1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yankees get an A for sure. Their rotation is probably their weakness.

2. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Out of curiosity, if it hasn't already been done, can any of you experts/psychos construct an equivalent trade of what the Astros would have had to given up to make the Soto/Bell trade?

3. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Javier, Garcia, Brown, Leon, Barber, McCormick. And even that’s probably not really equivalent.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  4. raining threes

The world is far from over, I still think they can win a championship with this team. But Click didn't do all he could to help them out.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

Pretty cool seeing the Yankees making moves solely to beat HOU.

Also, it’s not lost on me that 2 of the 3 guys we traded for were the longest tenured players on each respective club. Obviously this is a performance based industry but we should be feeling pretty good about Mancini and Vasquez additions IMO.

6. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

He’ll cave or he’ll sit out the season. It’s a terrible law in Canada, but his contract is guaranteed.

besides, he already said he would cave if traded there, or else the Toronto GM should get fired for pulling a dumb move like that.

Marshall Bryant and Dacamel like this.
  7. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I think Will Smith might be an interesting reclamation project. Aside from being a much needed lefty with playoff experience, he has a high spin rate on his 4 seam fastball. The pitching coaches really helped Montero become dominant and Smith has that kind of upside.

Nook, raining threes and Dacamel like this.
  8. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

Did dusty really say he wasn’t going to play the new guys much?

9. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

You don’t get it! Yuli and Maldy might go 1-7 tonight!

Nook and Dacamel like this.
  10. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I worry if Dusty is not going to give Mancini and Vazquez enough abs.

Nook and The Beard like this.
  11. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

I’m fine committing to Yuli for the rest of the way. But at this point Chas and Meyers should not both be starting with Mancini now on the team

Fulgore and Dacamel like this.
  12. PuzzledFan

PuzzledFan Member

13. Big Uns

Big Uns Member

On the back of players not decided on by him. Get real.

Wulaw Horn and The Beard like this.
  14. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

Seems like most fans feel the same way as I do:
    Click should have upgraded the offense more. With Yuli, Bregman, Maldonado being bad for most of the year, Yordan might not be 100%, Brantley uncertain right now and was also bad most of the year. Then there's Meyers. We lost Springer and Correa. The team needed more bats to keep the average offense afloat. We're really gonna have to rely on our pitching to keep the games in our favor.

I'm pretty sure we last won the WS in 2017, we've been back to the WS since but have not gotten it done. Our window is now. You can tell we obviously still have the talent, with JV pitching, 2nd best record in the AL, leading the division by alot, dominated NYY and NYM. We just needed that one major acquisition to support the offense.

15. raining threes

What I will counter with is the Braves won the WS after revamping their of at the deadline. I could see the same thing happening again.

Rockets FTW likes this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

7,8,9 are automatic outs

desihooper and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

I’m not a big Click fan…. But there really wasn’t a lot out there. He was never going to get Soto. The Mariners over paid on Castillo and Bell (who was their target) was included in the Soto deal.

They tried to make something happen but it was a tough market. I like the moves they made, but will admit they would have been able to add another bat at CF or 1st, but it wasn’t available.

studogg likes this.
  18. phasors28

phasors28 Member

Since We missed out on FAs and only signed Nico Goodrum I was truly hoping for an impact bat like the Braves added with Soler last year but none were available. I hope we pay up for a good FA bat this offseason instead of hoping for a trade. Hope can take us so far

19. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

What is it about Click that you don’t like or think he can do better on ? Just curious when you say you aren’t a big fan

20. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I mean- fine- don’t get a really big bat, but then embrace and lean into your inner Tampa Bay and at least go get a platoon partner for Yuli at 1B and go get an OF that hits RHP well to platoon with Chas in the OF. Really, that should be Brantley but it sure sounds like he’s done for the year.