1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are there still Titans fans from Houston?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by RedRaiderRocket, Aug 18, 2011.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

You don't know how happy this makes me. You've been deprogrammed. Hopefully more titans "fans" will follow your lead.

The Munchak thing is a little weird for me and my family. He was very active in the charity my dad used to work for back in the 70's and 80's, so they became good friends. I have tons of pics of me as a kid with him. Bruce Matthews as well. It's going to be really strange hoping he will fail in tennessee, but being that I'm a Texans fan, that's just what I'm going to do.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go Eagles! :cool:

They show Texans games in Austin every week, plus those games were pretty exciting last year .. they did remind of the Oilers :p

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Because there's still evil in the world.

4. conquistador#11

I don't mind fans from other cities cheering for their teams in our city. I respect their loyalty. And if they're originally from Tennessee, then they should cheer for the Titans.
    However, if they're from houston and cheer for the titans then that is a big problem.
    They need to get over it.

5. jdh008

jdh008 Member

This is an interesting topic for me. I frequent a St. Louis Rams fansite as my family is from the midwest and roots for the Rams. It seems that about half of the regular posters on that site are California residents that still follow the team from their days in LA. It seems the team has more fans in SoCal than in the St. Louis area.

6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I was in Boston back in '03 for a deposition and to see the 'stros play at Fenway.

After the deposition, I went back to my hotel and grabbed lunch at a pub right near the hotel. The guy behind the bar and I started talking about baseball and Houston. He owned the place for years. He told me about seeing Bagwell play in high school.

I asked about him being a Red Sox fan and he said, "I'm not a Red Sox fan. I hate the Red Sox. My father was a Boston Braves fan, and that never changed once they left town."

The Braves left Boston in the 1930's. This man, a generation away, still couldn't bring himself to root for the Red Sox in Boston because his dad hated them and never changed his loyalties when the team left town.

arkoe likes this.
  7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I rooted for the Oilers despite the owner, now I want them to fail because he's still the owner...well not really but I still resent that slimeball on a scooter.

I still don't understand why people are willing to be on hold for 50 minutes just to talk on the radio, those guys on the radio get emails now and tweets, just email them your question or opinion if you really need to voice your opinion that bad to Matt Jackson or Charlie P.

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

As someone who was crushed by the Oilers leaving, I love hearing the possibility of less people at Titans @ Texans rooting for Bud's team.

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

You should be a Chiefs fan. Jamaal Charles is awesome.

The dude averaged 6.4 yards per carry.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

yeah i know he's good. they also Derrick Johnson.

11. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

You should root for The Texans. Kasey Studdard is a good player.

[​IMG]

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Andre Johnson is pretty good too

[​IMG]

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What are you talking about? :confused::confused::confused:

We should have drafted Charlie Rogers. Dude was straight up muggin' n thuggin.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Like RedRaiderRocket? :)

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm finally moving over to the other side and it feels great.