1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Durant requests a trade out of Brooklyn!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spooner, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Please don’t get D-rock started.

cheke64 and jiggyfly like this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm wondering what any team might give up for an obviously declining Durant on a 4 year deal (His extension doesn't kick in until next year).

It also takes $35,295,876 in outgoing salary to match his $44,119,845 cap figure for this year.

Looking at his preferred destinations of Miami & PHX ....

That's Lowry & Herro plus another ~$2m in guaranteed money (Strus or Yurtseven).

Maybe PHX has an easier time matching with a S&T of Ayton to Brooklyn where Ayton can earn up to ~$31m combined with one of Torrey Craig or Cameron Johnson to make the money work.

Question is, are these teams willing to sell their souls for an opportunity at a championship in the next 2 years?
    And are they willing to give up that kind of talent to take on 4 years of Durant who's going to have to be load managed. He's played only 0, 35 & 55 games the past 3 seasons.
    The Nets rode him hard just to make the playoffs where they were swept by the Celtics with Durant shooting only 38% from the floor and 33% from 3 in 44 minutes per.

That contract can easily be just as toxic, if not worse than John Wall's was for us and Westbrook is currently for the Lakers.

$44,119,845
    $47,649,433
    $51,190,021
    $54,708,608

I can't see a team giving up $35m in contracts plus a load of draft picks .... This isn't Durant the MVP. They aren't getting a Harden haul in return.

#402 Corrosion, Jul 1, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    saleem and Aruba77 like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

There's actually folks out there still advocating for Ben Simmons

[​IMG]

4. stab

stab Member

Charles Barkley is gonna have a field day with this one. Completely justified

saleem and txtodd like this.
  5. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Pheonix is more or less almost passed their window with CP3 getting way up there in age. Switching Durant for Ayton would probably give them the best shot at winning a championship in the near future. So if I were Pheonix I would jump on that trade. But I doubt that the Nets would go for just Ayton - and adding too many players would significantly reduce their chance at a championship and adding too many picks would mean, that they are done in a couple of years without the hope of being relevant again in the near future.

But overall a trade Durant - Ayton (plus whatever) seems to make the most sense for both teams.

saleem likes this.
  6. Milos

Milos Member

I think he's saying Durant is VERY thin-skinned
    &
    CP3 is VERY demanding as a teammate
    I agree on both counts
    Makes for a combustible mix

jiggyfly likes this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think this is the deal that ultimately gets done. Phoenix takes their shot, but will have to give up some picks. Kyrie will be gone too so the Nets look to be pretty bad next year with Simmons, Ayton, Mills and a bunch of guys trying to compete. Unfortunately, they won’t be top 5 bad, but certainly could be a lottery pick. Not sure that will help us next year. Let’s see what they get for Kyrie.

saleem likes this.
  8. Milos

Milos Member

When has Durant been linked directly to the Lakers at all?
    This is all just media click-baiting

Kyrie for Westbrook is the only LAL-BKN connection that makes any sense
    Guarantee you Durant will not be a Laker

9. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

KD is very insecure. GSW just proved they can win without him. Now he's trying to win one without GSW. He's definitely not going LAL. It's a mess there. Kyrie wants to united with his ex. But LAL can't find anyone to take Westbrook without including 1st round pick.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

Well Kyrie easily could have by declining his option and walking over and signing with LAL outright as a UFA. so it's on him if he really wanted to reunite with his ex

Milos and saleem like this.
  11. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

What am I missing in the Kyrie-Westbrook trade? Why would the Nets do that? Westbrook should be pretty close to being an untradeable contract - at least the Lakers would need to sweeten the deal somehow just to get rid of him. Kyrie is a headcase and unpredictable, but on the court he is without a doubt the way better and more valuable player right now. He should net at least 2 first round picks or one pick and one really promising young guy - without taking on a bad contract. And do the Lakers even have any picks left that they could trade?

Milos likes this.
  12. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

this is a non rockets related news!

13. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This sure as hell is Rockets related news.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

You can't be serious.

15. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

I hope the Nets trade him to OKC out of spite.

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Does Simmons even play basketball anymore?

cheke64, luckyman76 and saleem like this.
  17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm sure he won't either. The media is trying to drive this up, based on KD's perceived desire to be traded to the Lakers.

18. xaos

xaos Member

Me too :D

joshuaao and saleem like this.
  19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yeah, it's unbelievable.

luckyman76 and Reeko like this.
  20. TheJuice

TheJuice Member

if Im Brooklyn, I'm requesting a disabled player exception.

luckyman76 and Corrosion like this.