1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PG/Center Position - Both needs to be addressed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Mar 13, 2022.

?

Which way do we go?

1. Draft

77.6%
  2. Free Agency

22.4%
  1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Scoot / Chet

or

Trade the Nets picks + Wood / Gordon to move up and draft Duren.

or

Draft Kessler with the Nets pick.

JamalP. likes this.
  2. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Jaden Ivey and Walker Kessler

Gimmmethemike and dockerland like this.
  3. Milos

Milos Member

I'm totally on board with you to offer up the motherload package to jumpstart Spurs' overdue rebuild for Dejounte:
    - EGo (flipped at deadline for FFRP)
    - Christopher + Garuba
    - 2 FFRPs
    - Maybe KJ or Tate to get across the finish line

Would love Bamba or a similar long, bouncey rim protector to backup Sengun at C

verysimplejason likes this.
  4. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Theis is a good defender?

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

All of our bigs are undersized and poor defenders in the paint. How is that on coaching? I haven’t seen enough of Fernando yet but at least he’s the heaviest of our centers.

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t know what Nix will be but he has poise and can run the point and control the tempo and flow of the offense at least. Hopefully he will pan out. All the other players you mentioned were always wack to me and we all rooted for them and wanted them to be good or better than what they really were. Maybe for couple games I thought Brooks played with confidence and turned the corner but then he sucked again. But Yeah bigs are valuable and trendy again in this league.

7. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Zubac isn’t a free agent.

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I don’t know what team has average centers. If a center starts he is pretty good and capable to go off if unguarded just like a starter in any other position in this league. Most teams have 7 footers 240-250 plus lbs as their starters including that pesky Spurs guy. The only “average” or mediocre offensively for centers are Looney and the Lakers guy. Wood is listed as 214 lbs. Think about that. 214 against 240-250 lbs guys especially more skilled big men like Valencunas, vukevic, or even a Bobby Portis or crafty Adebyo. Wood skinny ass doesn’t stand a chance and especially when he never puts his hands up to defend a shot. Or Sengun or any of our scrubs. Sengun feet too slow and he can’t move laterally well and he doesn’t have the wingspan. That’s why Isiah Hartenstein dropped 13 and 12 pts on us. Really sad and bare at this position.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Sengun will get better defensively with more playing time and a better defensive coach. He also needs to play with another big that will actually mix it up in the paint. He is not slow of foot, but like most guys his size cannot guard perimeter guys with no help, which is what he more often than not is asked to do.

aaquaa and cmoak1982 like this.