1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets re-sign David Nwaba (3 years, $15M)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Aug 2, 2021.

1. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Such a good contract and love the defensive identity we are building.

RudyTBag, roslolian, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

you have a point there. that would be a joy to watch. but at the end of the day, they're all assets, and in two years, we'll have a bunch of good contracts that are tradeable if our youngens don't pan out.

but you're right,if he reaches 40 percent, it'd be hard to trade him....unless the right trade came along.

its kinda like when we got paul, gave up lou, bev, and montrez.... they were good contracts for young players. it never hurts to have those around.

D-rock, snowconeman22 and hakeem94 like this.
  3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

this is how rockets fans need to be, like NWABA...he wants to win even if Firtata orders were to lose...and 99% of cf wants to lose moar games .... SMH
    losing on purpose is not pure @tinman

xiki, clos4life, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

He was playing with one hand and was the best player on the court.

You can’t teach heart.

TriumVirate, xiki, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I just wish he would lock himself up in the gym until he masters midrange or 3pt shot

mane that would have set him up for life!

hed become an allstar AND prolonged his career cause he wouldnt relie so much on physicality required by the drives to the rim

hes easily an allstar if he masters either one of these 2

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nwaba playing on a broken wrist aint exactly gonna lead the Rox to victory my dude.

If possible I'm sure Fertita wanted to give Nwaba all the pt he could handle last year.

7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hahah of course i know, i was just picking yalls brains and seeing if you gonna fall for the empty rethorics....

same with the cp3 couldnt take paycut cause hes the president take
    and many others :D

roslolian likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

David, this is what you need to do and the same goes for every rockets player, Silas needs to insist on this if he isnt soft as he looks....

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

barely even 2 months later, we’ve got an “I’ve grown to hate” thread

[​IMG]

10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I know ya'll love this dude but he is a massive black hole on offense and is a large contributor to our TO numbers.

He also his defense is almost a liability (constantly fouling, overreaching, bad reads). I do not think he is a winning basketball player and is taking minutes away from JC.

Jontro and ashleyem like this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think when you're tanking it's not really fair to ask the vets not to work on their game. You have to develop that atmosphere that it's a development year and not a losing one. Wood brought the ball up, Theis taking some difficult shots, KPJ at PG, all the 19 year olds, etc.

A lot of them are trying things they wouldn't try in higher stakes games yet. It's good for them. Let them try even if they fail, whatever skills the vets improve this season is a big bonus for our playoff run next season.

#111 Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wish more (not necessarily all) people posted on Clutchfans like this. Claps and clasps.

CarlosGM likes this.
  13. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything here is literally the opposite of Nwaba. What games have you observed him hogging the ball, turning it over a bunch or just laying bad D?

That’s not to say he’s flawless (can’t shoot a J from any distance being the most obvious example) but your criticisms aren’t accurate.

14. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Curious… did Nwaba have dirt on Patrick Fertitta or something? I still to think day scratch my head at this utmost pointless signing.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

good player, spark off the bench, great locker room guy, $5 mil is nothing, contract very tradeable and helpful for salary matching, veteran player on a team with super young players, gives 100% effort all the time, Garry Bird got his minutes - who saw that coming?

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Is he though?? This team was the worst in the league and you’re telling me that a “good player / spark off the bench” couldn’t get playing time because of Garrison Matthews??

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  17. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Valid point but still at $5M a year, coming off the books in 2 years when we have room for 2 max (I think).. nothing to lose mind over.

18. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That was Silas’ decision. I never thought Matthews should start or play over Nwaba as a bench guy. Nwaba brings different dimensions to the game. He has shown he can defend top scorers. Only thing is he can’t shoot so he can’t stretch defenses on the perimeter. I can see why matthews plays other than 3 he can make some winning plays but his defense is such a liability. So you give some things up to get some things in return. Judgement call.

Easy likes this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i guess it depends on your concept of good ;)

when he got playing time over the past two seasons, he played well. He can’t shoot. Does other things well. He’s a hustle guy with athleticism. He may be a fringe guy, but he’s rosterable for the right team. I was happy to have him back on a small deal but he’ll be traded this offseason cause there’s obviously no minutes and he’s essentially an expiring next yr (team option).

Corrosion likes this.
  20. StrawberryJamm

Silas didn't know he could play more than 1 of Tate, KJ, and Nwaba at the same time. Those 3 are pretty close to same level imo.