1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman Fertitta: Rockets expect to make ‘big move’ by 2023-24 season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by madbomber, May 5, 2022.

1. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

More Landry's concessions.

Kim and burlesk like this.
  2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

When did I say it was reporting? It's aggregation with added context, and I linked back to the original article three different places. That's a big chunk of what my site does — particularly during the offseason, when there aren't many media availabilities — and it's not new. If you don't like it, you don't have to read. No hard feelings. Just don't put words in my mouth, please, because I never said it was reporting.

I have to have daily content, or I'm going to be out of a job. If somebody else wants to pay me the same or more to do only original reporting/analysis, I'm all ears, but this is a big part of the model where I currently am (and it's quite common).

#22 The Cat, May 5, 2022
    Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Trackwell, Kim, photojoe and 23 others like this.
  3. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

He owns the team and you want him to "just keep his mouth shut"?

Also, he basically said that they have to be patient, which is what you said he should be doing with, "Don't force it Tillman".

Corrosion and burlesk like this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

D. Mitchell doesn't play a lick of defense . I would rather stick with KPJ for now. He's getting better on both ends of the floor.

burlesk and topfive like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

everything Tilman says, expect the opposite

I don’t trust him

Der Rabbi, Kim, Richie_Rich and 7 others like this.
  6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

8. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

promising = starting now!

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Chet, Jabari or Paolo - who would you like to be drafted?

BHannes2BHonest and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  11. The Cat

Close, but Chet. I just think the diversity of his skillset — particularly with rim protection — makes him the safest bet.

12. mightybosstone

So I'm in the industry as well, and I'm fortunate enough to work for a publication that doesn't require us to aggregate or manufacture content if news isn't there. I get the demand, and I understand your frustration. It just feels disingenuous to frame it as news with your headline, which makes it come off as you either interviewed Tilman yourself or that you're citing a fairly recent interview from the last day or two. But it's a three-week old interview with another reporter.

If the headline had been more general and less focused on an old Tilman interview, I'd have less problem with the article. The piece itself is fine and well-written; it's that it feels like you're framing this as new information when it's really not.

13. conquistador#11

Every thread turns into a draft thread.
    So what did you guys think about our Bucket hanging out with Gabrielle Union?
    Yeah, I would go with Chet or Jabari so they can set up the pyramid like Gabrielle in "Bring it On."
    [​IMG]

burlesk, pmac, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  14. The Cat

The thing is, even though I'm linking back, there's always a risk of people not clicking through to the original source. So, if the aggregated quotes/info isn't especially timely — which this isn't, none of the dynamics have changed in the last two weeks — I intentionally hold off. By waiting, I feel pretty confident that anyone who was going to find the Chronicle article through normal means has already done so, and I'm not stealing traffic that would have otherwise gone to the original source.

I'm not saying it's a perfect approach, but it's what I would want, if the situation was reversed and I was in the Chronicle's shoes. Granted, I'm sure there are readers (like you, it seems) that will come across it and say, "Wait, didn't I already see this?" and click out. I get the frustration, there's no easy solution. But when I'm aggregating, I try to show deference to the original source and do right by them, first. (Or as "right" as I can within the confines of an aggregation site.)

Rashmon, Kim, BHannes2BHonest and 5 others like this.
  15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

Nothing burger. When you only win 20 games you would have to expect improvement over the next two years with the influx of talent from the draft. Did anyone expect him to say we are going to be a worse team in two years?

Nook and D-rock like this.
  17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Is it a practice facility and some amenities?

My 2k player doesn’t wanna play for the Rockets. Not enough cool things. Spend more money daddy

Kim, Nook, BHannes2BHonest and 2 others like this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

i mean you want an honest answer? for tilman, yeah he would say something stupid like he always does

Nook and D-rock like this.
  19. The Cat

Anyway, based on your feedback, I did go back in and add "Report:" to the front of the headline, and I also made analysis the primary tag. I think that's a fair request, since the quote/linkbacks are a few paragraphs into the story. The other part (i.e. the delay) was by design and I stand by the reasoning on that, but I don't want to be misleading. Appreciate the dialogue.

Kim, Nook, BHannes2BHonest and 6 others like this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Giving @The Cat benefit of doubt on this one.

Ben never said it was breaking news and his site is well known and appreciated for the aggregation he provides.

Nook, The Cat, burlesk and 2 others like this.