1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trade Deadline Thread 2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Feb 6, 2022.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Keeps Maxey.

Keeps Thybulle.

The two players that were quoted as being the entire hold up for this trade.

I can't imagine being as stupid as Stephan A Smith, or better yet. Those that listen to him and thinks he knows what he's talking about.

D-rock, Richie_Rich and HP3 like this.
  2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Wouldnt be surprised if he sits out that game

HP3 likes this.
  3. Downtown Sniper

*remembers he picked Jalen Green with the second overall pick.

"nah homie shut the f*ck up. We good"

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  4. Downtown Sniper

I like him too. That's why I wanted him traded.

He doesn't deserve to be rotting here.

The franchise should've done all it could to get him to a playoff team and playing meaningful basketball.

I'm not surprised at the incompetence of this franchise anymore.

I feel so bad for Gordon.

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

After reflection for a few hours about why stone would choose not to do any trades and I've come to the conclusion that we really didnt want any 2022 1st rd picks; only future 1sts beyond that.

This report was out there as well that we wanted 1sts further into the future. So it seems stone held his cards when those deals didn't arise.

Trying to get into the mind of it all and I can understand stone weighing his options and deciding to hold until the offseason/draft and try and obtain 23 and beyond 1st rd picks. That should definitely be doable although maybe not the same quality of asset return. But if he just valued 23 and beyond much more and stuck to his guns I can respect that.

That's if this was indeed his strategy all along and I'm not just trying to convince myself we aren't that fuucked.

6. Downtown Sniper

I just laughed.

Then threw up in my mouth.

Then cried on the floor.

All in the span of a minute, at that thought.

F our lives as Rockets fans. The fact there is no light at the end of the Fertitta tunnel, makes this so much worse.

7. Downtown Sniper

Rimming daddy and Jr in the Toyota Centre bathrooms, as far as I can tell.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I actually thought about this the other day.

If traded wood and Gordon for firsts in this draft was he going to take 4 rookies again? Seems a bit much.

Or try to move picks for other assets?

If he wanted future picks, he can still move Gordon and Wood in the off season.

And really, if Gordon continues to have a good season and can stay relatively healthy for most of it his value could actually go up a little.

9. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

are tate, kj, and kpj really something to be proud about?

Ive literally never seen anyone besides rockets fans talk about tate. Most nba fans arent even aware kenyon martin has a son

10. KingSamJack

KingSamJack Member

He could try to package picks from 2022 to try to move up and hope someone bites so rockets could get two top 10 picks... Chet or Jabari are the goal and if you could trade two mid round picks from 2022 and hope a T10 team bites so you can take AJ Griffin(if we can't get Griffin then you have Jovic who is a 6'10 SM who is shooting 40% from 3 and 55% from the field he improved his shooting and I want a taller SM over tate.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I expected this. Eric Gordon was playing at a high level on both ends of the floor until recently when his production started to drop off. His latest injury dropped his trade value in my opinion.

He deserves credit for defending bigger players. This probably wasn't enough to get a good enough return, I believe. Wood is selfish, he can play the right way on both ends on the floor. I think nobody wanted him.

That left Theis. He is a pro who plays his role within his limits. He is healthy, unlike Eric. TF went under the LT as usual.

Eric Gordon is practically on an expiring contract. Wood has a change to redeem himself, but he shouldn't be given an extension under any circumstances. It's all on him, but Silas has to coach a lot better too. I'll miss DJA to an extent. Armoni Brooks can get an another chance.

Stone must pick CH or PB or JS in the draft if they're available.

DS and BF aren't long term keepers. I do want to see BF as a backup center in limited minutes. I hope DS won't be a cancer for our team.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Getting out of the Theis contract is a positive. Disappointing to not be able to get any assets for Gordon/Wood.

13. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

I agree but still think the Bucks will come out of the east and if Harden leaves in the offseason that will hurt Philly big time Morey taking a gamble on this
    lol ok Morey fan..if the Sixers win it all I’ll shut up all off-season just for you.. I just think this trade helps the Nets more then the 76ers

14. Downtown Sniper

I think it's a rare trade that helps both teams.

I don't understand how anyone can think Morey got screwed in this trade when.

The Nets wanted Maxey. They didn't get him.

The Nets wanted Thybulle. They didn't get him.

mikenm268, D-rock and YOLO like this.
  15. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I wish we would cut Dennis. I honestly don't care to have that guy around our young guards. The other issue is that he is going to be playing for a contract so we may see some hero type **** going on to showcase himself.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Stone is proving to be very shortsighted. Didn't want JA and Levert. Now didn't want late first round picks.

As a GM, you take those small pieces and trade them up for a bigger fish later in time. Yes its a hassle but thats why youre paid millions. He's not as bright as I thought and looks lazy

Now we run the risk of getting Jackshit for EG in the future.

D-rock likes this.
  17. PatBev

PatBev Member

I didn’t realize they kept both. That’s actually pretty impressive and I’ve never been a fan of Morey

D-rock likes this.
  18. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

What if Gordon is happy here? I'd agree with you if Gordon requested to be traded or showed he was disgruntled, but he hasn't. How much money has the man made. Maybe, just maybe, he thinks his quality of life here is better than being traded to a contender?

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Excellent response.

Yes you and I have had our eye on Bruno Fernando for a year or so for his
    potential.

I had Augustin going to the Clippers but we replaced him with Ish Smith
    expiring contract (I believe).....instead we upgraded from 5'11" Augustin
    in advanced age to a 6'3" Dennis Schroder who looked good with OKC a few
    years back.

Adequate backup behind Porter jr if there are games where the Rockets
    don't feel like Josh Christopher or Jalen Green are driving well.
    Audition to see what Schroder can do in a Silas scheme.

Plus with Lucas the Rockets think that they can turn coal into
    diamonds. Turn a troubled youth into a prodigy. I'm all for
    looking for bargains and adding a little polish to shine them
    up. I use to work with troubled kids court ordered by a judge
    to be at a halfway house. I've seen some kids change.

20. Downtown Sniper

No doubt, if Gordon prefers to be here than that's fine.

I'm just assuming that his fun meter is way way down this season, and he'd want to play meaningful basketball on a winning team.

If memory serves (it may be foggy) wasn't there a quote earlier in the season which painted he wasn't happy here? I could be wrong.

BamBam likes this.