1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uvalde cops

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by LosPollosHermanos, May 26, 2022.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I honestly wish the cops had said "screw it" and did their job/followed protocol/training they had, those parents who lost their children are going to be wondering "what if" the rest of their lives.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Dude. As I posted before and has been posted countless times by every organization that is not proper protocol.

they didn’t follow procedure which as you recall was not to continue to wait in this instance

they were wrong from the get go

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

A Texas mother of two students at Robb Elementary School pushed past a police line and jumped a fence, rescuing her two children during Tuesday's mass shooting in Uvalde, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Angeli Rose Gomez, a farm supervisor working nearby who has children in second and third grade at Robb, told the Journal that she drove 40 miles to the school when she heard about the shooting, only to see an apparent lack of response from law enforcement as the gunman barricaded himself in a classroom.

"The police were doing nothing," Gomez told The Journal. "They were just standing outside the fence. They weren't going in there or running anywhere."

Chilling reports have emerged of parents pushing past law enforcement to rescue their children by any means, their efforts growing increasingly dire as the gunman remained in the school. Law enforcement officials have given conflicting accounts of what was happening during the 40 minutes the gunman was inside – as groups of police remained outside.

According to The Journal, Gomez was put in handcuffs by federal marshals for "intervening in an active crime scene," as she and other parents demanded officers enter the school. Gomez persuaded Uvalde law enforcement officers to release her, and she moved away from the crowd.

Gomez then hopped the school fence, sprinted inside the school to grab her children and made it out of the school with them alive.

Another parent was pepper-sprayed as he attempted to get into the school, and a father was tackled by authorities, Gomez told The Journal.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Come on small town cops, understaffed, probably the only type of job they could get - expectations are low here.

DD

Blatz likes this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Well those cops made sure they were safe .....for now ,

I have a feeling one of those parents is gonna want revenge and will take matters into their own hands

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

In the small town I'm in we have a couple of constables who I'm not sure if they passed away due to old age or just napping in their SUVs at times.

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well it’s sad and wrong that you think it is. It's attaching a paranoid narrative to a horrific tragedy.

It appears the cops and the school royally screwed up and should be held accountable/

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

here we go again…

as usual, the signs were there, and were ignored

Salvador Ramos told girls he would rape them, showed off a rifle he bought, and threatened to shoot up schools in livestreams on the social media app Yubo, according to several users who witnessed the threats in recent weeks.

But those users -- all teens -- told CNN that they didn't take him seriously until they saw the news that Ramos had gunned down 19 children and two adults at an elementary school in Uvalde, Texas, this week.

Three users said they witnessed Ramos threaten to commit sexual violence or carry out school shootings on Yubo, an app that is used by tens of millions of young people around the world.

The users all said they reported Ramos' account to Yubo over the threats. But it appeared, they said, that Ramos was able to maintain a presence on the platform. CNN reviewed one Yubo direct message in which Ramos allegedly sent a user the $2,000 receipt for his online gun purchase from a Georgia-based firearm manufacturer.

"Guns are boring," the user responded. "No," Ramos apparently replied.

In a statement to CNN, a Yubo spokesperson said "we are deeply saddened by this unspeakable loss and are fully cooperating with law enforcement on their investigation." Yubo takes user safety seriously and is "investigating an account that has since been banned from the platform," the spokesperson said, but declined to release any specific information about Ramos' account.

Use of Yubo skyrocketed during the coronavirus pandemic, as teens trapped indoors turned to the app for a semblance of in-person interactions. The company says it has 60 million users around the world -- 99% of whom are 25 and younger -- and has trumpeted safety features including "second-by-second" monitoring of livestreams using artificial intelligence and human moderators.

How in this day and age can u still not take somebody seriously when they say they’re gonna shoot up a school? Especially when other posts are talking about rape?

I don’t give a damn if you’re some scrawny 100 lb nerd or some kid who looks harmless, the minute u threaten a school shooting it should be “Hello? FBI? Yeah, I’d like to report someone.”

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

people don’t just wake up and commit mass murder out the blue

there are always signs whether it’s statements, online posts, or suspicious patterns of behavior

How many times are these gonna get ignored and overlooked?

these are the types we have buying AR-15’s for their 18th birthday

jiggyfly and ElPigto like this.
  10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Didn’t follow protocol… Who else is wondering if those ISD cops made a business decision.

Yeah, I know it’s easy for me to sit here in my comfy house questioning their decisions. But they signed up to serve and protect, right?

someone else said it. As if this couldn’t get worse for the parents who lost their beautiful children, now they get to hear that the cops sat it out.

jiggyfly and DonnyMost like this.
  12. DaDakota

This is the calculus that we need to make as a society, if that is going to happen and it ****ING IS....then we need to remove guns.

DD

Rileydog likes this.
  13. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This is yet another price that people who support republicans have to pay … they’re supporting a holes who refuse to even attempt to enact common sense gun legislation.

guns/mass shootings
    MAGA
    Q anon
    Ignorance
    Pedophelia
    Anti education, anti science
    Anti facts
    White supremacy/nationalism
    Replacement theory

It is a hideous list.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I know you are a smart gentleman but this post is disrespectful. Would you say this to your right leaning friends outside of the internet?

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This guy was so frustrating to listen to.

jiggyfly and CCity Zero like this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

That was a CYA attempt that failed and extremely disappointing to watch, some of the cops are going to continue to try and save face no matter how wrong they continue to be. I'm just glad we're getting the actual events out there sooner vs way later.

I also think it's nice to see this as a top comment: "I was in the Army and we did a lot of room clearing training. It was scary af because you never knew what could be behind that door so I understand the risk. But guess what, we still ****ing did it to complete the mission. These cowards cannot sit there and tell these parents that “we could’ve died” when their children were dying. Just like the military, the danger comes with the job. So get your ass in there. RIP to those brave kids and teachers. Truly heartbreaking. "

mdrowe00, ArtV and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's an active shooter situation. They are cops. Regardless of their fears and loved ones at home, they took a high risk job that requires you to potentially deal with this kind of ****. I'm not a cop for that reason, but these guys took the job for whatever reason. Not really sure how you can even defend their actions. I mean, these were kids lives at stake and these cowards waited for further instruction??? Not one brave soul remembered their training?? I get it, training also means trying to make it home, but hell, you may not make it home at all some day, that's an unfortunate part of the job you have to deal with, no?

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Let’s not forget that in 2018 the Supreme Court ruled that “To protect and serve” were just words and the police are under no obligation to protect you or serve you.

19. DaDakota

Yes...I would - they are part of the problem electing grifting officials that are screwing over our society and the populace for their own personal gain.

DD

mdrowe00, Rileydog and Andre0087 like this.
  20. RocketsDraftTV

Liberals can’t make up their minds. One minute they want to defund police, the next they want more police

mid terms gonna be huge this year