1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The 2022 Nets pick thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Thanks to Sacto laying an absolute stinker and getting blown out, the Nets are now 30-27 and the 8th seed. Still, 11th placed Washington are only 3.5 games back. Nets 25 remaining games:
    3 v NY (2 away, 1 home)
    2 v BOS (1 home, 1 away)
    2 v MIL (1 home, 1 away)
    2 v TOR (1 home, 1 away)
    2 v MIA (1 home, 1 away)
    2 v CHA (1 home, 1 away)
    1 v WAS (home)
    1 v PHI (away)
    1 v ORL (away)
    1 v DAL (home)
    1 v POR (home)
    1 v UTA (home)
    1 v MEM (away)
    1 v DET (home)
    1 v ATL (away)
    1 v HOU (home)
    1 v CLE (home)
    1 v IND (home)

Crucial games against Washington, Charlotte, Atlanta, Toronto and NY will go a long way to determining if they'll make the play in or not.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Washington and NY are too trash for BK to not even be in the play-in, but we’ll see

they’ve got Washington and NY next without Kyrie, then it’s games against 8 straight playoff teams with Kyrie only being able to play once in the 1st 5 games of that 8 game stretch

if they were to somehow lose all 8 or win just one or something like that, then we might have something

they were desperate to get this Kings game, and the new guys gave them a jolt…they might get that post-trade bump up in play for a little while as everyone gets a short burst of motivation and rejuvenation now that the Harden drama is over with similar to what we see sometimes after a coach gets fired

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That doesn't take away the fact that Mobley's defense is far far far away better than his offense at the moment and before he was drafted. He might be able to switch on guards, but he contests one of the most shots at the rim in the NBA.

His offense so far has been mostly catching lobs and put backs. His individual offense while okay for a rookie, is still very raw.

Sean Dr34ms and D-rock like this.
  4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm seeing 12-13 over this final stretch, considering the present status of KD, and Simmons. Kyrie not playing. No interior presence on either side of the ball.

D-rock and clutchdabear like this.
  5. Chuck04

Chuck04 Member

Before today, I would have given NYK a slight chance against them (especially with no Kyrie and no KD for probably 2 of them), but after losing to the Thunder, yeah can't see NY doing anything. Washington could be interesting though - they beat BKN recently and have just got rid of the guy no-one wanted there (Dinwiddie).

Reeko likes this.
  6. i3artow i3aller

Not what I like to hear.

a time to chill and HP3 like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Wait a minute, is that Bruce Brown, the guy Harden converted into a useful player last year? @HP3

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bruce Brown would currently be in China if not for Harden, but let him talk…they finally got a win

we’ll see what the vibes are like after the next 10 games

jcmoon, Nook, clos4life and 9 others like this.
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I remember when Boogie and John Wall ran their mouth last year after being on that fake win streak.

jcmoon, clos4life, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  10. HP3

HP3 Member

Take a look at this thread, you too @Reeko

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmaaaoo…washed Wall and Boogie who should be playing in the Jerusalem League

they really had the nerve, and then Boogie wanted out like 2 weeks later and Wall currently gives no fcks

jiggyfly, jcmoon, clos4life and 5 others like this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hopefully Seth's Steph act doesn't last ... :(

13. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

That simply isn’t true. Paolo has taken about 130 more shots than Chet and Jabari has taken about 100 more shots than Chet.

Paolo and Jabari both take far more shots for their teams than Chet does and that’s how Gonzaga likes to play.

I disagree about half court sets. I think with the opportunities that Chet has been given he’s done well in within those sets.

In my first comment you responded to I alluded to Jabari being a two way player and being very good defensively, so I’m aware.

As for Paolo, Duke uses him as a point forward (as they should) so he has high usage and is featured more than Chet. I like facets of his game (vision/handling) and he has an nba body, but I just don’t think he’s as good as the other two.

I think it’s unfair to compare someone to AD because he’s a freak and one of a kind, but I think Chet has similar qualities to that freak combination of size/athleticism.

Again, you’re just talking about Chet being a rim protector like that’s the only thing I think he is. I already said he’s not like the other guys you mentioned. He can score on all 3 levels, dribble very well for his size and is a good facilitator.

I also literally said I think he’ll be a plus defender on the perimeter so I don’t know how much of my comments you’re actually just skimming through and throwing a response out.

D-rock likes this.
  14. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Knicks play Nets tonight as Hawks, Celtics, and Wizards get Magic, Pistons, and Pacers. Could be a good day if Knicks can win.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's left of BKN is getting their arse kicked by the Knicks. As it should be.

D-rock and i3artow i3aller like this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

How is that locker room at halftime tonight, Bruce Bruce brown?

D-rock and clos4life like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

If the Nets pull this out, I'm blaming both of you... lol.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

There was a slimmer of a hope here that maybe...just maybe BKN loses more games and throw in the towel on Durant returning and they just give up the season and prepare for next...

But, we had to expect the 'F You' Boost teams get for either firing a coach or trading a big player.

That F-you boost had last year's Rockets looking like a playoff team for a few games.

It doesn't always apply of course but when the team starts talking about how 'happy' everyone is then you can expect them to play out of their minds and pull stuff off like this for 5-10 games.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've got the pitchforks... anybody know where @Astrodome and @Plowman live?

Brooklyn was down 27 or so points in the first half and came back to win it. @(%*&*!)% :mad:

ElPigto, Plowman, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  20. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

They beat the Kings and the Knicks but im still upset about it haha.