1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I agree with #1, but I lean more towards @Space Ghost position and think there will never be actual charges against Trump.

ElPigto and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

From the NYTimes:

mdrowe00, Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

Oh oh oh so you care about data security again! While that's not super related to this case dealing with Presidential Records and potential Espionage Act violation, I do have some great discussion topics I'd love to hear your opinion on!

U.S. officials concerned Trump discussing sensitive information on unsecured cellphone
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...itive-information-unsecured-cellphone-n924376

But their emails: Seven members of Trump's team have used unofficial communication tools
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...am-have-used-unofficial-communications-tools/

Ivanka Trump sent hundreds of emails last year to White House aides, Cabinet officials and her assistants using a personal account, many of them in violation of federal records rules
    washingtonpost.com/politics/ivanka-trump-used-a-personal-email-account-to-send-hundreds-of-emails-about-government-business-last-year/2018/11/19/6515d1e0-e7a1-11e8-a939-9469f1166f9d_story.html

The Trump Administration's Questionable Email Practices
    https://www.americanoversight.org/i...-administrations-questionable-email-practices

You care about data security with emails of a state official right? So surely you care about these cases equally as much as you do Hillary Clinton right? Please respond to me, I'd really love to hear what you think, I'm so glad we're back to caring about data security with emails because clearly it's been a problem in multiple admins now! Good thing we ousted from office these people who broke all these rules we care so much about

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did she refuse to comply with a subpoena? Did she refuse to comply with direct visits from the DOJ because they were giving her deferential treatment that other citizens wouldn't get?

DonnyMost, Andre0087 and mdrowe00 like this.
  5. justtxyank

Treason is a specific crime defined by the Constitution and possessing documents he shouldn't is not it.

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

justtxyank likes this.
  7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe that is a realistic possibility. I'm totally up in the air about whether or not there will be charges brought. I guess my post was conditional on the idea that charges would be brought.

justtxyank likes this.
  8. justtxyank

SMH. Fox News photshopped a picture of the judge who signed the warrant into a photo of the Epstein chick (replacing Epstein in the photo) and showed it on air to smear him.

9. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’m not a lawyer, so I’m trying to learn as much about this as I can. The part of your post I was asking about is where you said “it must be proven he kept the documents for malicious reasons.”

I’m not saying what you said is right or wrong. I just want to know where you got that from so I can learn more about this argument. Maybe you are a lawyer and already know what the law is, or maybe you heard it from someone else.

Yes, I consider being convicted of a felony to be serious.

10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

In this context, I am defining malicious intent as attempts to strong arm/black mail/ect or directly provide the content to bad actors. This must be proven definitively and not speculation (ie: convicted of a crime).

Outside of those who are claiming the documents are declassified, I dont think anyone is saying he should be allowed to have them.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  11. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

lol are you serious?

Andre0087 likes this.
  12. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Oh, c'mon. You KNEW that was coming and the rolleyes was the best you could do? :)

jiggyfly, Os Trigonum and Deckard like this.
  13. justtxyank

Yes. Kilmeade did it.

Deckard and Blatz like this.
  14. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

For your perusal, the search warrant and receipt of items seized:

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

count me as skeptical that anything will happen to Trump

people don’t really get held accountable these days…Alex Jones did just receive a 47 million dollar L, so I guess there is some justice here and there

16. cdastros

cdastros Member

A crazy person attempted to murder FBI agents yesterday. I don't think it is excessive to expect Donald Trump to remove FBI names from the warrant before releasing it. Trump should care about the safety of law enforcement so yes he did it wrong.

quikkag and Ubiquitin like this.
  17. Agent94

Agent94 Member

How much do you think a defamation settlement is going to cost?

Xerobull and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What we are clearly witnessing is the blatant and unconscionable weaponization of the justice department against the current regime's chief political adversary, who they have been unable to take down by legitimate means.

Go ahead an lie through your teeth by refuting or denying that. This regime and the leadership of these federal agencies are wrecklessly and irredeemably corrupt and altogether untrustworthy. This is an obvious and entirely unprincipled political hatchet job. And anyone with an active conscience and an independently functioning brain knows it.

These people deserve whatever harm comes to them. They have brought it on themselves. They are the enemies of our nation and its citizens and deserve to be held accountable as such, by any means necessary.

ROXRAN likes this.
  19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The US Department of Justice is investigating whether former President Donald Trump violated the Espionage Act, according to reports

The US Justice Department is investigating whether former President Donald Trump violated the Espionage Act, which prohibits retaining national security information that could harm the United States or aid a foreign adversary, The New York Times, Politico and The Guardian report. Per an FBI warrant obtained by the outlets, Trump is also being investigated for violating additional statutes relating to obstruction of justice and destroying federal government records. Conviction under these statutes can result in imprisonment or fines.

JeeberD and FranchiseBlade like this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lmao are ya'll still hoping something will come of this.... It was funny ass hell during the 1st impeachment.... Never gets old....

ROXRAN likes this.