1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breaking: FBI raiding Mar-a-Lago

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by larsv8, Aug 8, 2022.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

So stupid. I guess it is one way to try and get ahead of the story by claiming he likes to save things from the Whitehouse. This family I swear.

Reeko and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Tulsi Gabbard gets it right on:

Tulsi Gabbard: Federal Abuses Of Power Aren't Even Hidden Anymore, This Is Much Bigger Than Donald Trump

TULSI GABBARD: There is something that every American should be extremely concerned about, because this raid is just the latest serious escalation of this disturbing trend that we have seen of blatant abuse of power by those in power, to not only protect their friends but to target their political opponents, or frankly anyone who dares to dissent or challenge or disagree or even question what this administration is doing.

And there are a number of examples that we can point to not only abuse of power within the Department of Justice, within the FBI, or law enforcement agencies, but also the Department of Homeland Security and the IRS. You pointed to a few examples already. You know, look to the FBI investigation of the -- of Trump for the Russia hoax that didn't turn out to be anything. You look at the IRS and Lois Lerner directly targeting conservative organizations under the Obama administration. You look at this administration's Department of Homeland Security's creation of a "ministry of truth" to go after us. Every day Americans across the country to tell us hey, here is what we say the truth is and is not and what you are allowed to say and what you are not allowed to say.

It's hard to imagine given how blatant all of this is that this is happening in the United States of America. And that is what is so deeply concerning is that we should not, as Americans, have to be thinking, "hey, the IRS, the Biden administration just passed a bill with more big spending, giving the IRS $80 billion to go after entrepreneurs, everyday Americans who are working hard and, hey, maybe I should think about what I'm posting on Facebook and if I criticize the administration, does that make me a target for an audit by this is that will now have thousands more irs agents to go after everyday Americans?"

These kinds of things should not be running through our minds in a democracy. These things are what happens in banana republics where dictators have federal agencies, including law enforcement to act as their own personal goon squads, and that's what I'm thinking of as I see this escalating very dangerous trend and abuse of power by this administration.

I think we are seeing some of the outrage coming from people across the country, regardless of their political persuasion and I hope that those who aren't paying attention do take notice because if you think this is just about Trump, you're wrong. This is about every single one of us as Americans, and this precedent that's being set of an abuse of power that's not even being hidden anymore. I think it maybe was happening behind the curtains or maybe denying it was happening. It is out in the open in broad daylight, blatant abuse of power, targeting political opponents, targeting those who dare to dissent, and attacking our most fundamental constitutional rights and freedom.

So, don't think this is about somebody else. Don't think this is about just people of one, you know, political persuasion. This is about every one of us as Americans and protecting our rights and freedoms.​

cml750 and blue_eyed_devil like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Head of FBI - Deep State
    Independent judge - Deep State
    Law that Trump signed - Deep State
    Rules and practices that have been in place forever - Deep State
    Google - Deep State

You guys need to learn that the only nonpartisan people in the world are Trump and the pillow guy!

4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What was the Federal abuse of power in this execution of a legally obtained warrant?

AleksandarN, edwardc, mtbrays and 2 others like this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

That they did it to trump!

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think most commenters so far have suggested the DOJ should have gone the subpoena route

8. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right, though I've heard that they won't do that if the subject of the Subpoena isn't trustworthy and might use that opportunity to destroy the requested documents.

That makes sense since the evidence surfaced of documents being flushed down the toilet and Trump lied about that.

Those are certainly reasonable things that might have them choose a warrant instead.

AleksandarN likes this.
  9. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Trump actually made this more serious then it was prior to him taking office, he made taking classified docs even more of a criminal liability, talk about Irony. His cult is just hurt because they know he is going down, hence the already blatant theory of the FBI planting evidence......how convenient that several of his cult followers are floating that.............oh and defund the FBI, who wants to defund an agency now. Karma is a fickle mistress. I do think the DOJ needs to come out and tell all of us why they did what they did so the speculation can stop

Blatz, JayGoogle and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. CCorn

CCorn Member

Stop being a libtard. Trump has never done anything that should make people question his integrity.

11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I would agree with that but they have been going back and forth for a few months, if he had done what was asked at the beginning this could have been avoidable. I can only assume the docs must have been that sensitive..........hell, who knows what the heck he kept. The DOJ needs to come out today and tell us exactly why they did this, I totally agree with that, we need an answer to why

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

TBH with him it could just be a document stating that he’s not actually a billionaire.

subtomic, AleksandarN, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do you love Andrew?

How can you love someone that's a forward-thinking progressive 1 minute and then playing footsie with republican anarchists the next?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

I think he’s pragmatic, which I like. But he does say dumb ****.

ryan_98 and jiggyfly like this.
  15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So him and Trump are friends?

ROCKSS, dmoneybangbang and VooDooPope like this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the evidence of him flushing "documents" down the toilet from the photos that were published by Axios look like his own hand-written notes to himself. Presidential "documents" to be sure, but hardly on the level of classified national security dossiers

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rules for thee, not for T

FranchiseBlade and jiggyfly like this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

because he's not dogmatic.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How can you be pragmatic and continually say dumb ****?

Either you are not really pragmatic or you will just say anything you think of that will benefit you, so you are pragmatic when It's concerning you.

This is not a shot at you @CCorn but this why politics and governance is in the dumpster, so many people are swayed by people telling them what they want to hear.

It's been all down hill since this.

[​IMG]

That kind of sums up Yang, he likes the worship.

Even the guy behind him is uncomfortable with that, yeesh.

Blatz likes this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL,

You love every dogmatic Republican, at least the ones that worship the dogma of Trump.

dmoneybangbang likes this.