1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Gioan Baotixita and Possum like this.
  2. Major

Major Member

You do realize this is just about proportion of Delta vs Omicron which is an estimate based on sampling, right? And that it has nothing to do with # of cases?

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Antivaxxer father tested positive. We were at Christmas together so the wife and I got tested. Both negative. I’m hoping for the best. He’s in great shape but is in his late 60s.

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I knew someone would come to their rescue. Doesn't matter how much backtracking they do. The main talk of this past weekend and all this week was how Omarion was spreading like wildfire and how it was the Corona king. But like I said, they still have a lit of poison leftover so the new variant will be coming soon to take the lead of all the variants. Then comes the what, 4-5 booster shot in still under 2 years.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  5. Major

Major Member

Omicron *is* spreading like wildfire and it is the "corona king" or whatever you want to call it. It's why cases have more than doubled in 2 weeks and set an all-time 7-day record yesterday. None of that changes if the proportion of Omicron vs Delta was 59% or 73% on Christmas. It will be 80-90% within a week. The CDC data you pointed to were preliminary estimates - they are supposed to change by design. Using that to point out a conspiracy is just weird and suggests you don't pay attention or you simply don't care.

People keep trying to randomly point to data from the CDC or things that Biden says while ignoring that 100+ countries around the world are independently reporting the same things and making the same types of decisions - in many cases, well before the CDC. Your CDC conspiracy has a giant flaw in it.

This the CDC data being referred to:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#variant-proportions

This is cut and paste from their site:

Nowcast does not predict future spread of the virus, but it does help estimate current prevalence of variants, based on genomic surveillance data from previous weeks. Estimates of variant proportions for previous weeks may change as more data are reported. Nowcast estimates consistently align with the weighted proportions based on reported sequencing data, which are published 2-3 weeks later.

#11265 Major, Dec 29, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2021
    Rashmon likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

I don’t know how dangerous omicron is, but to pretend it’s not spreading like crazy is silly. I know 25 people that have tested positive in the last 5 days. My father included who never would have gotten a test unless his symptoms were terrible… because like you, he thinks this is all a hoax.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I truly hope Omi is weak.

I can tolerate the skeptics bellyaching about less deaths or long covid sufferers equals it being a hoax (at least for now...).

Weaker strain means we reach herd immunity faster right?

...right?

jchu14 likes this.
  8. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Were you born dumb or was it environmental.

9. Possum

Possum Member

I feel sorry for your kids.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No, it is a serious question. I know a number of people who had COVID, including my wife, who did not go to the doctor or a medical facility, some vaccinated, some not. I am curious as to what prompted your visit. How serious was it?

11. Gioan Baotixita

You should ask yourself the same question.

Possum likes this.
  12. Gioan Baotixita

Could we agree that Omicron is booting Delta out of the door and soon almost everyone will be infected by Omicron and since the symptoms are mild, the pandemic is practically over?

coachbadlee and IBTL like this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cedar fever is fierce

Pringles likes this.
  14. Gioan Baotixita

Show me your papers?
    Where do you guys keep your vaccinations records?

I keep mine on my hands at all times. On the outside of my left middle finger, I have the word ‘vaccination‘ stenciled in. On the outside of my right middle finger, I have the word ‘record’ stenciled in. Thoughts?

coachbadlee and IBTL like this.
  15. CCorn

CCorn Member

I hope so

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah. It's still a coin flip between getting Omi or Delta.

I don't know about the rumors of vaccines not being effective against Omi. Sounds like you could get both then... So much FUD right now.

17. Major

Major Member

Its fascinating that people who aren't willing to trust the very detailed and sophisticated data/science that we actually have are also the first to jump on data/studies that openly say they are based on very limited information and aren't conclusive.

Things we don't know:

1. Is Omicron booting Delta or are they just cumulative right now? We're at 400,000+ cases right now. Omicron could be 300,000 of them while Delta is still it's usual 100,000. We don't know.

2. Does getting Omicron or Delta confer immunity to the otner?

3. How less-severe might Omicron be? And how much more contagious? If 4x people get it and it's 25% as deadly, you have just as big a problem.

4. If Omicron less-dangerous for elderly people? Immunocompromised? Kids?

Rashmon likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You guys are in love with the word conspiracy but are scared sh*tless of the word truth. What exactly am I conspiring to do? Wait, I got it. I'm conspiring to kill as many people as I can with my misinformation. Right? Is that it?
    The truth is your MSM puppets have been doing that. They know you are addicted to negative media so they keep shoveling that crap through the idiot tube knowing that they will have your full attention.
    Bigfoot is more real than Covid.

Possum likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Except they won't let it go. It is like their new God. You see how they blew Omicron all the way up even though the people who discovered it had been saying that it was nothing to worry about. They couldn't wait for somebody over here to cough.

Possum and Gioan Baotixita like this.