1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Blame rap music? :Son of DJ Quik arrested for murder:update: lives of middle and rich class Blacks

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 29, 2022.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

At the beginning of this thread I said Quick's son didn't come from a broken home most likely as Quick seems to be doing well

Plenty of single mothers of all races do well. Black women have always carried us. Broken homes are homes that provide direction or life skills that are traditionally home taught

2. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

And how would you like those reported on?

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My point is correct, Dre has 6 kids and Quik as 2 kids.

I admit I didn't research all their kids because none of them have been in the headlines for MURDER

4. Lil Pun

Murder nor the number of kids each had was not your initial points, it was that all their children were doing well.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

The kids of
    A:
    Dre
    Ice Cube
    Snoop

vs

B:Quik

Which kids are doing well?

A:

6. Lil Pun

Not your original statement lmao

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Jay Z's kids vs Quik's kids

winner: Jay Z's kids

8. Lil Pun

That's not what your initial statement said.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

You can try to make technicalities if you want

Michael Jordan travels

10. Lil Pun

Again, I called out your original statement for being false. You then changed the narrative yet I'm the one making technicalities. Lmao

Here's the thing, I know moving to a higher class neighborhood increases the likelihood of child success, doesn't make it zero but it clearly is better. It was just as clear that you didn't research the things you posted and I called it out.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

All I care is the 99ers are educating this section of the board of the real hip hop of the 90s

I stand by Dr Dre
    like I'm Snoop Dogg

His kids are better than Quik's kids

12. Lil Pun

Better is subjective

13. tinman

Supporting Member

99ers are better than everybody
    this is not subjective

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

This is a situation in which conservatives, regardless of their motivation, were correct about in a lot of cases. I'm not anti government help. It's not the government's fault that welfare has diminished the value we put on family.

It's not about having to keep an unwanting father. Baby daddy not wanting to be there isn’t a good situation That being said we have lost sight of what the government can't provide, a day to day lesson teaching parent from baby's first day.

Then when 4 and 5 year old's are behind day 1 of school in their life, us educated negroes want to blame the public school system and instructional racism and blah blah ****ing blah

Edit: its not fatherhood, it's lack of structure magnified by teaching kids bad lessons. Single mom improving and learning in her life is a blessing for a kid, the opposite is a curse

#154 pgabriel, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Lil Pun

Regarding my previous post. Don't be insulted by the "educated negroes " that's a deep rooted criticism but a commentary on our situation. Because we learned things from Whites because we were slaved doesn't make Western Civilization bad. We as blacks have a hard time accepting the blessing of being American and sometimes lash out at everything American.

Slavery doesn't make the advantages that Ameeica has held bad. I'm not saying Slavery was good, but it doesn't make America bad. Our conflicting our history with America as a whole causes us to be critical when people say basic **** like a child needs a good home in response to our lack of two parent homes.

It's one to relate everything we are struggling with like family structure to our history, it's another to ignore the problem because we have to tell ourselves Black folks are never wrong and every problem is racism

Secondly homes are like people. Some good some bad, most average. Too many bad homes in our community

#155 pgabriel, Jun 7, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

@Lil Pun

will smith’s kids
    You can debate if they are mentally sane
    But none of them are in jail for murder

I mean parents just
    Don’t
    Understand
    @Os Trigonum @pgabriel

17. Lil Pun

What exactly are conservatives right on in this instance?
    Are levels still higher than their counterparts, yes they are but they are in decline overall.

This is the exact situation I am talking about when saying we cannot ignore the past. You say 4/5 year olds are behind their life the first day of school? Why is that? Where does learning initially begin? That's right, in the home. It is a well known fact that if the parents are uneducated then the children are likely to be uneducated. It was illegal to educate slaves. After slavery ended, separate but equal schools provided "inherently unequal education" to black people. My paternal grandmother knew a former slave and my mother went to a segregated school during elementary school in Arkansas. These historical events aren't as far back as people would like to think and still have effects to this day even if they have been eliminated.

Things are improving though, black education seems to be increasing too, again not as greatly as the counterparts but still heading in the right direction.

I think overall, black people are heading in the right direction and, as I have said, there are multiple facets affecting that pathway and there is nothing wrong with looking at all facets in that regard.

pgabriel likes this.
  18. Lil Pun

I'm rarely insulted or offended by anything. I don't think America is bad per se but it can use some work but what nation can't?

I don't think slavery was good and I don't think the institution of it makes America inherently bad either but it has caused ripple effects with some of its citizens. Is it the only thing? No, and I have been clear on that but I don't think you can ignore the effects it and things that came after it has had either.

I think I have been very clear on this, racism is not the only problem but it is one of them. Addressing it doesn't mean just government intervention either, that seems to be a common theme here. Society has to take a stand on a larger scale. Unfortunately, that backfires too and you end up with situations that I previously mentioned. Overall, it is complex and isn't as simplistic as some would like to believe.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

@Lil Pun
    Eminem’s kids aren’t in jail
    That dude was shady

Slim

shady

20. tinman

Supporting Member

@Lil Pun