1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBL to NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 7, 2022.

1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

There's been some good players from down under and have been successful in the NBA (Patty Mills, Andrew Bogut, Josh Giddey, RJ Hampton, etc.)

I follow the NBL on Instagram and Twitter and see some good players there that have a good chance of making in the NBA.....might even some in the draft. Who do you guys see that might make it ?

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. WestendMassive

Hey you forgot our very own Jae'Sean Tate and asst coach Will Weaver, who both spent a season with the Sydney Kings before joining the Rockets.

I don't actually follow the NBL real closely until it's playoffs time as I spend too much time watching the NBA already, but here's a pretty good wrap-up of players in the NBL who maybe have NBA potential, which also delves into the recent history of players making the leap from NBL to NBA.

As a Wildcats fan, there's been a lot of talk that 20 year old Luke Travers could have NBA potential, he's a really mobile big with a decent shot, and he loves to dunk. Kind of similar to Jock Landale and I'm not going to lie, it would be glorious to see his mullet floating over an NBA court.

dockerland likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The obvious selections are the ones who will get drated
    Ousmane Dieng and Hugo Besson

Digging deeper, there is potential in
    Xavier Cooks - potential as a 6'8 tweeter. Probably hasn't got a reliable enough 3ball, but rebounds really well for his size.

Makur Maker - cousin of Thon. Good size and mobility for a C, could be a 3rd C type, possibly worth a summer league invite

Kai Sotto - long (over 7'. Could declare for the draft this year (I think he should wait) Talent is there.

I find it harder to judge the little guys. Someone who looks electrically quick over here might just be an average athlete by NBA standards...

D-rock and eliefor3 like this.
  5. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Rockets legend Zhou Qi is doing pretty well in the NBL.