1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Grifts, Loans, and Investigations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, Aug 22, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WOW! His packed Supreme Court just let him get away with Grifting millions off his Presidency. What a joke of law and order Republicans. Honestly, it makes me sick to think he got away with using his power to funnel money into the hands of his properties and family.

Supreme Court dismisses emoluments cases against Trump
    By Ariane de Vogue and Devan Cole, CNN
    Updated 2:35 PM EST, Mon January 25, 2021
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/25/politics/emoluments-supreme-court-donald-trump-case/index.html

VooDooPope and seemoreroyals like this.
  2. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

3. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Just how much jeopardy -- legally and financially -- is Trump in over the next few years? And the answer is "a lot."

1. The New York attorney general's office is looking into how the Trump organization valued its assets.

2. Defamation lawsuits from E. Jean Carroll and Summer Zervos.

3. A fraud lawsuit filed by Trump niece Mary Trump.

4. A possible charge of incitement by the DC attorney general for Trump's role in the January 6 riot at the US Capitol.

5. Two investigations into Trump's attempts to pressure Georgia elected officials to overturn the state's election results.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/18/politics/donald-trump-tax-returns-finances/index.html

No Worries and B-Bob like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I would add in the most obvious which is the one where he ordered someone to commit a crime that his lawyer who acted on his behalf went to jail for.

The reason is you now have Congress on record acquitting Trump under the premise that they lack jurisdiction. The DOJ almost has to indict Trump now because of this which completely blows up the Nixon DOJ memo about indicting a sitting president.

I assume that it'll ultimately have to go back to the Supreme Court which will have to be faced with the stance of saying whether or not the President is truly above the law. I think there are alot of reasons even for the Conservatives to make a strong stance there, and think the consensus will be that the Nixon DOJ memo holds no legal weight as it was just a bias opinion written to protect a president that had committed crimes.

So if Trump's lawyer is guilty then Trump has to be guilty as well. This is still the case that feels the most solid in my non attorney opinion.

saitou, mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. dobro1229

Also worth noting that there is nothing in the Constitution prohibiting a convicted felon from running for President. Even if he's under indictment, I'm pretty sure he can still run. If he's not able to be sworn in on January 20th because he's in jail, or on house arrest, that's the main issue for legal scholars to figure out. My guess is though that a judge would probably approve of temporary release in order to travel to DC to be sworn in, but would likely have to be the commander in chief from home confinement... which I guess could be the White House.

Which is a truly insane scenario that our framers had no idea would even be possible, but it definitely is in Trump's case if he runs in 2024, and wins for whatever reason.

IBTL and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The family that has so many lawsuits against them it's hard to imagine just got two more.

Star witness in Ukraine impeachment saga sues Trump allies and alleges conspiracy to intimidate him
    By Katelyn Polantz, CNN
    Updated 2:41 PM EST, Wed February 02, 2022

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/02/poli...-rudy-giuliani-ukraine-impeachment/index.html

Impeachment witness Vindman sues Trump's son and top allies over alleged smear campaign
    The suit alleges that Donald Trump Jr., Rudy Giuliani and others "engaged in an intentional, concerted campaign of unlawful intimidation and retaliation."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/do...man-sues-trump-s-son-top-allies-over-n1288425

B-Bob, adoo and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

All of this is great - 5 pages of grifting, criminal activity and yet dude is still acting the same, still free.

I've gotten more strife over a traffic ticket and this dude hasn't faced a single consequence his entire existence. It's really remarkable

8. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

He'll never be held accountable for his actions.

FranchiseBlade, IBTL and No Worries like this.
  9. dobro1229

No he won't because he became President, and there's a sacred unwritten rule that we have to maintain this perception throughout history that we are somehow specially impervious to violence, criminality, and corruption.

There's a naivety that it's best to just ignore him and let him become a bookmark in history everyone forgets about like Andrew Johnson or James Buchanan.

The biggest reason though is our judicial justice system which is flawed for these type of domestic political criminals. The reason why a prosecutor "chooses" (which is kind of a flaw too that they can choose to ignore if they want to) to not prosecute someone like Trump is because they know that they'll likely lose or have a missed trial because there is no way that you can find 12 unbias jurors when it comes to Trump. So an AG or prosecutor is so overly cautious that they convince themselves they'll lose and just say they are investigating or haven't found the smoking gun yet, and then time runs out.

Prosecutors and Garland aren't afraid of Trump as much as they are afraid of losing in court, and what comes after that.

10. Gioan Baotixita

For some weird reasons...I shared your pain! Lol

IBTL likes this.
  11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Haha sometimes I move positions as to be bruised in a new location

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Framers believed that by spreading out power and with checks and balances that the individual branches would act independently. Even by the time of the first President they realized the power of partisanship. Washington himself warned of the dangers of partisanship to overwhelm the system and we're seeing that now. Where checks and balances and even rule of law take a back seat to loyalty to party.

13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We all know that Trump said only criminals plead the 5th.

#93 deb4rockets, Aug 10, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2022
    Blatz and adoo like this.
  14. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

This is another Democrat left vendetta against their chief political adversary. Nobody who is not a liar will even try to refute that. This is Trump telling these people to go screw themselves, which is exactly the level of respect and deference that they deserve. He is giving them the following message:

[​IMG]

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Make sure you pop in tomorrow and post some pleading the 5th cartoons. Have to support your tub of lard POTUS.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

When I think of the FBI I think of leftist extremists.

17. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

My high schooler writes better than this. Dude, it is not too late to get that GED.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Since you're mentioning liars again, you never responded to this. Perhaps you missed it.

Screenshot_20220810-124649_Firefox.jpg

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Came for the lawsuits, stayed for the Mojoman meltdown.

4 stars, would recommend.

dmoneybangbang likes this.