1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'm hoping for 41-41

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Ok - so the Nets pick looking more and more likely to be ex-lotto (bah!) But I will take 16-19

Patrick Baldwin
    This is the "swing for the fences" pick in this range IMHO. There is a lot to like in terms of potential. A 6'10 wing who might well be Michael Porter Jr-esque. In theory has a silky shooting stroke and well rounded offensive game. But stunk it up with little help. I would send him to RGV for a year in the Gleague, but there is serious potential there

Ochai Agbagi
    Something of a "safe" pick. Senior 2 guard who can score and is a supreme athlete.
    Not sure he is the right fit for us. Pass - but should be fun to watch in the NCAA tourney!

Nikola Jovic
    Intriguing prospect as a SF at 6'10. Like Baldwin, a swing for the fences type - looks to me to have less scoring potential, but perhaps a more rounded game. GLeague

Walker Kessler
    Big dude who can block shots. Rebounding concerns. A bit soft as a banger. Has open court skillset - more than a rim roller and there is shooting potential there. If we want to go big, this is the first guy to look at

Mark Williams
    And this is the 2nd. There is a LOT to like here. Seems a pretty safe pick who looks likely to make it as a PnR centre and rim protector in the NBA. Not seen, no all star potential. Could be a double double guy. Watch his highlights vs Gonzaga (Chet) and you will see exactly what he might possibly be. I honestly find it hard to see how Williams isn't at least a rotation NBA player

Sochan/ Montero/ Beauchamp/ Daniels
    No. Not high enough potential and possibly too low a ceiling. I would be looking for a slider or riser and NOT these guys.

Milos, RocketWalta, alethios and 3 others like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I see a couple of teams ahead of the Nets pick that may bite on a Christian Wood and/or Gordon trade.

Regardless of where the pick lands I’d probably look to do some consolidation centered on Wood and Gordon to get into the mid lottery.

DrNuegebauer likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Maybe late lotto? I hope it happens, but I cannot think why a mid lotto team trades for either guy. Maybe Portland, but then again think about what else they might get for a mid lotto pick...

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

What if you trade them and this pick for a future pick?

DrNuegebauer and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I was looking at like Portland, maybe the Kings since they apparently want to win now. But yeah late lottery there are a couple teams like Memphis (Lakers pick) who may want win now players instead of rookies.

snowconeman22 and DrNuegebauer like this.
  7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I'd be down with that too depending on the team. I just wouldn't want to package wood and/or Gordon plus this pick and end up with a future pick that's worse.

Either way, I think this will be an important off season for Stone.

8. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

The question is when we play the Nets on April 5th do we play to win or play to lose?

Milos, theDude and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If we have the top 3 worst record secured by that game (80th of the season) I'd say why not, it wouldn't hurt us.

clos4life likes this.
  11. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly. Win if lowest record is in the bag. Lose if it's in doubt. Lowest record guarantees 1-5 pick.

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Finally after 5 years, Ben Simmons is able to start jump shooting! :D

14. Rokman

Rokman Member

Anyone done a breakdown of Atlanta, Minnesota and Charlotte's remaining schedule and how it compares to Brooklyn's to see what the total wins may be for each team?

15. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Brooklyn 35-33
    9 home games, 5 away games (inc 1 in NY where Kyrie can't play, not that it really matters due to NY sucking)
    Key games: Mar 28 v Charlotte; Apr 3 @ Atlanta
    Games v teams with a >= .500 record: 7
    Record over remaining schedule (estimate): 9-5
    Final record: 44-38

Atlanta 34-34
    6 home games, 8 away games
    Key games: Mar 17 @ Charlotte; Apr 3 v Brooklyn; Apr 6 @ Toronto; Apr 7 v Washington (only cause they are a very outside chance of making the play-in)
    Games v teams with a >= .500 record: 6
    Record over remaining schedule (estimate): 9-5
    Final record: 43-39

Charlotte 34-35
    8 home games, 5 away games
    Key games: Mar 17 v Atlanta; Mar 28 @ Brooklyn; Apr 10 v Washington (only cause they are a very outside chance of making the play-in)
    Games v teams with a >= .500 record: 8
    Record over remaining schedule (estimate): 5-8
    Final record: 39-43

Minnesota 40-30
    7 home games, 5 away games
    Key games: Mar 17 v LA Lakers; Mar 31 @ Toronto; Apr 6 v Washington (only cause they are a very outside chance of making the play-in)
    Games v teams with a >= .500 record: 8
    Record over remaining schedule (estimate): 6-6
    Final record: 46-36

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's getting to the point that the seeding in the play-in tournament is more important because it looks like Brooklyn may be in it or, worst-case/world-ending scenario, make the playoffs outright. I don't trust Charlotte at all, and not too sure about Atlanta. Both of them have to keep winning while Brooklyn loses for Brooklyn to fall out of the play-in tournament and straight into the lottery.

On the other side, if Brooklyn manages to pass up Toronto and Cleveland (or whoever is a couple of spots ahead of them), they get a ticket straight into the playoffs.

The more realistic scenario is that Brooklyn ends up in the play-in tourney and if they don't make it out, they end up in the lottery. At that point, you kind of want them to be a 9/10 seed vs. the 7/8 seed in the play-in to make it more difficult for them to get out.

In any case, the reality is that it won't be a very high pick, but wth, it's a lot higher than I thought it would be at the start of the season.

Easy and Rokman like this.
  17. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Generally, they would just get more picks. The real question is what would we have to take back from Portland?

18. i3artow i3aller

Seems ominous?

joshuaao and dmoneybangbang like this.
  19. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What the hell was Ben Simmons doing this whole time??? Geez.

Richie_Rich, Milos, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  20. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Gordon and #15 for Bledsoe and #10?? (or #7 if we are lucky!)

theDude and xtruroyaltyx like this.