1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets reach buyout agreement with John Wall

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 27, 2022.

1. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Wall had no trade value, no one wanted that contract
    And, we don't have to take back any washed up players

ArtV likes this.
  2. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

We'd be set if we had two franchise cornerstones like Isaiah Hartenstein and Josh Christopher.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Exactly the response I expected. Thanks, @Williamson, you made my day. :cool:

4. VoR

VoR Member

Crane didn't have any buyouts, but I didn't like how he did Springer.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  5. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

And another one.

6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Good one.

Now name everything Tilman did the second he took over a 65 win team who was a hamstring away from beating the greatest basketball team ever assembled.

I think you've lost the right to comment further.

34to11 and clos4life like this.
  7. Landry's Tooth

He appeased his superstar at the request of his front office.

Is there more?

Nice try...

You complain about him spending money and when it's pointed out he increased spending you switch subject to the moves the gm made.

You're not very good at this. You can criticize TF but do it based on something he actually did and not something you're imagining...

8. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Your attempt at ignoring the actual truth is commendable, albeit embarrassing.

I especially LOVE your last line, as it makes it all the more embarrassing on your end.

Here's what Tilman did - got rid of Chris Paul because he hated the idea of paying him that much money.

Replaced Ariza because he hated the idea of paying him that much money, and thought he was so smart he could replace him with parts from the dollar store.

That's just two things off the top of my head that he did shortly after inheriting a 65 win team that was an injury away from defeating the greatest team of all time. Here's a super quick news flash for you, in just a handful of very short years he's taken that team and lead them to the worst record in back to back seasons.

You know how we got here? Let me break it down for you some more BASED ON SOMETHING HE ACTUALLY DID.

Was such a pathetic owner, the GM couldn't get out from under him fast enough.

Was such a pathetic owner, the CEO couldn't get out from under him fast enough.

Was such a pathetic owner, the Coach couldn't get out from under him fast enough.

Was such a pathetic owner, who dismantled a title contending team and in turn began wasting the final years of Harden's prime, was the one thing that turned a ride of die for Houston MVP, into someone who couldn't get out from Houston fast enough.

Your stupidity is a 3 strikes and your out thing. You being defensive this much of someone by trying to hide the actual truth, makes me wonder whether you're one of those pretentious sons of his. Your stupidity that's on full display makes me seriously question whether you are because it would fit right in with Tilman.

clos4life and lnchan like this.
  9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Happy for Wall, hope he succeeds with the Clippers. I wish he signed with the Pelicans as I think that would have been a better fit and would have rounded out a good starting lineup alongside CJ, BI, Zion, and Jonas. I think he'll show he still has something in the tank this season and surprise a lot of people.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

There are some people who indulge in hyperbole by saying Green will be the next Jordan or the next Kobe. I'm not among them. We don't need Jalen to reach those lofty goals in order to succeed.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's fair, and I agree. My point was that if we believe that Jalen Green is a potential superstar caliber player....and we believe in the other young talent on the team, then the team should be able to win AT LEAST 30 games.

I get that they will be super young, so I'm not saying they should win 50 games, but we need to see significant improvement over a team that was intentionally tanking.

From a talent perspective alone a team with Green, KPJ, Sengun, and Smith should be better than a lot of other NBA teams. If they aren't, perhaps we were incorrect about just how talented they are.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

How did he do Springer? Other than holding him up 6 months in the minors such that Astros would have more shots at a World Series with Correa and Springer, what did Crane do to Springer? I personally enjoyed the World Series Championship. I don't begrudge Springer for wanting out considering the atmosphere around Astros when he left.

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think they can win 30 games perhaps 32-34 at best. We still need more rim protection, but this is likely to be the team we are going to have in the season. It takes time for individual talented players to gel together. I'm hopeful that they will play well as a team, but they are young and they will make mistakes too.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

With Sengun and Smith, rim protection shouldn't be too much of a problem. It's possible Eason gets some time too which would help with that as well.

I think the current roster is a playoff team in 2 years.

15. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I agree with most of what you are saying, but i'm not so sure our young talent, RIGHT NOW, "should be better than a lot of other NBA teams" just yet. I still think a team of veteran NBA players, not quite as talented, could beat us. The west will be a tough conference again this year (LAL, POR, LAC, and NOLA will all be better) . These guys will need experience playing together. I do like that we have moved Wood so he is not out there going for his every trip down. Jabari will probably need a season to get up to NBA level speed, but he should be able to hit a good percentage of the open looks he should be getting. So adding another 10 wins from last year? If we add a good rim protecting backup C in FA, I will say they can achieve that goal. Either way, I like the direction we are headed in with these young guys.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

The error is finally over (thanks @J.R.).

Godspeed, Tank Commander. Thank you for your service.

[​IMG]

ArtV, J.R., clos4life and 1 other person like this.
  17. Landry's Tooth

So he replaced Paul with someone who had a bigger contract and that is being cheap?

Thank you for pointing out Ariza who has done nothing in the nba since leaving... smart move to walk away from him at the time, i agree...

The GM couldn't get out from under him fast enough? The same GM he continued to pay while working for someone else? My gosh, how cheap of him to pay 2 gms....

Just admit he fathered your child or something because you are just making completely irrational points that just disprove yourself...

Ariza? Lmao you wanted TF to resign him so you could complain about TF resigning him...

Just silly... I'd block you now but it's too funny...

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Tilfart Fertits is worse than Le$$ ever was, and that's saying something. Only good thing so far is he screwed up so bad he realized he needed to let FO do their thing and he hired Stone to do the job.

19. VoR

VoR Member

Springer was ready for the majors about a year before they brought him up. They also moved him from CF to RF for no reason other than decreasing his potential FA and arbitration compensation. It's likely a big reason why he had no interest staying with the organization. It's one of the awful things about MLB that the player's union is working on.

20. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

I agree with you. My point is that getting the best player in the draft (according to the analyst opinion) with the third overall pick is close to perfection.
    The Rockets have one of the most promising rosters in the entire league. When you are in the reconstruction stage, nothing is certain, but with the talent that we have incorporated, the chances of success have increased.
    The future is infinitely brighter than it was two years ago.

DrNuegebauer likes this.