1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is the greater Houston area trying to prevent a certain demographic from gathering?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Feb 23, 2022.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

dang breh didn't they have a $1 theater there?

2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Can you imagine buying the home of your dreams and then the city puts a public basketball court in across the street? LOL

Space Ghost likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

Lifetime fitness bro. Or ymca basketball courts. Outdoor courts are dead since 2000s

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m not a fan of hooping outdoors…can’t play as hard or aggressive because I’m not trying to get fouled and start bleeding everywhere because I’m sliding on some tough terrain…plus it’s easier to get your shoes worn out

I didn’t hoop for over a year because of Covid, when I finally got back into it, I was outta shape like a MFer because regular shape and basketball shape are 2 completely different things…I was playing no D because I only had energy for offense…oh, and my jumper was trash after not shooting for so long

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Great investigation skills Shirley, you caught me dead in my ruse to pass my words as non-acedotal. I invite you to look at satellite maps yourself for a couple of hours, tell me how many public parks have courts in comp to tennis courts despite more Americans playing basketball.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Uh, as long as it's not double rimmed with a 2ft wide backboard made from driftwood, then awesome!

I remember when my country ass cousin came in town to visit when we were teens, he came with me to a downtown court to hoop, he later told me he was scared shitless by all the hoopers* and was in fear of me getting jumped. Meanwhile, I had a great time and they were calling me a young Mike Bibby out there.

I've never had a problem playing basketball at parks in my whole life, grow some nuts, and quit being scared of hoopers.

I love playing outside, I need the fresh air and sunlight. Sometimes the wind gets your shot, sometime you slip on some dirt, but everybody else playing has to adjust the same, there are no competitive disadvantages and that's all I need to have a good time.

#26 ThatBoyNick, Feb 24, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

If it's the home of one's dreams, they ought to make sure that there is no ability to construct stuff near them.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You got stuff for those mosquitoes as well?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

[​IMG]

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

They called you Mike Bibby?

They called me Greg Ostertag. Yikes! I was a beginner at age 17

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

They called me a black hole.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My most dangerous moment playing basketball was actually playing at first baptist church

I was like 13 and a group of middle-aged guys needed 1 for 5's. I was matched up with an Indian brother who was close to my size. I'm playing all normal and all of a sudden middle of the game I'm running down the court to get back on D and I get hit in the side of the head... and when I turn I see the guy missing a punch at me. All the guys rushed him and asked him what tf he was doing, he started saying something about me playing him roughly and fouling, I was totally confused about what he was talking about.

Apparently what hit my head was his elbow (I got Ron Artested), the guys playing were really pissed, I remember hearing somebody yell "what the f*cks wrong with you that's a kid" and seeing him get pushed, so he left immediately. I was okay and kept playing.

I think the group of guys knew each other from work, that's got to be a weird story at the office water cooler.

snowconeman22 and tinman like this.
  13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

14. Jontro

Jontro Member

just to be clear. i wasn't blocked. the ball slipped my hands. someone's sweat was on that.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I've played at First Baptist. Awesome gym

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Vicious dunks

If only Jalen could have seen this master class for inspiration before the dunk contest

Ubiquitin likes this.
  17. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

ah they days when I was in mid 20s where I played like my current age to catch my breather after about 5 plays......

miss these days homies

(2 weeks late on this, shows you how much I'm on the boards these days :( )

Ubiquitin likes this.
  18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was like 2 when this transpired.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He was 5 bro, put some respek on his name.

Those are some legitimately impressive dunks, did the floors have less dirt back then, or did you guys have balls of steel?

My dunk contests around 2015 involved really ginger wind-ups because that court was like walking on ice.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

That sounds anecdotal as f---