1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Imagine KPJ with Spo

kpdark, Salvy, Patience and 1 other person like this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I have no faith in Charlotte or Atlanta. Both are pretenders. Clowns could've helped push Brooklyn further back, but no... they seem to be allergic to the playoffs. Detroit really has been playing better than their record for a while now, though. If they get another solid pick in the top-5, they're going to be a pretty good team sooner than people think.

#1342 Dr of Dunk, Mar 23, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    Reeko likes this.
  3. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Aren't Chicago something like 0-13 against East play-off teams or something like that? But agree, Chi are fooling anybody. Atlanta and Charlotte are both way too hot and cold to have any faith in them at all. At least Brooklyn lost today...

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Wow. Lol at PJ Tucker calmly picking up Spo’s clipboard papers after he spiked it on the floor.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. That was a typo on my part. I meant Charlotte, not Chicago. Although I saw that stat about Chicago earlier and couldn't believe it.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's hard to see how Brooklyn could lose to Charlotte or Atlanta with Irving and Durant back now.

So yeah, we're not getting a lottery pick unless Charlotte pulls it out somehow but I think that's a very unlikely scenario.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Rip. This pick is gonna get shttier now that NYC mayor reverse his stance.

Gonna b spooky when the Nets meet 76ers in playoffs.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

9. TimDuncanDonaut

A guy with a almost a year of rest is having problems jumping and running. Rockets dodged a bullet by not trading Harden for him as a center piece.

jcmoon, groovemachine, Easy and 4 others like this.
  10. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

at some point you would think nash playing kd 43 mins/game every game since he's been back from his mcl injury will rear its ugly head. maybe it comes before playoff time...

whatever happened to louka? that golden state bad vibes thread actually worked that one year...

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  11. TimDuncanDonaut

The back issue can be legit, but at the end of today, it means he's still less useful to the current team that pays him. Again be thankful that Rockets is not footing the bill for rest of that big contract.

12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wonder if the Nets knew about this before trading for him?

D-rock, Easy and my time to shine like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Sorry man, I really didn't need to tag you on that. I wasn't actually trying to criticize you, but it came off that way for sure. My bad. You are a die hard fan of the Houston Rockets and all of us on here deserve to gripe. Personally, I find it difficult to get amped up about things not going "my way" because if I got what I wanted, we'd be in like 11th place in the West or something terrible for our future. My main goal as a fan right now is to be patient and understand that winning is not the goal, improvement of the youth is and that doesn't always mean all the things I want right away. I just personally believe that there are some things going on in the background that aren't public, they aren't bad for fans in the long term, but they're causing pain for the loyal. I also believe that playing time for these guys isn't based on things we know about and it's frustrating to try and figure out what Silas is doing. My personal choice has been to stop feeling that way, remember that the man won quite a few games before the tank was on last year, to quit judging him based on knowledge I don't have, and to repeat that for 9 more games.

I'm sorry this is a difficult time for you. It is for me as well and about 2,000 other fellow faithfuls here that can't stop wanting to win. It's sports hell. But the sun will come out tomorrow, tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow there'll be sun. Here's to that tomorrow!

MettaWorldPete, D-rock and Zen Tabak like this.
  14. my time to shine

I’m extremely thankful that the Rockets don’t employ ben simmons.

the back issue makes me appreciate that he’s not the Rockets problem.

just rubs me the wrong way when people personally attack his character for it. As someone who’s gone through back issues… they can **** with your productivity a lot.

Having a herniated disc doesn’t mean you’re lazy

15. Nook

Nook Member

LOL Spo had Butler back peddling and pleading by the end of it.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Back injuries are some of the most painful injuries someone can have and are chronic … and chronic pain is debilitating.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I have six herniated discs man, and I pray that I don't get chronic back pain.

Nook and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Anything can happen in one game. It's much easier to pull an upset with one game than with a seven-game series.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

True, but I'm not holding my breath.

Easy likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

He should have passed the physical before the trade could consummate, right? Reminds me of the DMo saga.

cmoak1982 likes this.