1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2022 Trade Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by HTown2017Champs, May 8, 2022.

1. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

Yeah I definitely don’t have an issue with them adding an OF who can play CF this season and move to LF next season. I just don’t think it’s time to give up on Meyers as a future everyday CF.

Bregatron, Wulaw Horn and IowaAstro like this.
  2. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

I get what you are saying. In fairness to that industry, the system rankings are usually based on which farm systems have the most potential all star level players. Ours has done a great job of producing role players to fill out the back of our rotation and lineup, but doesn't have as many guys who could become all stars.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The 90s featured a number of future stars that were likely PED enhanced (but not like they couldn't have used here)

Caminiti, Finley, Gonzalez, & Nevin come to mind in addition to Lofton, Schilling, Santana, and Abreu.

4. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

Chafin of the Tigers who has been mentioned in this thread as a desired target just got put on restricted list before the Tigers play the Blue Jays in Canada.

Baseball reasons only - he is unvaccinated so would be an issue to trade for him.

5. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

System rankings are heavily skewed towards initial hype: high draft status, high IFA signing bonus, etc.... The Tuves and Frambers and to a lesser degree Meyers amd Mccormicks are almost never going to help pull up a farm system rankings in real time. Even Pena, a 3rd round pick, barely scraped the top 100 lists on his way to being an easy top 5 rookie.

Nook and Bregatron like this.
  6. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Always good to get the political talk going in these sports threads huh

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Yeah but nearly every prospect or great player that is still on the team or that left was a Luhnow deal.... Even today with Alvarez The Astros are moving forward because of him. Correct me if I'm wrong....

raining threes and Wulaw Horn like this.
  8. Screaming Fist

https://www.mlb.com/news/power-bat-options-at-2022-trade-deadline

Christian Walker is an interesting name mentioned here and would give the Astros another year to figure out 1B. Feels like more of an Astros pickup than Bell as he has been hitting the ball well this year but has been unlucky. The thing that jumps out the most to me though is his defense. He has a higher OAA this season than any member of the Astros.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  9. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

oh screw off… I owned and managed a healthcare consulting company for years and doctors are far from infallible in fact it’s just the opposite. Most do not have critical thinking skills and were just disciplined students. They do what they are told. They don’t ask questions and when I say most I am talking about 80% or more. These doctors rarely research clinical studies. Reps from medical companies walk them through studies that their own companies paid to have completed in order to justify using new drugs and devices. That’s what you want to rely on?

I am personal friends with competent doctors in Houston and everyone of them question the long term effects of a BRAND new vaccine technology. These vaccines use mRNA technology not like the other vaccines that are just modified for a new strand or different virus.

They have NO idea what the long term effects will be.

Yes let’s just trust the FDA… you know the organization where after a couple years the commissioners and other heads get cushy board positions with the same companies that make these vaccines… hmm nothing concerning there.

Oh let’s not forget that the government has made these companies immune from any legal recourse regarding side effects of vaccines… geez definitely nothing fishy there.

Its not like FDA for years refused to acknowledge studies in the past that showed approved treatments/devices was harmful because big pharma paid them off to do so like:

vaginal mesh
    essure birth control
    Cobalt joint replacements

It’s not like over 33% of drugs they approve are later recalled for major
    Side effects years after being labeled safe

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/09/health/fda-approval-drug-events-study/index.html

It’s not like doctors refuse to prescribe ivermectin for Covid even though ivermectin has been around for decades and is one of the safest drugs we have. When there is plenty of data now showing it’s benefits.

I know a doctor in Houston that treats diabetic patients that basically had to turn her practice into a Covid clinic because she treated Covid correctly and couldn’t turn away all the people that came to her. She has not had one of her highly immunocompromised patients be hospitalized.

look up breathemd… a doctor that quit md Anderson because they wouldn’t let her treat her patients correctly and started a new practice who has documented the patients that left MD Anderson’s care and recovered under their care.

look up America’s front line doctors and their documented Covid results which is in stark contrast to what the CDC has mandated.

The point is that your post is beyond laughable. You act like those that question all the above are the problem on making a choice on what they put in their body. I take no vaccines under any circumstance and will not be swayed by peer presssure from the ignorant masses. People that just do what they are told and do not question anything are the victims. Ignorant assholes like you who try to intimidate and ridicule them into doing something you know jack **** about… you are the problem!

Stick to sports it better suits your IQ.

#2869 megastahr, Jul 28, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
    everyday eddie and Salvy like this.
  10. edwardc

edwardc Member

If something is going to happen i hope it is soon all this waiting is just for the birds.

11. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Some rumblings on the Urquidy and something for Mullins

12. lkrockets

lkrockets Member

My favorite post on the Astros trade thread is "I'm a businessman whose business model puts me in contact with doctors and doctors are dumb so don't get vaccinated."

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Wow. What a tongue lashing!!

14. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Kenny Lofton for Taubensee

Tomstro and IowaAstro like this.
  15. mustang98

mustang98 Member

Get back to freaking baseball already!

raining threes, Sep11ie and robbie380 like this.
  16. Landry's Tooth

Gonzo wasn't. I doubt Finley. Obviously cammy admitted it... i think nevin is still on them judging by his personality.

The Tigers fixed the hole in Gonzo's swing and turned it into a homerun swing.

His hole was in and on the hands. He couldn't open up in time to catch up. You'll see the power numbers picked up for him after Detroit. He did spike for one year but he roughly a .900 ops 2 more years after and before that.

Finley was mostly a doubles hitter. His 5 best home run years happened at the ages of 31, 32, 34, 35, and 39. Again, not really a spike. The main thing there were the 35 games in Dodgers stadium at age 39 where he hit 11 out. His homerun rate without those 35 games would have put him on pace for 31 away from Dodger stadium for the full season... so kind of fluky... must have gotten some of that famous Dodger stadium help back then...

Nook likes this.
  17. the shark

the shark Member

Ever hear of a Hall of Famer by the name of Joe Morgan?

raining threes likes this.
  18. megastahr

never said any of them said to or dont get vaccinated… idiot. Engaging with you isn’t worth the time judging by your reading comprehension skills…

But all of them are pro vaccine in general and only handful decided not to take the Covid vaccine as hospitals require it…

They just respect their patients decisions on not taking a vaccine we know little about in order to combat a disease that has a kill rate less than the flu.

19. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Gonzo definitely ****ing was

20. megastahr

Sorry ignored as long as I could can’t stand people talking down on people like that when they don’t have any clue what they are talking about. But I’ll move on