1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2022-23

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

To Houston
    Myles Turner
    Donovan Mitchell

To Utah
    Houston 2023 top 2 protected. Conveys to unprotected 2024 Nets pick where Nets can defer to acquire 2026 Nets pick if they want.
    Josh Christopher
    2027 FRP Hou

To Indiana
    Garuba
    Bucks pick
    KMJ

Turner/Sengun
    Smith/Eason
    Mitchell/Tate
    Green/Gordon
    KPJ/Ty

Not advocating for this but I think we'd win 48 games.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. Philosophia

Philosophia Member

If Mitchell gets traded, I would think Utah would want to part ways with Conley and his contract; initiate their tank.

Eric Gordon

for

Mike Conley
    1st Round pick

Utah gets an expiring contract. Rockets take on a contract for a first and get a valuable vet, at PG, who can help the development of Jabari, etc.

fattz, joshuaao, pmac and 2 others like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I like the idea of Mitchell, but the timing isn't right.

We are going to be bad no matter what next year, need to tank advantage of the strong draft. Trading for Mitchell now basically turns next year into a nothing year, in terms of assets, without having the opportunity to actually win, due to youth.

We need to turn next year into another top five pick.

High likelyhood we can get one of Victor Wembenyama, Derek Lively or Kael Ware, who are all amazing center prospects.

Hopefully the Mitchell drama spills over to next season and we have an opportunity to draft another top five pick, we can sign Myles Turner to man the center position, while the pick learns, and we can trade the Nets trove for Mitchell.

Mitchell / TyTy
    Green /
    Eason / Tate /
    JSJ / Sengun
    Turner / (Wemby / Lively / Ware)

That's a team I think can be really really good over the next 5 years.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes to Turner.

No to Mitchell.

Send Spida to Pacers.

arabrocket likes this.
  6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Would we do Conley and a pick for Gordon and fillers?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

Utah is going to get offers of 4 firsts if Gobert got them that...

8. Landry's Tooth

To Sixers
    Gordon
    Beverley
    Nwaba
    Martin Jr

To Jazz
    Thybulle
    Marjanovic
    Burke
    S Brown

To Rockets
    T Harris
    2 #1s from Philly

Sixers get 2 more of the gang back together and young replacement for Harris at cost of Thybulle, 2 firsts, and the negative Harris contract.

Jazz convert Beverley into Thybulle; which makes more sense in their spot.

Rockets punt a year on the cap space to pickup 2 lightly protected firsts from a team built on Harden and an injury prone Embiid... Harris starts next to Jabari and then possibly flipped as an expiring in a year or let go for cap space a year later.

xaos likes this.
  9. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm not against the idea of punting a year on cap space but you have to factor in rookie extensions into that mix to extract maximum value out of the cap.
    Essentially you need to spend your cap space on a player a year ahead of Green's extension or you will lose a significant portion of that ability to exceed the cap - Or in this case be in a situation where you must dump Harris contract in the final year to make that move. (you won't be able to use cap space to sign a player, it would have to happen via trade).

Essentially the way things line up cap wise, the best use of that space next offseason.
    I hope that makes sense .... its all kinda complicated. Your idea does work and gives options beyond that.

D-rock likes this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What's Conley's contract like?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. Landry's Tooth

With Tate deal done (rfa this year instead of ufa next) the only extension is KPJ which is likely but not guaranteed.

He has a small cap hold. Punting a year would reduce cap space around 10 to 15 million depending on what he gets.

With a projected 70 million right now they would be around 20 under with Harris and a year later, 60...

We likely have to trade for a star anyways so Harris with a year left isn't the worst... better to not send back salary but it's doable...

13. saleem

D-rock likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Why? It's a year longer than Eric's. And there really aren't any franchise-changing FAs on the market in 2023. Might as well push the max FA push a year back.

TheJuice likes this.
  15. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I like it. Although if they're blowing it up they likely have the same thought process we do and prefer to lose cap space in exchange for keeping more picks.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. saleem

I think Stone should re-sign Augustin on a cheap contract. Conley is better than him, I admit, but he will take up too many minutes from KPJ, TyTy and Nix. I don't want to move KPJ to the 3, nor do I want to trade him.

17. Landry's Tooth

BTW, Philly may want to do the deal because by renouncing their free agents in a year (Gordon, Beverley) they would be about 20 million under the cap which gets them in the neighborhood of moving a piece or two for a major free agent before a Maxey extension kicks in...

TheJuice likes this.
  18. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

I like your thinking, I think the Spurs should send out a bit more--future first or 2 2nds to Suns.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm all for being a 3rd wheel to help move Ayton .... but I think the Spurs are the wrong team here. They don't want Ayton on their cap any more than we do as they are obviously tanking it up.

Need to find another team to route Ayton to ....

D-rock likes this.
  20. saleem

Mitchell will impede Jalen's progress. He doesn't play defense. We don't need him or his big contract. He's not a PG.