1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I just traveled to and from Texas.

I'm slightly allergic to my parent's dog and also the 30+ degree temp change probably did my sinuses no favors.

I've been sneezing and having itchy watery eyes like mad since Xmas eve.

My wife keeps insisting it's COVID, but as far as I can tell that is not a typical symptom(s).

Even if I wanted to get tested I can't because all the appointments are booked.

This blows.

2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds like same as me and I have it.
    Could be allergies. Mine has been in nose and basically congestion and stuffed nose. Anecdotal but everyone I know that is getting is having this same congestion version.sick but not hospital sick.

No testing for you?

3. Possum

Possum Member

Is this a serious question? If so just proves what I’ve said about you is true.

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Sounds like allergies. People in austin are getting hit with Omnicron and Cedar Fever. Cedar Fever is worse for most people. They need a vaccine for that.

Pringles likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I'm hoping that Omnicron is the vaccine for antivaxxers, so we can get over with this stuff. It's looking like it may be, but our healthcare system has to deal with another surge. The FDA, CDC needs to get the vaccine approved for kids under 5 and boosters for kids under 16. My friends kid just tested positive yesterday and she was vaxxed.

ArtV, jchu14 and Pringles like this.
  6. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

For what it's worth, my wife is in her day 5 of isolation from a positive PCR test and her symptoms are very 'allergy-like'. She had the sniffles and sinus pressure the day she tested positive. She said if she hadn't been scheduled to take the covid test as part of the hospitals surveillance program, she would've just chalked it up as her typical allergies.

Then she developed more sore throat and sneezes the following couple of days, but never got that bad. By day 4, she is already almost back to normal.

Hospital's policy is to take an antigen test on day 6 if you don't have any more symptoms. If the test is negative, you can go back to work immediately. If you test positive, you have to isolate for another 3 days and you don't need a negative test to come back to work. I am not sure if this policy is new based on the recent CDC guideline or if it's old.

7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Never knew I had allergies until I moved to Austin for UT. That cedar is potent.

tinman and No Worries like this.
  8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

I was fortunate to get a PCR test scheduled for my son at the end of this week (we have to travel 45 minutes to get it) so he can return to daycare, because my daycare suddenly mandated that everyone who traveled for the holidays has to get tested (in addition to suddenly deciding to close down between xmas and new years out of 'an abundance of caution' despite having known the seasonal nature of the virus for a year now). Lines for tests are wrapped around the block everywhere. If I was more confident it was covid I'd push the issue to get myself tested, but as it stands, I'm a homebody who isn't showing signs of normal covid so I'm not gonna gum up the line any worse than it already is for people who are in worse situations.

I'm so over this.

Possum likes this.
  9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Obama would have never given up fighting this virus. Why is the current president wearing a mask on the beach?

10. Possum

Possum Member

You want to inject children with an experimental drug that doesn’t even prevent them from getting COVID or transmitting it? Jesus Christ SMH!

11. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

This is an extemely effective way of signaling to all of us that you are scientifically illiterate. Thanks for that.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It absolutely helps prevent infection of COVID. It isn't 100% effective. Nothing is. But there are more than 2 options here.

Vaccine = 100% effective at preventing infection
    or
    Vaccine = 0% effective at preventing infection.

That isn't how this or any vaccine works.

Having the vaccine makes it less likely that you will get Covid19. It also makes it less likely that if you do get it, the severity will be minimized.

13. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

14. Possum

Possum Member

Show me your “science” that’s says a child would be better off being injected with an experimental MNRA where the long term affects are still unknown or or risk catching something that has shown to be no real threat to them? Do you know how many kids have had adverse affects or have died from the vaccine? That’s a serious question.

15. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

LOL... the "Elite" running a narrative to punish the middle class for some "populist uprising". Is he referring to trumpism as a "populist uprising"?

17. NewRoxFan

18. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

DC is having a case surge and our overlords don't like the inconvenience of isolation, so they changed the rules.

note the pathetic use of passive voice here, "the decision was made"

19. NewRoxFan

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Commodore likes this.