1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Zawahiri got got

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Aug 1, 2022.

1. adoo

adoo Member

the incompetent one

when asked, where is bin Laden, the sitting POTUS W said "probably dead"
    the competent one

while Citizen Trump was leading the birther lie, the sitting POTUS Obama ordered the hunt for bin laden, who eventually killed by Navy SEALS

while the ex-president, Orange hair, was kissing up to the Saudis, the sitting POTUS Biden ordered the hunt for al-Zawahri, who was killed by a drone.​

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It’s good and it crippled Al Qeada but Al Qaeda isn’t the force it once was in Islamic extremism.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares? We should hunt them down and kill them wherever they are...whenever we can....did Israel stop hunting Nazis?

DD

4. Buck Turgidson

Why on earth would you somehow think we're not still actively engaging foreign terrorists?

ROCKSS likes this.
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Feels like Sisyphus at this point.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No they didn’t and not saying we shouldn’t have taken out Zwahari but the overall effect of taking him out now is going to be marginal given where Al Qeada as an organization is.

7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

And here I though we got the **** out of Afghanistan.

Rocket River likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Dude got murked by a flying slap chop. Crazy

DaDakota, ROCKSS, JuanValdez and 3 others like this.
  9. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Send one to the Pooh bear who wants to shoot down Pelosi’s plane out of the sky.

10. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Show us the body.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've seen photos and I think they're staged. It looks like Kareem Abdul-Jabbar wearing a fake beard and the home "in downtown Kabul" is clearly a Hollywood soundstage.

12. adoo

adoo Member

while some people had been quick to play checkers
    ,​
    competent folks have been playing chess

Before he gave the order to kill Ayman al-Zawahiri, President Joe Biden wanted to intimately understand where the al Qaeda leader was hiding.

The US drone strike that killed Zawahiri on his balcony in downtown Kabul was the product of months of highly secret planning by Biden and a tight circle of his senior advisers. Among the preparations was a small-scale model of Zawahiri's safe house, constructed by intelligence officials and placed inside the White House Situation Room for Biden to examine as he debated his options. For Biden, the opportunity to take out the world's most wanted terrorist, one of the masterminds of the September, 11, 2001, attacks, was fraught with the risk of accidentally killing civilians in the Afghan capital — just as a US drone strike did 11 months ago during the chaotic US military withdrawal from the country.

Throughout the months-long effort to plan this weekend's strike, Biden repeatedly tasked his officials with ensuring civilians -- including members of Zawahiri's family -- weren't killed. None were, according to the White House.

13. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Isn't this like the 3rd time he has died?

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

flattering that you did that kind of digging

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Doesn't matter, it sets a precedent....no matter how long it takes we will get you.

DD

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm not very interested in continuing to fight or degrade Al Qaeda. This feels like closing an old chapter. He had it coming for 9/11, USS Cole, and the embassy attacks. I would be less interested in hunting down the next generation of leadership for that organization unless they commit some fresh atrocities.

Should have predicted you'd say that.

That's fascinating. Props for no collateral damage.

Btw, this is totally an assassination. No different from having a sniper on a rooftop. What's the status on the executive order on assassinations? I would have preferred to have the Taliban extradite him to us so he could face trial. That obviously wasn't in the cards. Given that we had a declared 'war on terror' and he was identified as a combatant and the leader of this organization we were at war with (and, bonus, not a Head of State), I don't have too many qualms about assassinating him. But, let's call it what it is.

Yeah! Our BS wars don't need no 911 architects!

;)

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

18. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

He was diced into twelve pieces. Yikes. Nah...that couldn't be. I wonder what would happen to a human hit head on (well...not on his head per se) by that missile if the extended center portion hit him first? Shouldn't that center portion be like a big four sided blade or something?

I'm guessing he was pretty unrecognizable after that. Kind of reminds me of that scene in "Resident Evil" when the lasers diced those folks up in the hallway. I wonder if he had perfect cuts like that? He probably was just a blob of meat after.

Unfortunately, he was a monster so he deserved it.

#38 Surfguy, Aug 2, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    DaDakota and ROCKSS like this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought we left there

Rocket River
    Watched 12 Strong this weekend . .. wasn't bad

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member