1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPjr has more to do with us winning games RIGHT NOW than anyone on the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 6, 2022.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Geez, you pick out one pass and extrapolate out....lets take a game and see how many passes he makes and tabulate how many good vs bad ones are in that game.

Of course you do, because you have confirmation bias......one pass equals a look at how he is playing overall...lol...not.

DD

2. caneks

caneks Rookie

who needs wining games on this phase?! the front office are idiots.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Ok let's do it. He has a super high turnover % of 22.3, he and DJ Augustin (22.5) are far & away the worst on the team in this.

For reference, Russ, the NBA overall turnover king has only 19.7 - a career worst.

I don't know the ratio of his bad pass turnovers to bad dribbling turnovers, but there's a ton of both, from Wednesday:

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=TOV&EndPeriod=0&EndRange=28800&GameID=0022100569&PlayerID=1629645&RangeType=0&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&StartPeriod=0&StartRange=0&TeamID=1610612745&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game.

Here's Dec 31, the last full game he played before that - 3 out of 5 are bad passes.

https://www.nba.com/stats/events/?ContextMeasure=TOV&GameID=0022100532&PlayerID=1629645&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=&flag=1&sct=plot&section=game.

So tell me now I'm just extrapolating.

4. dmoneybangbang

I don't have an issue with seeing what KPJ could do as PG in his first full season as a Rocket. Seems prudent given he only has one year, team option left on his contract.

This season wasn't going to be about the rookies in the sense we want it to be.

DaDakota likes this.
  5. DaDakota

Gonna do tonight’s game and count good passes vs bad, and see what we get. He turns it over too much but that is trending down.

DD

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

KPJ is just as sloppy as Green is with the ball.

7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

@Plowman you still want to die on this hill?

8. DaDakota

Thought it started at 7, but I just turned it on, watched him pass it off Josh's foot...I suspect this is bad .....wtf is wrong with this team not wanting to play defense?

DD

9. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

It's not easy to break down KPJ anymore at PG via stats. More possessions are being passed off to someone else immediately. Others are increasingly bringing the ball up themselves. Wood, Tate, and Green don't hesitate to take matters into their own hands anymore. Right now I don't need stats. Just watch this offense in a halfcourt set with KPJ at point. When he has to create and initiate the offense. What happens then? lots of dribbling. Incredibly ineffective maneuvering around PnR's with Wood or Tate. Hesi after hesi and pump fakes that do nothing to the defense. When we score, it is usually a fluke. A heroic offensive play to bail things out or a put back off a miss.

Is it all him? Probably not. But does his game even feel like it's suited for the point guard position? No. And every game drives that point home more and more.

clutchdabear likes this.
  10. anchel

anchel Member

Honestly, so tired of his body language defensively. It is just atrocious, and then mistake after mistake. I would cut/trade him ASAP.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. DaDakota

I think you need to start with getting a coach who has accountability, Cut Silas.

DD

12. anchel

anchel Member

I've written a moment ago that the team has regressed defensively. We were not this bad even at our losing streak (we were it offensively).

We're in January and the team looks worse than ever. I agree his job should be up for discussion.

DaDakota likes this.
  13. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

This dude is garbage

Crashlanded19 and clutchdabear like this.
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jalen Green gets stuck at the 9 and 12 pt mark geez..

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

How good was the play where he just gave up with the ball in his hand for a few seconds, because he was having a back and fourth with the ref over a no call.

Then decided to drive it in and get absolutely stuffed to the moon and back by Ant.

Honestly KPJ is growing up and maturing right before our eyes. I thought for sure he would've cried and chucked a tantrum and threw the ball at the ref initially. Then I for sure thought he'd just walk straight up the tunnel and leave the arena after Ants stuffing.

16. DaDakota

Tonight at this moment

Porter and Green are both 3-10 FG
    1-6 in 3pters

Porter has 8 assists to 3 turnovers
    Green has 3 assists and 1 turnover

Porter has 6 rebounds
    Green has 2 rebounds

Both are Minus 18 with crappy defense.

Why is it Green vs Porter, they are both pretty inconsistent NBA players atm.

DD

17. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

One’s a rookie and the other has been in the league for years, but I guess you don’t know the difference.

jacoby likes this.
  18. DaDakota

True, one is a Rookie, the other is playing minutes at a new position for the first time in his life.....but whatever.

DD

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

for the love of god, stop playing kpj at pg.

i've never seen a so called pg blow so many 3 on 1 fastbreak chances by making the wrong read. in the halfcourt, the guy never hits his teammates in rhythm (nevermind the fact that his passes are never accurate). even worse, he only passes when he really has to, because passing is his absolute last option.

at least i can stomach cwood being a selfish prick knowing that the better numbers he puts up, the more likely he'll garner trade interest. but kpj... holy ****, stop playing this clown as a starting pg. please bench his ass.

jacoby and Crashlanded19 like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

You’re right. He has more to do with winning than anyone. He’s why this team can’t win.