1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] Ms Marvel (Disney+)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

Go watch the new The Boys, or Kids in the Hall

I'll say that, @Jontro's comment aside, yall's reviews are making me want to watch this.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Beezy

Beezy Member

Practical camera tricks like this are more interesting to watch than endless CGI backgrounds.

Jontro likes this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Actress is adorable

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Jontro likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She has a fat face and is non-fapable.

right @Entropy?

Xerobull likes this.
  6. conquistador#11

Bend it like Beckham vibes through the first episode, then again all brown people have to deal with parents wanting to ban us from our first comix fair with Frank Miller being in town!

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

After the first episode, I thought it was well made and overall pretty good for what it is. The story seems pretty tight and less of a mess than Kenobi. That being said, it is clearly targeted towards teenagers so I'm not the target demo and probably won't finish the series anytime soon.

Invisible Fan and Xerobull like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I found it juvenile lol it is good that I dun understand what ghey truly is.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I had zero interest in watching this series. After reading the comments here, I decided to give it a shot. My boys and I just watched it, and really enjoyed it. Hope the rest of the series is as fun the first episode.

jiggyfly and Beezy like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It's getting destroyed on the reviews on IMDB

Jontro likes this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think thats a product of a collation of people manipulating the scoring and flooding the reviews because of the nature of this show which is just staying true to the basis of the comics. Also alot of people are just ignorant and don’t realize that this is not a reboot of the captain marvel character by any stretch. People are stupid… go figure…. But alot of this is just internet manipulation.

It’s nonsense but people do the same thing via yelp if a restaurant takes a bad political stance too so with IMDb, yelp, rotten tom, etc. that’s just the nature of the game.

After one episode of anything organically there’s no way to have consensus ratings regardless.

My opinion isnt superseding IMDB or anything but I will say I was going in expecting a Disney teen show at the quality level of Descendants (I have a 7 year old girl who loves that crap) and what I saw in. Ep 1 was more on par quality wise to Spider-Man Homecoming IMO. Not as funny or action packed but similar quality of film making and acting.

While I don’t expect this show to be anywhere close to Endgame or even Loki, there’s just no evidence to suggest yet that it’s a 1 star show. The show should also get credit for not being deceptive to the normal MCU fandom and actually marketing this as a show more for kids.

#71 dobro1229, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's not that bad for what it is so far. The trailer didn't mislead what audience it would appeal to. I mean it's a big teen commercia/funnel for superheroes but only the first episode.

P.S. how do you undo being sterile?

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Expected to dislike it. Watched with family and we laughed a lot. Will continue to watch.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

I didn't think it was bad. I didn't like that they changed her powerset for no reason (and her powers looked pretty bad) but the show overall was fine after one episode. Very teen oriented (overbearing parents, sneaking out, will they or won't they kiss with the boy best friend, etc.) I liked Hawkeye more, but I'll watch this.

15. Salvy

Salvy Member

How woke is this? I only watch woke media.... Is she trans or gay? Are they talking about systemic racism at all?

Jontro likes this.
  16. Entropy

Entropy Member

Yes she has a fat face.

#76 Entropy, Jun 11, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That was awesome. lol. The part where she says "you have to let me go" kind of cracked me up. So simple and corny, but funny. :D

mikol13 likes this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's so woke they wont even label anyone trans or gay, that'd be putting them into a box. Everything is FLUID

Salvy likes this.
  19. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I watched the first episode yesterday, I was just going to skip this one, but it was better than expected. I really enjoyed the directors style and the cast is likable.....

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew