1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets screw this season up?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Mar 22, 2022.

?

Will the Rockets screw this season up by winning too many games?

1. Yes, Clutch is right--the danger is real.

50 vote(s)
    61.0%
  2. No. While Clutch is still right, dropping out of the bottom three would be no big deal.

3 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. Meh, you win some and you lose some.

8 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Christian Wood was the ultimate tank commander until he forgot his job description.

7 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. These next ten games are gonna tell us a lot about these Houston Rockets.

5 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. These next ten games are gonna tell us a lot about next year's Houston Rockets.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. I'm still a proponent of "Play like shet for Chet"

21 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Screw the wins, play the kids, and hope the losing continues. Sit EGO and Wood.

28 vote(s)
    34.1%
  9. wait a minute, Os T filled in all the poll options himself. That little devil.

9 vote(s)
    11.0%
  10. Other

6 vote(s)
    7.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

It reminds me of when Jeff Van Gundy played some old vets 40 minutes a game at the very end of a season while teams with similar records tanked to get better draft picks.

slothy420, i3artow i3aller and Nelly like this.
  2. Asian Sensation

Can Christian Wood carry his own team?

3. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

Juwon Howard hitting a game winner/dagger against Denver which dropped us out of the 6th pick....who turned into Brandon Roy.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Clutch probably references that twice every season in his podcasts. More during tank years...

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was 2006

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

And det/okc both win in convincing fashion.

Weren't they going to lose out? Nah

7. jayfree

jayfree Member

OKC plays Det still which helps our cause and we have a game to spare in the win column for worst record. If we go 2-7 and Detroit wins their game then we're good assuming Orlando doesn't lose out. I think we can go 3-6 and still get it though.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

With the win last night we are officially screwed from the worst record. This organization are complete idiots.

slothy420 likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Ugh. This would make me sick. Mismanagement with no long term vision. Silas and Stone are playing for their jobs next year instead of in 3 years. It's up to the owner to control this.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We have to stay in the bottom 3. But I really think what teams like Portland are doing (sitting out healthy players to tank) is pathetic. John Wall aside I don’t feel like we ever play to tank. There’s a difference between developing your young players and intentionally trying to tank.

but I’m getting nervous. It’s not that I think we are playing well or getting a lot better. It’s that our opponents are increasingly tanking, playing garbage players that are barely rosterable on a bad team.

Genesis likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If you followed Portland, they were not just sitting, Norman Powell got injured, Simons got semi injured.

I think they preceded that up with tons of trades. They know they are not a contender so tanking is the best option for this season.

I am not sure they want to keep Dame around for much longer, probably one last try to get another star.

[​IMG]

12. MystikArkitect

If Orlando, Houston and Detroit are all tied, then Orlando is worst followed by Rockets right? At that point we pick no worse than 6th?

13. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

A good coach should have situational awareness and with 7 games left what's the point of running the same lineup out?! You don't want to purposely tank... fine, then run out and experiment with the lineup. Trying to win all our remaining games with the same approach yet knowing our draft position is completely asinine.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I live in Portland and my Blazers friends think it’s pathetic too. They shut down Nurc even though he’s not hurt, and there are plenty of other guys who are healthy and just sitting cause they want to tank. Hart and Simons could have played. They are blatantly tanking

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As I said they are treading mediocrity mill or Play In positions every year otherwise.

Something's gotta give.

Their tankathon position isn't really that great.

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

John Wall is under contract. Bring. Him. Back.
    [​IMG]

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Old Leslie Alexander was no fan of tanking.

18. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

He should. Houston surely should know the value of tanking after what happened after 1983. You think San Antonio regrets tanking for Duncan?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  19. alethios

alethios Member

If a Duncan-type player was available in this year's draft, I'd say we have no business winning any games down the stretch, but we will probably pick somewhere in the top 4 and there's no clear choice out of the top 4 candidates.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member