1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

At what point do we shut Eric Gordon down?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 28, 2022.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

20 games left? We know what he brings and we still need to get some guys some more minutes Like Nix and Jaygup.
    What’s the point of keeping that big in the Boston trade if he’s not goin to see minutes. That’s a waste of a roster spot that can be going to Queen.

Having Schroeder, Wood, and Gordon finish the game last night was too much veteran leadership. A game like last night would’ve been a great learning experience for the youth to know how to play close games. Memphis youth movement had a lot of these games two years ago and we see where they are now. Same with the Hornets. I hope the last 15 games We see some extended minutes for everybody under age 24

2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

For what?

don grahamleone and Ramo$e like this.
  3. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Is that you Eric?

we need to deep evaluate our youths and we not goin be able to do that playing Schroder and Gordon so many minutes and letting them close out games. We don’t need three guards other there anyway: We’re already getting bullied in the paint.

aaquaa and clos4life like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lol @ keeping EG and shutting him down. Makes that decision once again just full of stupidity

aaquaa, Bo6, don grahamleone and 3 others like this.
  5. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Like since yesterday. He played so bad. Barely even moved didn’t help much on the defensive or offensive side.
    And is injury prone, we need to shut him down and rest him now.

6. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Gordon yes shut him down. Keep playing Schroeder

7. alethios

alethios Member

Don't worry, he'll shut himself down soon.

fattz likes this.
  8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think the reason they get played is so they can get traded

jacoby likes this.
  9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I don't think they kept him bc they value his time on the court so his playing time is irrelevant.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Last week.

DD

Bo6 likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

They shouldn’t have kept him at all. That’s the point

12. HardenVolumeOne

stone wanted an expiring contract and a first rounder for eg, couldnt get it

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

Clutch already posted he turned down offers. Stones an idiot. He thinks an aging injury prone EG is going to net him something better than what he can get now. Just flat out dumb

juanm34, Bo6, KingSamJack and 5 others like this.
  14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

This is funny to me bc of he got like a contingent 2nd or a low first rounder for him, people would roast his as well. You don't trade just to trade especially someone who is a good locker room presence and when you are not in the business of winning that year.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nope. That’s exactly what they should be getting. What’s funny to me is the trash they’ll end up with down the road when he gets hurt again and is that much older

folks acting like EG is some rare get. He isn’t. Holding him at some high ransom is just stupid on this team.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't want a guy that is comfortable being on a LOSING team - I want a guy that is trying to teach them how to win....not a guy who is ok with losing.

He needs to be gone.

DD

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

How do you know he isn't doing as good of a job as anyone else would? Everything you said also seems to describe theis but everyone wanted him gone too. I think I'll take word of the players in the locker room over just us random people about how influencial he is

clos4life likes this.
  18. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

What's more dumb is getting a pick in a year you have multiple picks.
    What does age have to do with this lol? His contract expires at the same time this trade deadline as it does this off-season. Or do you think teams are too dumb to understand that just cause they get Gordon this year, they won't be paying his money next year ?

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

there’s nothing dumb about that. You collect as many assets as possible especially when you’re in a full rebuild. That’s common sense. The rockets are nowhere near a point where they pick and choose

Age has everything to do with it. He isn’t young and he’s injury prone. He’s literally depreciating. All of those are huge factors in waiting until later to finally get rid of him. I guess you missed the memo where he isn’t an expiring contract

20. conquistador#11

we're going to be saying that 16 months from now