1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nets pick + for Keegan Murray

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Milos

Milos Member

Sorry for Bari & Tari

Believe It! likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

lmfaooooooooo

We're going to pick Murray with the 7th pick after we ruin our draft odds. Nets pick can be used elsewhere my man!

napalm06 likes this.
  3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is the correct answer. Target the Blazers who might not be want to go full rebuild with Wood and the Nets pick.

steddinotayto and Plowman like this.
  4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That but trading the 10th pick for Christian Wood and the 14th-16th pick in order to try and get back into the playoffs next year is a very Knicks thing to do.

BossHogg713 likes this.
  5. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

IMO - the art of projecting players forward is fools gold. For the crème de la crème. Let alone we mere mortals.

34to11 and Plowman like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think we want to be targeting Griffen or Murray if we try to move back into the lotto with the Brooklyn pick. But that’s likely to require us getting back into the single digits ; neither are likely to be there at #10. I think it’s gonna take a lot more than the Brooklyn and Milwaukee pick.

what do folks think of Jovic as someone to realistically target in the late lotto?

7. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

I don't agree with giving up assets to trade up in this draft.

What do you see in Keegan Murray that you don't see in the other forwards of this draft?

Liddell will be there and I view him as a similar prospect to Murray.

I rather just choose from what is available Mark Williams/Sochan/Liddell.

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Trade Wood in any trade up package.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's going to be a 2 way star at a position of need. We need a long, athletic 3/4 that can bust it from town, play great D, hit the boards...

Aruba77 likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Wouldn’t work in a Silas offense. Silas doesn’t sacrifice offense for defense

11. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

I don't see 2 way star. As a prospect he doesn't really pop out to me probably because he is not an insane athletic. Slow foot speed.

He is good back to the basket, has a high release point and is a "tough basket maker" but that is from is own doing. Good rim protection. Great spot up and trailing 3.

I see him as like Markieff Morris (not because they are both twins)/ maybe less athletic Thaddeus young with a better shot.

Liddell is shorter but has 7' wingspan. He has had to be the point forward for OSU which added a layer of versatility. He improved everywhere you would want to see for an NBA player. Good passer, elite strength, good shooter mostly of the bounce. I'm interested in his standing vert, it looks elite visually. Stronger defender than Murray.

I see him like a PJ Tucker/Grant Williams or Draymond.

I think both will need ideal situation to become NBA stars/borderline but I think Liddell would be interchangeable with Murray at worst for the Rockets.

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Aside but I love how we're all "WINGSPAN THIS" and "WINGSPAN THAT" now. 20 years ago when were dreaming about the draft it was rarely mentioned, we'd just throw up college trad stats and maybe vertical leap or height, now it's like we're out here shooting birds with tranquilizer darts and taking them to the lab.

I think since every player now is a teenager now we should start talking about bone-age so that we can figure out who's gonna grow more.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Teenager and bone-age should not be used in the same sentence.

SamFisher and BelgianRocketsFan like this.
  14. conquistador#11

Who was the last college senior to be drafted top 5?

15. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Good point they do check bone age for large youth soccer international tournaments. But that's more for cheating deterrent.

Has wingspan/hand size/basketball not always been a thing? I remember watching Red Auerbach talking about or measuring one of his players in a video series posted on YouTube.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They always measured it, I think it just wasn't something normies talked about as much.