1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen is our best player.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 10, 2021.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Giannis skill level has improved leap and bounds but the real aspect is he became one of the strongest players in the league.

Here he looks like Jalen Green.

On Sengün: He is a grrrrraet plaeyer.

[​IMG]

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. Roxfan4lyfe

Roxfan4lyfe Member

Sengun is good but he is not the best player on this team, y’all reaching now lol let the kid develop.

BelgianRocketsFan and DaDakota like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If he was just a little bit taller, and longer I would say that it's time to build around him now. I see a ton of young Gasol in him but maybe with more Scola like skills at a young age. I mean the guy is really special, and knows how to ball. That being said, I don't know if I see a high enough ceiling with his physical limitations to believe we can run every play through him, and be a contender.

For now though, why not? At the very least it'll be like AB/Lowry if you trade Wood to allow Sengun to flourish. I guess he is sort of a Center version of an overachiever like Kyle Lowry. Stone really knocked it out of the park with this draft pick though that's for sure. If Green is a bust then he'll always be able to say he got it right with Sengun.

Two Sandwiches and daywalker02 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no pressure in Houston.

I also think Stone did well but misfiring on the 2nd pick will haunt him because 2nd picks are still not that easy to get.

I think what Stone did in the offseason is most glaring, signing Theis was a bold move.

aaquaa likes this.
  8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lololol just because hes kid and will develop it doesnt mean hes not already developed enough to be the best

let simplify things a bit, if we take away passing, something alperen is best on the rockets by far and everyone would agree to that

Playing 1 on 1 who is beating him on this rockets roster?

wood? lololololool
    theis lololol
    armoni NO
    jalen green LOL
    gary bird CMON

no one stands chance against him
    too good both on defense and offense

perhaps ego would give him the most trouble but would lose neverthe less

Trade value still the most value you get for alpi 3 frps picks at least because stone traded 2 frps for him and his great play only increased his value

ego and wood cant get you 3 frps.... perhaps if traded in a package

Stats I am sure his per stats are the best on rockets in most categories without even checking them

the only argument vs alpi is silas doesnt giving him enough minutes....which only may further help the argument that he is the best ....

Roxfan4lyfe and aaquaa like this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Mathew’s and everyone else incl
    Mathews and everyone else benefits on Sengun’s 3-level offense. He can pass, sets good screens, rolls, and puts it on the floor. He’s a handful for the defense and opens it up for the likes of Mathew’s.

burlesk and aaquaa like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

No doubt, it was a synergy.

You could argue, when Mathews came in for Green, he sparked some games with his fearlessness.

Like when he schooled Harden.

banzai and burlesk like this.
  11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

I knew he was the MVP the moment I saw this picture!!! ;)

Go Rockets!!!
    …….
    …….
    …….

12. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

[​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and burlesk like this.
  13. aaquaa

aaquaa Member

It's hard.
    I used to do it from the foul line all the time because I was used to the distance, I was directly in front of the hoop and... I used to do it all the time and score at more than half my shots.
    From the elbow, in game (stopped but still...), without taking a peek first to see where or how far the hoop is - now that's hard.
    Doing it without bending backwards at the waist and looking up - now that's much, much harder.
    Check out the stances between the two vids.

#153 aaquaa, Dec 13, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alperen looks mature, Deniz might be 4 years his senior.

[​IMG]

Instant classic, Roman holiday with Audrey stuff.

bmelo, Deckard and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He is by far the best player, and it is not even close.

But at least we now know Silas' user name on Clutchfans.

aaquaa and Ankara1923 like this.
  16. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

What's the feeling of Silas when Alperen plays fantastically:

a) happy
    b) sorry
    c) both
    d) numb (Silas has no feelings)

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

About the same as Bill O'Brien when Keke Coutee breaks a rookie record.

Ankara1923 likes this.
  18. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

Agree. No matter how savvy he is, I don't think he'll ever have an isolation move that is good enough to beat the absolute best post defenders in the 4th quarter. He'll never have a Dreamshake or Sky Hook... or on a lesser scale, he'll usually have a defender on him that is not a severe mismatch (once teams have fully scouted him and know what to expect). Scola is a great example... he can get points every night, but there are times when most teams can block his shot when the game slows down and he's in post isolation.

That said, I would rather not go through yet another era of Rockets basketball that is focused on isolations. I would love to see Sengun running the offense at times and hitting cutters in the 4th quarter for the next decade.

I think Sengun can play with Wood on the court right now successfully. If Sengun can hit 3's at a relatively high rate, then I think the pairing could be absolutely deadly once they're both fully engaged in a diverse offense.

NewAge and dobro1229 like this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Hope your right. Not sure they are the right fit, but I sure wish Silas would quit wasting time and find out.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Silas mindset: How can I reduce his minutes?

Say Daniel Theis is a pro and deserved to play/start.
    Say Giannis/Embiid/top player is playing so it’s “tough” to play Sengun.
    Claim two bigs don’t work together.
    Claim his stamina is not where it needs to be to play more than 12 minutes/night.
    Claim he picks up too many fouls to play more than 12 minutes/night.

Now Kevin Porter Jr. and Jalen Green, make mistakes, play little to no defense, no worries, we’ll still reward you with 30+ minutes/night! “Growing pains.” “They’re young players.”

Sengun? Play well, highlight worthy plays, very few mistakes, ahhh we gotta pull him and come up with a lame excuse why!

Deckard and Ankara1923 like this.