1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Care About The Buffalo Shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, May 18, 2022.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Okay. What does that have to do about people not talking about the shooting in Chicago?

Again, people have been discussing it. It has gotten plenty of attention.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Educated Negro was actually originally a slam against me because pgabs couldn't handle another black person diagnosing his main character syndrome, that he then added to his signature to I guess continue the joke

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Bet my life savings OP isn’t black.

classic white supremacy talking points.

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Pgabriel is black; he's wrong, projecting his own regrets on the rest of us and seeking attention in the most confounding way possible, but individual black men's perspectives are not an outlet or subset of your own.

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Haven't read last few pages. I feel sorrow for the families . The 86 year old's death bothers me the most.

I honestly get a lot more upset, emotional, or whatever when I see some of the senseless murder by young Black men regardless of the victim.

A man kills his wife, I don't get upset unless it's cruel . It's their business. I don't know them. In Houston there is a murder every day The white supremacy shootings used to not happe the last 40 years but I'm not gonna panic. If they start happening more will be a lot more concerned

#206 pgabriel, May 23, 2022
    Last edited: May 23, 2022
    JumpMan and tinman like this.
  7. tinman

Supporting Member

I understand your post
    And that nobody here truly cares about crime

at all

except you and me and a couple of other posters
    Here

they are just using the crime as a political blame game
    They don’t see the big picture like you

RocketsDraftTV and pgabriel like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

The last time you were speaking to us live
    These losers attacked you

9. RocktheCasbah

RocktheCasbah Member

It's just with the recent draft to consider banning Roe v Wade, the history of sterilization and use of minority women as guinea pigs for early contraceptives, faulty IUDs like Dalkon in the 70s which has since been remedied but still causes apprehension among women at present, it wouldn't surprise me to see laws written considering the sterilization of prisoners again or women that have x amount of children citing concerns over welfare budgeting or what have you, especially with the wave of alt-righ candidates vying for house and senate positions in the fall. I mean you remember Reagan touting welfare queens back in the 80s right? These same people will also call themselves Pro-Life while pushing such legislation if history is any indication, which when you're talking about surgically removing the reproductive organs of women seems anything but in my opinion, unless they make that decision for themselves and not the pressures of outside forces.

I think it better to give U.S. citizens the most amount of choices in birth control available to them and not pigeon hole women into only one type of contraceptive to appease people whose motivations to push such legislation I find questionable at best. Not to mention that condoms are not only used for birth control. They help minimize the chances of other STIs while being sexually active.

So when I see potential elected officials openly discussing a ban on things like I condoms, I'm just thinking that will cause a rise in STIs across all sexually active people, including members of the gay community, who typically have to take extra steps if they wish to procreate themselves, and catching STIs would only add more steps to the process not to mention it'd only escalate the likelihood of further public health crises, and as we've seen with how people have reacted in lieu of Covid, human beings tend not to react well as a group when facing a public health crisis.

While I do agree making access to all methods of contraception an easier thing is a good thing, making only long term contraceptives the solution is not the solution in my opinion.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

A Russian Bot took over the account.

Rocket River

Reeko likes this.
  11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The original poster may have been black
    but now. .. . . nah . . .Russian Bot
    Hacked and took the account

Rocket River

12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

0AB87FE4-E7A4-4E34-8422-CDD4FAA7695B.jpeg

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  13. tinman

Supporting Member

Fake accounts

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What regrets are you referring to. If you don't know ow me you need to stop saying that. What do you know about me?

tinman likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

They know nothing about you dude

you are too pure for these newbs

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

. . . . @pgabriel

You want to update the title to say you don't Care about Uvalde either?
    Or do you care about Uvalde because they not black people dying?

Rocket River

17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That you are an attention w****, who has been bringing up the same topic in the most absurd ways for years.

JayGoogle likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Taking the country as a whole we don't care about the Buffalo shooting, we didn't care about Sandy Hook, we didn't care about Parkland, and we don't care about Uvalde.

We will express thoughts and prayers but then do nothing to actually change. If anything we're going backwards.

This is a political problem but more than that this is cultural problem. It's a culture that is run through with fear. A culture that is run through with alienation. A culture that has fetishized violence. A culture that values short sighted thinking and often pits the perfect against the good. A culture that prizes freedom but downplays responsibility.

Until we can fundamentally change our culture there will be no political will to change anything.

19. Homey the Clown

There are indeed organizations out there on the ground that address all types of problems and are putting in work in communities across the country, but they don't get the support and resources that they need from the powers that be and the ruling class. And that's just one issue.

As far this dumbass thread on "black on black crime" is concerned: white people have been raping and murdering everyone in their path, including each other ("white on white crime"), for hundreds of years all across the globe through imperialism, colonialism, and capitalism. The system today is operating exactly how it was designed. So to the idiots in here, bring that same energy when you bring up dumb topics like this and tell the whole story.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Hundreds?