1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greatest Duke-to-NBA player of all time?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by steddinotayto, Mar 9, 2022.

?

Who's your pick?

1. Christian Laettner: 1x All Star; ballboy for original Dream Team

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Grant Hill: 7x All Star; HOF; ROY; 5x All-NBA

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Kyrie Irving: 7x All Star; ROY; 3x All-NBA; 1x NBA champ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Shane Battier: 2x All Defensive; 2x NBA champ

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  5. Danny Ferry: 1x NBA champ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jayson Tatum: 3x All Star; 3x All-NBA

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Elton Brand: 2x All Star: 2x All-NBA

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Who cares? Duke sucks!

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Watching Tatum go supernova the past few games got me thinking....in Mike Z's coaching career at Duke, can it be possible that Tatum is the best Duke to NBA player in that school's history? There's been much better and/or more accomplished collegiate Duke players (e.g. Laettner, Redick, Grant Hill, Battier, etc.) but most don't go onto historic, HOF-level careers in the NBA.

Who's your pick as the best Dukie to NBA player?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Been high on Tatum ever since he was drafted and watching him at Duke. I believe he ends up being the best from the group

How dare you leave Zion out! :p

steddinotayto likes this.
  3. steddinotayto

Zion ate his way off of the poll lol

But yea..like for all of the great teams Zrzyzewski had and how he had some of the best college players ever...they really don't translate very well in the NBA. I agree; Tatum definitely looks like he'll end up being the best out of the whole lot.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Ingram and RJ Barrett who looks to be playing well this year and making a jump, are also off the list. But yeah that Duke reunion of players this past weekend made me think back of a ton of guys thats gone through there

5. steddinotayto

I left them off on purpose because I really don't think they'll reach that next level like Kyrie or Tatum did. Of course it's a bit hypocritical of me to say that when I've included the likes of Battier and Laettner lol

YOLO likes this.