1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Cavaliers @ Rockets 2/2/2022

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 1, 2022.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

missed the game. sad we lost

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

Tfor3, clos4life, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Wtf? Wood to get more minutes? lol

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

No sht dude played 34 minutes last night what else he want? LOL

clos4life and BossHogg713 like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The reason I like KPJ so much and hope he can maintain control of his emotions is he seems like a HIGHLY INTELLIGENT player, a guy whom sees the game better than most......

Sengun is like that, and the more players we have that have high BBall IQs, the better.

DD

D-rock, NewAge and Xopher like this.
  6. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Yep. People jumping on a guy who has never played PG and learning on the fly. Half a season is not nearly enough time to judge this change. He is going to make dumb mistakes. He is learning the position. This is not a knock on Jalen, but if Mobley had been the choice then KPJ wouldn't be playing out of position. I think KPJ has shown massive improvement throughout the season. Hell if there was going to any season to have KPJ learn the position, this is the one.

Rashmon and D-rock like this.
  7. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I say Miami will give in.

Wood next to Bam Bam is too perfect.

Oladipo is doing workout videos saying he is ready to return which
    makes Duncan Robinson expendable.

Hold up is Pat Riley. But he will see the light. Their fans are saying if they get Wood its
    all over for the league. With Butler, Lowry, Bam Bam, Oladipo, Herro, and Wood I'm not
    disagreeing with them.

Verbal Christ and Xopher like this.
  8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Lol. I’d like to see Jimmy Butler’s reaction the first time Wood pouts and quits on a play because he’s mad he’s not getting enough shots. Or even better when he refuses to go in the game.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  9. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Bingo! That means there exactly once was some articles or reports touching on it.
    before nba draft last year i did read certain article which mentioned Mobley's reluctance to play for h-town (but didn't clarify the reason), then i talked about that on Twitter and got dissed by a couple of ignorant 'mobley only fan', lol

#1329 DeBeards, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  10. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

I bet if there had been any big names active on our roster, wood should not have dared to quit.
    (also Silas too weak to impact)

Patience and NewAge like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder how much of us not drafting Mobley was because of him declining to workout for the Rockets.

13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Mobleys Dad coached for USC and didnt seem to have a high opinion of KPJ if you believe some reports. There was definitely some smoke. IF Mobleys camp steered him to CLE it was a smart business and development move. CLE was slated to be a team ready to take the next step. Their young players were on years 2-3 in development and they had some very good vets on the team. Mobley could slide in and not have to be a guy expected to carry a big load. No projects going on. It worked out for them and the chip that Mobley was playing with last night made the game even more entertaining. I look forward to these matchups in the future even if Mobley kills us in the stat sheet. Its good for the league. Same way I like Greens weird obsession with Cade and Detroit.

DeBeards likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

There was no bad blood from Mobley, he was just stepping up because Cavs were a MASH unit last night.

His dad may not have wanted Houston for his own reasons but Mobley has behaved like a pro from day one. The kid doesn't get too high or too low, very Tim Duncanesque in demeanor.

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2022...tons-what-they-couldve-had-one-of-a-kind.html
    Forget for a moment that this is a 20-year-old 7-footer who had his number called in crunch time, making a maneuver reserved for only the rarest at his position or the game’s elite wings.

To him, it was no big deal, just another play that pulled Cleveland closer to a win. Business as usual.

That’s the kind of ho-hum reaction many have come to expect. It’s why veteran Rajon Rondo recently called Mobley the “most quiet” rookie he’s ever been around.

Mobley’s play is plenty loud enough.

“You hear about the word unicorn, and I think that points him out pretty well,” Allen said Wednesday, admitting that he first recognized Mobley’s brilliance during pickup games this offseason. “One of a kind.”

Add a career night in Houston to Mobley’s mesmerizing catalog that continues to expand.

Each night, Mobley does something otherworldly. No adjustment period. No rookie wall.

“He’s unbelievable. I find myself on the bench watching him in awe,” teammate Dean Wade said recently. “Nothing that kid can’t do. His talent is unbelievable. This kid’s got it. He’s The One.”

#1334 D-rock, Feb 3, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
    Verbal Christ likes this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

Love it! Let's make another team great and we get Duncan Robinson and a late #1. Yep, that makes a lot of sense.

DeBeards and cheke64 like this.
  16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I dont disagree he carries himself like a vet, but he was playing with some extra UMPH in his step last night that was beyond just being their #1 for the night. You could even see his demeanor during timeouts - he was jacked up! Good for him. He played great as a primary and it was the first time I saw that this year. Amazing talent and maybe a good thing he didnt land here? Hard to imagine he would have had the same opportunity and output to flourish here with this system and peripheral players, but who knows. What productive result comes from continuing the fantasy scenarios anyway? He's further along in his development is the way I look at it, and he'll get an early taste of playoff basketball which will only help him moving forward. Im happy for him, and at the same time Im happy for Jalen Green and the Rockets. Doesnt have to be an either/or situation.

D-rock likes this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

It was more that Mobley's team heard that Houston FO had already made their choice and that choice was Green.

KPJ went on social media weeks before draft and confirmed this.

There was not a single top 5 player that worked out for the Rockets yet the focus is always on Mobley, no other draft pick, because propaganda was required to convince fans that THE ONLY UNICORN in the draft didn't want to be a Rocket.

Mobley said only great things about the Rockets and actually followed Rockets players prior to draft.

Need to stop gaslighting ourselves.

18. NewAge

NewAge Member

re-watched a lot of film from last night and ready to go out on a limb with a controversial take:
    Kevin Love will NOT be winning DPOY!!
    I mean, this guy is in pretty much every single Rockets highlight!

D-rock likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Was the this the first time you've watched Mobley?

He plays like this ALL THE TIME.

He may be quiet but he plays HARD and with a PASSION.

But he did get more touches last night and was first or 2nd option rather than 3rd or 4th option.

And I guarantee Mobley's output would be same or better on Rockets. The kid is Mr. Consistency.

On Rockets Mobley would be 1st or 2nd option, he's just that talented and that steady and that smart on a team that struggles offensively and/or defensively on any given night.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ive watched more of him over the last few days for sure. Im not stat watching him every game. Im not a Cavs fan. I can respect and admire his play without continuing the "aw shucks what could have been" wave. Im still confident in OUR own rookies. Im looking forward to their next steps and am optimistic that they will make all Rocket fans proud while trying to build them UP along the way and not looking for ways to tear them down.