1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Thunder @ Rockets - Vegas Summer League 7/9/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 8, 2022.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The great Gatsby err Giddey got embarrassed by a rookie! Well done Jabari!

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think you can see what Higgins is referring to in the first tweet below beginning at the 1:20 mark of the second tweet below it. It was one of my favorites of the game. Gotta give Trhae Mitchell and Lamb credit for hustling, too. Trhae started it by causing the fumbled ball and then went to the ground to try to recover it, too. #RGVVipers

#1562 Dr of Dunk, Jul 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2022
    slothy420, Tfor3, D-rock and 13 others like this.
  3. saleem

I want to see more of Holman too. I think he may be worth a two way contract on the Rockets.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Christopher showed decent court vision and passing chops last season. I wouldn’t put much stock into the tape this summer league. Perhaps playing with his buddy Jalen makes him more liable to give it up. In any case, we are not giving up on him this early.

5. Iknako

Iknako Member

Tari bari alpi it's gonna be so fun woohoo

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Sorry we didn't know he was a troll. But we make a point to let anyone that wants to enter the arena speak. But that take that bari needed to go to the gleague to work on his shoot was hilarious lol

tehG l i d e and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Too bad half the people on this board already made up their mind that we have terrible coaches after the last game.

Tfor3, hakeem94 and j@amc like this.
  9. saleem

Hudgins is smart. He knows how to utilize his strengths.

Believe It!, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  10. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ok my takes from the game.

- first n foremost coaching was alot better
    -Jabari smith
    my god is gonna be a stud, it's so much I can say about him. I loved his defense this game, dude has text book defensive form. I was really surprised by his passing this game n loved his aggressiveness. That was the perfect shot diet. Those shots will fall. I've never seen misses look this good. Other then a couple misses late they all just softy bounced off the rim. I liked how he started to get it deeper in the paint(something to watch)

-Tari Eason
    Dude is a demon on defense. Some anime type ****. I saw his head on a swivel processing a 100 things on the fly. I want Beauchamp more over him due to roster diversity by my lord he becoming a fav. Ball of energy. Tate days at stater are numbered. He doesn't back down. N in a good way thinks he the best player on the court. His rebounding alone has to have him starting

-tyty Washington
    He better not go down to the gleague. He the best point guard on this team. I said what I said

-number 35 lol
    Stone should of signed him Immediately after he Posterized chet

-jaygup
    Man he needs to hang his hat on defense. Being a scoring only guard will have him off the team one day. He isn't good enough at thst. He needs to be more pat bev

-nix
    I'm super low on him. He played better but 2 years away to me. He still doesn't know how to use his body for scoring

Lamb
    Why isn't he cut it

joshuaao, zeeshan2, D-rock and 11 others like this.
  11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh and Jabari viability at the 5 is increasing by the day. His frame is perfect to add as much muscle as he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a giannis like transformation

12. saleem

A good post. Jabari is a solid versatile defender. Tari might explode into a reliable two way player after a year. Jaygup played good defense in the regular season. I'm not worried about that. He's a talented 2 guard who does need to pass more. TyTy can become a good backup PG. Lamb is the cat with nine lives. He shouldn't be on the team. Europe might be better for him.

jcmoon likes this.
  13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

I disagree on jaygup. His man to man defense was fine. His off ball defense was horrible he lost his man alot on off ball cuts. So as a whole he is not a good defender to me. He can be if he focused on it. But clearly ue thinks his path to nba mins is scoring

14. HP3

HP3 Member

So how did the game go, someone give me the low down.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. Jabari and Chet need to go to the G-League to build their confidence and Wood's great defense... I almost thought I should've just shut it down at that point. :D

mike2k132 likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

We won. Tari was like Corey Brewer on steroids out there with this hustle and got another double-double. TyTy played pretty well. Daishen started out horrible but kind of settled down and had an ok game. Jabari had an awful shooting night but his defense was stellar. Or taking some liberties/changing the words of what a great hip-hop group once said "he be to D what key be to lock". He and Tari contained Chet fairly well even though Chet blocked the crap out of Tari once or twice. Josh is still showing some tunnel vision, but it wasn't as bad as the first game.

For me, the best part about the game was Jabari having a horrid shooting night, but he was still locked in on defense. It's like he didn't let it get him down and he wasn't completely useless simply because he wasn't getting buckets.

slothy420, D-rock, HP3 and 7 others like this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

On the low down, Giddey was about as down under as it could get

The game wasn't fun at all, another DNP for EG

HP3 and glimmertwins like this.
  18. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I think as long as KPJ isn’t our 6th man or we draft someone for the Ginobili role, that will be Christopher for us. Scoring plug of the bench that brings energy and excitement. And in that role he will play 30 minutes a night alternating between the 1-3 positions.

19. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Jabari is going to hit shots. He will settle down offensively. The main thing is, his defensive motor is real. He is going to be a guy we can count on to make the right play at the right time. That skill set isn’t going to translate in summer league, but it will translate at the nba level, for sure.

joshuaao, zeeshan2, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Lol