1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The R.E.S.P.E.C.T is gone!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Jan 2, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do not care about how things get done as long as they are getting it done.

Fans should stick to that.

If those new ideas stick and are successful, then so be it.

2. Nook

Nook Member

Frank Vogel and Nick Nurse are definitely disciplinarians. They are not typically screamers but they both had very definitive boundaries that players cannot cross and both have confronted players and hold them accountable.

Are they tyrants? Of course not.... and they are not going to endlessly ride you like Popovich does, but they still have clear expectations of their players and will punish players that don't follow the rules.

Is Silas a pushover? I don't know, I have never heard anyone around the league call him a pushover.... he is one of the most well liked people in the game, but I know a lot of people question whether he will be a successful head coach. My observation is that he isn't someone that likes conflict, and that can be a problem when you have players that seek out conflict.

slothy420, Jontro, Easy and 2 others like this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I think it would be a mistake to let Silas go at this point or even at the end of the season without seeing how this plays out first. KPJ and Wood are issues but guys like Tate, KMJ, JC, Sengun and Green have shown progress and seem to be far more professional despite their age.

aaquaa likes this.
  4. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

Lucas's "good cop - bad cop" revelation doesn't help his image at all.
    My first impression of Silas was one of sb that shunned confrontation.
    It hasn't changed.

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Mark Jackson is blackballed from the league for non-coaching related stuff

That said. . . I think it is Sam Cassell time

Rocket River

6. NewAge

NewAge Member

Haha, yeah I forgot about that! Although, not sure if it is the League as a whole or just San Francisco-area.

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

As good as he may or may not be
    I don't think anyone wants the baggage

Why bother when you can probably get the same without the baggage

Rocket River

8. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you fail to realize that the coaches boss - the team owner and GM both want to tank this year …coach only follows the rules and try and still establish the foundation of his system

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

agree, absolutely. Why give fuel to militant woke-ist slander of the city? Houston is diverse and tolerant, a guy with some questionable views is not a good fit.

10. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

if/whenever a new coach, ET has my vote, as well!

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

wat mark jexon did?

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I know this is outside of this thread but this is what irks me about Silas. During this 8 -game losing streak, he NEVER mentioned anything about the lapses on the defensive end of the court.....THEY HAVE GIVEN UP AN AVG OF 126 PTS PER GAME!!

Last night was the first time I've heard anyone on the team mention the defensive end.

Eric Gordon said the Rockets have to play better defensively: "We're not taking it personally enough... We're not being disruptive. For a young team, we got to do that

13. NewAge

NewAge Member

don't remember details, but Igoudala said in an interview that he was blackballed because of some homophobic stuff against GSW employee... Might have been minor, but San Francisco, you know...

BamBam and Jontro like this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually I don't give a damn what Silas says in public. Most coach talks in the press after a loss are standard "We've got to ________ better, blah blah blah."

This blowup seems to indicate that the defensive problem has been simmering in the locker room and likely in practices for some time. The 47-point quarter was the last straw that caused the explosion.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Yea. Plus being an UBER CHRISTIAN
    One that must expressed it everyday in every way
    and
    They said he was basically pushing on everyone like he was a missionary

I cannot say yea or nay to any of it . .. but I can say that . .. all things being equal . .. get a coach without baggage

Rocket River

NewAge and Jontro like this.
  16. ballgame

ballgame Member

We'll see what happens moving forward.

Easy likes this.