1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Miami vs. (4)Philadelphia

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2022.

?

(1)Miami Heat vs. (4)Philadelphia 76ers

Poll closed May 3, 2022.
  1. Heat in 4

12.5%
  2. Heat in 5

29.7%
  3. Heat in 6

21.9%
  4. Heat in 7

4.7%
  5. Sixers in 7

10.9%
  6. Sixers in 6

17.2%
  7. Sixers in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Sixers in 4

3.1%
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Embiid's about to put up a 50 burger in game 5 as a "eff you" to the MVP voters, bet.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

@jordnnnn

LOL yo, this was Miami's best shot quality performance of the series and it was still worse than the Sixers LOL.

3. RocketsDraftTV

did you see what this heat defense did to trae young, trae literally had more turnovers than fgs

this heat defense is no joke

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

There are a lot of reasons for Philly to feel better about this series than the 2-2 record would suggest.

At this point I don’t think it would be shocking if Philly manages to win 4 straight to end this. Not what I would bet on, still feels like it’s going 7, but that’s a lot different than things were looking after game 2 with unknown Embiid.

jerryclark, Rocket River and HP3 like this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://nypost.com/2022/05/09/sixers-fan-addresses-courtside-catnap-during-playoff-game/

After he was caught slouching in his seat with his mouth wide-open, many critics had assumed he had too much to drink. But according to the sleeping fan, he was “just taking a cat nap.”

“This is unprecedented,” David Kelleher told KYW Newsradio, a local Philadelphia station. “I mean this is all over the place. Somebody said I’m officially ‘trending on Twitter.’ There has been a lot of positive feedback. Everybody is making the assumption that I had been drinking. It’s not actually accurate… I did have a drink or two, but not a lot.”

Kelleher said his court-side snooze was a result of two things — being tired after taking a flight from Atlanta to Philadelphia after a college visit with his daughter, and eating too much at a Mother’s Day brunch.

Kelleher said he is a “huge” Sixers fan, whose “great seats” are courtesy of his “partnership” with the team.

“I saw James Harden’s three-pointers in the fourth quarter, but that one moment in time, and unbeknownst to me, was captured by the whole world,” Kelleher said. “The only thing is, I saw Charles [Barkley] say that, you know, ‘The guy is drunk.’ I guess he knows Philly fans and that’s his assumption and I know Charles can play with the best of them, but that was a little disappointing. But I just fell asleep for a quick nap. I had a sales director was with me. He nudged me, I woke up and watched the rest of the game.”

DreamShook, sirjesse and B-Bob like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

There was that guy that was asleep during the run though.

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

his snores provided more noise than half the lower bowl at TC combined

8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Not a good spot for Miami in a game 5 return home. Philly upset alert tonight :eek:

10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

a safer bet would be hes gonna go down with another injury before the next round...

11. Asian Sensation

Join Date APRIL 27, 2022

Are you going to at least re-introduce yourself or nah?

Nobody joins Clutchfans in April after a 20 win season and starts posting in the NBA Dish as if they’re a regular. Is that you @HardenVolumeOne? If not who burner is this? The chances of this being a completely new poster for the first time are zero to none.

hakeem94 and Rocket River like this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lowry said following Game 4 that “the goal is to be out there” for Game 5. But the belief is he may now be forced to miss the second-round rest of the series as the Heat takes a cautious approach with the injury, according to a league source.

#1232 J.R., May 10, 2022
    Last edited: May 10, 2022
    hakeem94 likes this.
  13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he was just an overall 24th pick so i dont think the heat will miss him...they have Bricktor Loladipo, A TOP PICK to replace his production...

14. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

I feel like calling Kyle Lowry a star today stretches that word beyond its breaking point.

jerryclark, B-Bob, hakeem94 and 3 others like this.
  15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Heat are better without this version of Lowry anyway. Sixers are disappointed with that news.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Huge game 5 for both teams, but more so for the Heat. I think it's over for them if they lose tonight, whereas if the sixers lose I still see this going 7.

Lowry being out hurts, but not much since he's more a liability with his injuries right now. Miami needs Strus and the others to start hitting their 3's or play Duncan Robinson.

Philly needs either Harris, Maxey or Harden to have a big game. I expect Embiid to have a good game and enormous impact even if the stats don't quite show it.

Os Trigonum and B-Bob like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Lowry really flopped his way into another injury

Heat went 14-65 from three the past 2 games

if Duncan Robinson still can’t get any PT, then he must have done something really foul

he scored 27 points in game 1 against Atlanta, and was pretty much banished to spot minutes from there…now he’s not even in the rotation while getting paid 90 mil

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

B-Bob and hakeem94 like this.
  19. Asian Sensation

20. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

https://awfulannouncing.com/nba/sha...g-backstage-tnt-wizards-sixers-broadcast.html

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.