1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC Finals] (3)Golden State vs. (4)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 15, 2022.

?

(3)Golden State Warriors vs. (4)Dallas Mavericks

Poll closed May 19, 2022.
  1. Warriors in 4

5.4%
  2. Warriors in 5

16.1%
  3. Warriors in 6

39.3%
  4. Warriors in 7

8.9%
  5. Mavs in 7

14.3%
  6. Mavs in 6

12.5%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

3.6%
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This was pretty much the series. You can't lose games like this in the playoffs, GSW will always have the confidence that they can win against these guys now. Wrap this one up.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I'm not talking about KD's Warriors, that's yet another level of elite. They went 8-1 against Lebron in the Finals in back to back years. How decisive is that? Lebron James was a top 5 player of all time when this was happening.

On the Curry/Klay/Dray core, you lost Iggy and a bit of Klay's defense. They have way more championship and playoff experience than they did in 2016. They get in return for Iggy a transformed Wiggins (who is better than Klay now), Poole, Porter, Kuminga, GP 2, Moody and eventually Wiseman who is going to surprise people. Steve Kerr has learned from MDA that he was underusing the 3 given his personnel (a Kerr blunder which is the only reason those series were competitive to begin with). They rest their older guys very well in the regular season with this depth. The coach and stars ALL seem to be good at developing and motivating young players and role players.

We're talking about a core that at least know what it takes to win 72 games and none of them are 35 yet and none of them rely on athleticism. How does that help/hurt 3 guys who barely ever dunked while they dominated people? Even if they got worse, you're talking about an easy 60+ win team.

I really hate them for those years we went against them, but you can't deny the Klay/Draymond/Curry trio have ALWAYS had a historically elite kind of chemistry. It has to be the 3 of them, not 2 of them. None of them is an uber dominant scorer at the rim, which is strange because it has been historically key in the playoffs. Individually Klay and Draymond are two of the most mediocre 2nd fiddles in the history of NBA champions. The combination of the 3 is as good as any superteam trio though. You don't need much around them, and they have plenty around them.

Frankly I'm glad they will not overlap with our window. However, I would love for Green's first playoffs to be defeating an old Warriors team and ending that era. Would be a nice start to our dynasty.

#182 Mathloom, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  3. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Luka could probably avoid a sweep. Even the lesser Harden was good enough to do that.

clos4life, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Game started poorly then ended lovely

F*** Dallas Sports always

CK Johnson and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

GSW is the best frsnchise in the NBA. Crazy how they took forever underachiever Wiggins and turned him into a legit all star/mini Kawhi.

They set for the next decade lol Kuminga and co are up next.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

D*mn half time adjustments are a Mug

Rocket River

hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Kerr well and truly sucks. Green gets away with murder, or another one of his guys undercuts someone, and Kerr whines. Shameless.

HP3 and B-Bob like this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Poole is one of the worst defensive guards in the NBA, but the kid is damn good at scoring.

Houstunna and B-Bob like this.
  9. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Dallas needs better paint protection badly. I believe they will be targeting Myles Turner and Mo Bamba this offseason regardless if they win or lose this series.

Lovemachine2000, B-Bob and chadyang like this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed, GS is the best current franchise

They're basically the 90's Spurs on steroids. Spurs were always good, then one season of losing (Robinson-->Duncan) projected a positive future

Real talk though, Wiggins is the same player he's always been. He's just surrounded by better teammates.... proven-championship teammates

His FT% dropped significantly this season

He's not better, a better situation makes him appear better

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

and better fans!
    you think gsw loud home crowd atmosphere doesn't make a difference?
    it does make all the difference in the world

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

is he tho? i never saw him dunking before and now hes doing it whenever i watch....

Salvy likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Silas would try hard to make Looney into a 3 pt threat to fit him into his system!
    lololololol

chadyang likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

the way you spoke highly of him i would have thought he was a top pick, and Kevon Looney was picked no 30 overall just like Jimmy Butler...lolololol
    (hey mr statistics(@jordnnnn ) is this statistically significant or what?

but if i am Kerr i wouldn't play him so much because he cant shoot 3s and would subscribe him instead to free online 3pt shooting lessons by Dr Lucas of the Houston Rockets

15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess some form of choking

Rocket River.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

It's crazy that the Mav's played so well and got handed the loss. They have no chance. Good shooting is the trump card.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member