had basically gotten away with it . .. 7 years
    THEN *HE* reversed it.

Someone point out that was the whole time machine thing
    Was Jimmy always running from responsibility. He could not admit regret because that would mean he was responsible for something wrong

He finally admit it . . .. and his greatest admission was that He was Responsible for Chuck Killing himself.
    He took the law from him .

Rocket River

ROCKSS and jo mama like this.
  17. GRENDEL

18. Invisible Fan

19. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm way behind, but finale caught up with this last season. Fortunately I bought it on Amazon so didn't have to watch any commercials.

Y'all have summed up a lot of what was amazing. I loved it. It felt like the right ending for BCS. Different from BB, but true to itself.

One question, the scene with Jimmy and Chuck and discussing his publicly defended clients...that was a hypothetical scene where Jimmy actually becomes a decent lawyer and doesn't fall back into Slippin' Jimmy ways (ie. Saul), right? Or was that a real scene? Chuck picks up a copy of HG Wells' Time Machine afterwards and I thought that was telling us this was a "What if" scene in which Jimmy does right by Chuck despite Chuck being kind of a prick, and Chuck actually sort of starts to get some respect for Jimmy as a lawyer. That whole scene hit me in the feels but I haven't seen anyone talking about it.

ROCKSS and Ziggy like this.
  20. Invisible Fan

That whole time machine bit was like A Christmas Carol where Jimmy had three moments where things could've been different if the situation presented it.

I guess him and Walt was more of a thing that nails Jimmy's character but the whole BCS series pretty much reverses or resolves him using vacuum man to run away.