1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[July 2019] Do you like the CP3 for Westbrook trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sajan, Jul 11, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2019.
  1. Yes

509 vote(s)
    75.6%
  2. No

164 vote(s)
    24.4%
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Hobbled, “declining” CP3 in 2019 had a .132 WS/48 in the playoffs. Not that good, not that bad either.

Meanwhile this is how things were going for Westbrook on his impact to winning in the playoffs
    2016 : .208 (very good)
    2017 : .103 (what the **** happened)
    2018 : .052 (mother of god, this is bad)
    2019 : .026 (disgraceful)

2020 : -0.043 (pitiful)
    2021 : -0.006 (barf)

Eyeballs saw it, numbers confirmed it.

Saw that train wreck coming from several miles away.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

normally I would say should be sticky'd but if at this point someone doesn't see how bad westbrick has been for years and it didn't just start in Houston, your IQ is just as bad as his. This data has supported the eye test for years. If anyone is just now seeing it, it says more about you than anything else. And it isn't anything to be proud of

but but but he runs faster, hes younger, he gets triple doubles, him and harden are brothers. All that dumb nonsense

#342 YOLO, Apr 29, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
    clutchdabear, jordnnnn and thekad like this.
  3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Do you know how dumb you are? Did your magical 20 superior players in 2018 all win titles?

You know who hasn’t won ****? James Harden, dummy. Who would say he was anything but top 5 that year?

4. thekad

thekad Member

CP3’s numbers weren’t bad; they were below his usual star-level stats. You know whose numbers were actually bad? Westbrook’s - for three years in a row.

Primary scorer? LMAO Paul George was 3rd in MVP voting.

Advanced box-score metrics, impact stats and the eye-test all said CP3 was an entire tier better than Westbrook in the playoffs. The problem is most of this forum and many in the media have no idea what they’re talking about and swoon over triple doubles, flexing and yelling at cameras.

“Garbage in, garbage out.” Much like every one of your posts.

clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Uh, these are advanced stats. Tilman Fertitta didn't become a successful fried food tycoon with no advanced stats.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't vote but here's what I wrote in another thread

clutchdabear and xaos like this.
  7. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Yikes lmao the takes in this thread aged like milk. Including some of my own about CP3. We honestly could’ve retooled around CP3 instead of trading for Westbrook but I’m not complaining, we’re trying to build a dynasty.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

Hindsight is 20/20, but just reading all the posts on the first page of this thread got me like

[​IMG]

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

lmfao super fan triggered

Who? Idk how about everyone in the NBA because he wasnt even an all star that year LOL

10. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

his advanced box scores were ****. The only argument he had was his efficiency... and his efficiency was terrible lmao

Everyone is just so stupid but you!

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

No no no

It "extends our window"

That was the bullshit narrative repeated over and over.

clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

@Reeko take a listen to this. Roosh and Jackson Gatlin talk about the CP3 trade. I pretty much agree with Roosh's assessment of Harden and MDA's role in CP3's trade. We also dont talk enough about how MDA never deviated from the plan despite CP3 not being able to do it at that time. More angry with MDA and Harden than Tilman.

ff to CP3 discussion

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Whelp, I could retaliate, but it would make the board worse, so, just gonna put you on ignore....buh bye....

DD

14. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

I hear you but it's the picks that hurt

jerryclark likes this.
  15. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

yea it was a hell of an overpay. The funny part to me though is we went all in with our picks but tilman still wasnt ready to pay the luxury tax. We didnt use our MLE again

16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

We traded a player who, even at his absolute worst, was a god tier supporting player. Great shooter, excellent defender, puts his teammates in positions to succeed, and always makes smart decisions.

And we traded him for a player who, even at his absolute best, disrupts everything around him and roofs your potential. Poor shooter, mediocre defender, expects teammates to mostly cater to him and always makes the stupidest choices imaginable. Give me the ball and GTFO of my way, and you have to give him the ball frequently because it's literally the only way he isn't actively hurting your team when he's on the floor.

And we didn't just swap, we gave up a boatload of picks to make this nonsense happen.

But, but CP3 couldn't beat his man one on one this year, so lets ignore literally everything else about them as players. People still try to say it was "smart at the time", no it f**king wasn't. It looked extremely stupid at the time, and somehow ended up being even stupider than anticipated in hindsight.

17. Rockets4Life13

The only reason why I voted yes originally was because I trusted Harden and Morey enough to know what's good for them.

Turns out they didn't. Btw while Tilman has reportedly pushed it through, someone had to run the idea by him first so there's equal blame everywhere imo.

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

now you know how i feel every time you fantasize what the top picks we're getting by the tank will do for rockets

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

It wasn’t on morey. From day 1 folks like me have said westbrick is the epitome of the opposite of everything morey believes in with analytics efficiency. That’s just common sense.

And no there’s not equal blame. Tilman is the biggest moron for deciding to make the move despite being told not to.

clutchdabear likes this.
  20. my time to shine

Just be happy that we ended up with Jalen green bro

we got out from harden at the right time