1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. jacoby

jacoby Member

Sending him to the GLeague to improve his conditioning for 2 weeks isn't the worst idea. It gives us time to showcase Theis as the trade deadline approaches.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Alperen had an alright game. The first couple low post misses, defenders didn't bite on the fakes, and I think he let the ball go too early. For the later one, when he turned around, he delayed to an extra second to get a better look at the basket, that made a difference. The half dream shake was also nice.

He was rushing and just needed time to settle in.

slothy420, Easy and i3artow i3aller like this.
  3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

We should hire Luis as a personal trainer for him. Sengun has very few post moves right now and freestyles a ton (leads to turnovers and unnecessary misses) but he seems like the kind of guy who will learn fast. Bring in Scola, bring in Hakeem to train his footwork, shot fakes, angles etc.

4. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Only 4 fouls in the roughly 58 minutes played since returning

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

His smarts, vision and accuracy would be amazing in that offense though.

hakeem94 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He generally looks slower to me after the injury, both on defense on offense. And since he is already not a quick player anyway, that sticks out. Particularly when his man sets a pick for the quicker guard. Rockets prefer to switch right away without any resistance or any intend to recover back to the original match up, and Alpi on the quicker man does not end well. It looks like there is also miscommunication between him and the other defender.

The other thing he does is go for a hard double team on the guard after the pick. In general, I have not seen this work well, not just with Sengun but with any other player as well. Rockets do it, and usually the other team finds a way to pass out of it and play on 3 on 4.

On offense, I think he was okay. He missed a couple post ups. But the way he screens is really increasing the ball movement in our offense. This is the only consistent only way we create ball movement and is very valuable. One reason I would definitely put Sengun over Wood(or both) in an end game situation. When Sengun is not on the floor, our only option is usually to play hero ball. Even to inbound the ball can be a problem. There is a trade off on defense of course but I think our defense is problematic in multiple ways and he is not exposed or bad every single time.

What I did not like, he did not try to go to the basket running past his man at all. This is the slowness I was talking about at the beginning. I am not sure why. Maybe he has some restriction on some moves. His postup moves seemed less 'shaky' than usual as well, not a lot of change of direction and hard fakes.

burlesk and hakeem94 like this.
  7. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

It would make me so happy and warm inside to see Luis Scola as a coach on the bench. The thought fills the oven of my heart with a warm batch of gooey chocolate chip cookies.

burlesk and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Mountain AlpS

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he dont need be moving at all his screens a perfect

mikenm268 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

CW would also thrive on warriors

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is hesitating too much now.

DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i like it.. he could also tighten the handles and practice jumpshots there...too little shots he gets in little time he plays here...cant become good that way...send him to the valley and make him chuck 20 jumpshots a game... thats how you learn

his development is not being done properly... hes basically not playing at all for more than half a year now ....cant count 12 minutes a night as playing basketball...

it cant be good for a young player to sit on the bench

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he didnt play for 2 weeks due to injury then he comes back and plays what cca 30-40 minutes total in 2-3 games?...ITS ONLY NATURAL...ITS LIKE HIS FIRST GAME BACK!

when you come back from injury sometimes it takes few games sometimes more to get the rhythm back, and alpi didnt even had any rhythm to begin with....because hes been playing 12 minutes a game since he came here.. the doesnt count as playing games

MY GOD SILAS PULLS YOU ALL FOR THE NOSE AS HE LIKES HES REALLY THE DEVIL...

aaquaa likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

LACK OF PLAYING TIME...NO RHYTHM NO FEEDBACK LOOP NO LEARNING

edit
    oh yeah, and no reward for playing good defense, good defense says goodbuy, adios amigos! you aint deserving me...

this is how trashy teams stay trashy, and the top picks ruined, the competence is being punished and incompetence(throwing soups, haircuts and nail polishing) rewarded.....

aaquaa likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

hed be an allstar in first season there... hell hed be an allstar here if only stone were to give him playing time

16. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

haha no need, just give him playing time hell settle in and be a lot smoother...people offer so many solutions when the problem is the only one SILAS AND STONE not giving him playing time and he has no any rhythm...no flow....didnt settle in...its like you are given the best chick in town to **** and you only have 40 seconds... it cant be done properly....you aint gonna be yourself....

see how jalen green become a different player although he was terrible at the start BECAUSE PLAYING TIME BABY chucking up shots as he wishes.. eating up posesions as he likes... this is what sengun needs...

aaquaa likes this.
  17. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

19. Tuckankhamun

Tuckankhamun Member

Looks like Sengun's hit the rookie wall about as hard as Jalen.

Everyone realizes this except for the SoF club, which consists entirely of Hakeem94 making 12 posts per page looking like a schizophrenic.

#979 Tuckankhamun, Jan 22, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2022
    majicdonjuan, slothy420 and Easy like this.
  20. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]