1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the lottery fixed? What spot will the Rockets land this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 2, 2022.

?

Is the lottery fixed?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Look at my previous post. You’re further proving the thought that after a team loses a star (just like the Pelicans did when AD bailed) and finds itself treading water, basically trying to not completely lose their fan base and all revenue, those teams seem to find extra luck in the lottery.

Not saying the draft is rigged, but I actually think if a max player straight up abandons a team, they should be favored in the lottery simply so their fan base can have some hope and something to root for.

2. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

This is pretty cool article on rockets draft history.
    The year we drafted Yao we were projected 5 and jumped to 1.

Again, based on thread I don’t think draft is rigged but changes have happened over the years to discourage tanking but I’m sure the GM stat nerds calculate the risk and tank anyway to get one of those 1-3 spots.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/lists/nba-draft-lottery-history-how-the-houston-rockets-have-fared/

Jontro likes this.
  3. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

insofar as rewarding teams dedicated to losing?

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That is one creepy looking dude.

Easy and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. HeyBudLetsParty

Idk you don’t think the NBA could outsmart a couple 23 year old accounts fresh out out of Bauer?

6. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They get favored in the lottery by being terrible following that situation. There’s no reason to rig it. Incompetent regimes tank themselves. And players pretty much control their destinies. I don’t think there’s even a reason to rig it anymore.

7. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

Two reasons to believe lottery is fixed, Lebron leaves Cleveland, they get the first pick in the draft and take Kyrie.

NBA owns the Hornets and CP3 leaves the team, Hornets get first pick and takes Anthony Davis

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's fixed. sturn and silver have always wanted to give rox the top pick, but they suxed at fixing

9. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

This is exactly why they would need to. Nobody is picking Cleveland or Detroit as their destination unless it’s LeBron. Only way to spread stars is to give teams who are less likely to acquire one or are in a bind after they’re star player and biggest money maker does just that and leaves.

I’m not saying the draft is rigged, lol. But you can easily justify the need for it to keep certain franchises from drowning.