1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari & TyTy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Jul 2, 2022.

1. ball king23

ball king23 Member

I like the point guard ty ty Washington game balance he showed in limited mins he can play but still needs to be out nix for that backup spot this should be a good match up come preseason to see who takes it

2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I disagree. I watched every summer league game tyty outplayed Nix. Nix is a better iso scorer (maybe) but he is not an nba level pure point gaurd. Tyty is. You are probably right that nix will get the back up minutes to start the year, but it’s a mistake.

And I don’t get the G-league experience angle. Nothing is better experience than nba minutes. Tyty is not some raw prospect who would be so lost at the nba level that it wouldn’t be beneficial. It’s the opposite, he’s polished. He’s ready for spot minutes

3. i3artow i3aller

4. i3artow i3aller

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Unpopular opinion incoming:

I like Tyty ..... but the more I watch him, the more I wonder if he's explosive enough.

He's got the size and I really like what's between the ears ..... but I just don't see the quick twitch athleticism of an NBA guard.

I really think that's why he fell so far in the draft, that lack of athleticism limits the upside.

Hopefully he's one of those guys who's game is more than an athlete.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

TyTy will be living in the Valley this year playing for the Vipers.

And no, he is not explosive enough at all, he is an average athlete.

DD

RocketOrg likes this.
  7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Washington hits the catch and shoot. He has an elite finishing move (floater) That compensates for this lack of explosion. An NBA regimen will up his athletic ability. He is an effective passer and plays well throughout the pick and roll.

The argument that I am making is that if he was an explosive athlete he would have been a top 5 pick.

Maybe he plays a lot of G League this year but I bet he plays a lot of NBA the next decade.

8. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Seeing that he's not a big guard and lacks explosiveness and athleticism, I think his ceilings is low. He also had a lot on of silly turnovers in preseason.

I would love to be wrong, but at this point Washington has a long way to go before he can become a starting PG or even crack a rotation in the NBA. Again, I'd love to be wrong here.

9. i3artow i3aller

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's a very fair criticism.

That said, Sam I Am was the same way. Chauncey Billups too, etc. There is a path there If the skillset follows.

Also, he is surprisingly big and defends bigger than he is.

DreamShook, Corrosion and Easy like this.