1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Jalen Green Experience is Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Nov 9, 2021.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Corey brewer potential

Bo6, vlaurelio, cheke64 and 8 others like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

Man, Green is going to be a star in this league.

ThatboyPhuong and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I really hope so. I like this kid, him and Alp could be a fun inside/outside duo

bballjunkie, ThatboyPhuong and xaos like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

To bad Silas doesn't let them play together much and actually design plays around them.

I want to see high post Alp and Green curl action plays.

Phillyrocket and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's not a coincidence that Green looks better when not having to share the floor with Porter. The last piece of the cluterf*** puzzle is for Silas to switch Theis out of the starting lineup in favor of Sengun.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets have legitimately chosen the path of piecing together what Harden brought to the table namely scoring, facilitating and rebounding through 3 different players.

Ironically, you need one of them to still develop into a swiss army knife to have exorbitant value as you are a limited FA market.

Another puzzle emerges once the previous one has been solved.

steddinotayto likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Green scores more, the team scores less.

If you are a fan of Green, you're thrilled by that, if you're a fan of the team.....not so much.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Green’s play last game showed marked improvement. Only haters complain when he shows improvement. You are not a fan of the team if you don’t want Green to be successful. Same with all our rookies. Mark my words, this team will be much more competitive in the second half, unless they are tanking on purpose. Segun, Green, KPJ, KJM are all improving, and in the case of 3 of them they are playing really good defense. If the Rockets want to be competitive then a lineup of KPJ, Green, KJM, Tate and Wood, will be fine in the latter half of the year.

Bo6 and BonziWellsGOAT like this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I like his attitude so far. I hope it's not just lip service. And I really hope they can develop him into his full potential.

Rudyc281 and conquistador#11 like this.
  12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He showed some improvement, but he's still a massive net negative to the team every time he steps on the court. There's a difference between wanting Green to be successful and deluding yourself into thinking he's actually doing well.

A big part of him playing better last game on offense was his season low usage. In fact, what we've seen thus far is the lower his usage, the better his offense is....that's why KPJ coming back should help the team. It'll allow Green's usage to stay low with adding another ball handler to the court.

For Green to eventually become a net positive, the best role for him is as an off ball scorer who hopefully at some point learns how to play defense.....even just a little bit. The beginning of the season was a lot of players with absolutely no chemistry trying to figure out their roles, I think once that's fully sorted, they'll play better. They'll still suck, but it won't be a complete disaster.

Another factor that should help would be if they kept playing Sengun and KMJ more often. Right now, those are the 2 best young players on the team.....with all due respect to Tate.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  13. Philter_09

Philter_09 Member

Green
    Tate
    Martin Jr
    Wood
    Sengun

Porter Jr (6th man)

Silas need to keep experimenting lineups man, I wish he can give this lineup a try.

cmoak1982 and xaos like this.
  14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Based on your posts I obviously know where you stand in terms of your perception of Green, however, I don't think I've posted/said enough for you (or anyone really) to think that I'm a fan of Green. Supporter? Yes because he's the guy we drafted and he's on the roster. Fan? He has his flaws--some of it is due to being a 19 year old rookie who knows no better and some is just due to lack of proper guidance. Homer, even though you didn't mention it outright? Lol at even thinking somehow I'm a Green homer.

I was simply pointing out the obvious. Heck, if the tables were reversed I'm sure we would see the same increased in scoring productivity from Porter with Green out/not in the starting lineup. The conclusion I'm trying to draw here is that this team can't flourish with both in the lineup at the same time. You've, more or less, stated as much by wanting to bench Green (which I'm not opposed to).

BonziWellsGOAT and DaDakota like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wasn't saying you specifically were, I was just saying the Green fans would be happy with him scoring more even if it hurt the team.

What I want from Green is him to accept a role as an off ball scorer and I want him to learn how to play defense.

The reason I wanted him to come off the bench is because of how much he hurts the team when he's on the court. I'd prefer KMJ start instead.

steddinotayto likes this.
  16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lol KPJ coming back would not help the team. The dude has a TS% worse than Greens' this year.

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

He's got a narrative running now and every new "fact" is a thread that he carefully weaves in before he posts.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I’m still very hopeful for Green but the team needs to jettison KPJ. He’s hurting everyone’s development on this team.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I’ve said it many times. Green would be better coming off the bench playing with a pass first PG like Augustine. KJM and Sengun should be getting close to 30 mins a game and KMJ should be getting 25. Theis should be a 10 minute a game to give some rest to Wood and Segun. You have an overwhelming number of negative posts about Green. I think you are more concerned about being right than wanting the Rockets to improve. My eyes are wide open on Green’s issues, but his improvement is key to the Rockets being successful sooner rather than later and he should get plenty of mins to work on it.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have been saying that FOREVER - they are the same type of player, both need the ball to be successful, both are turnover prone and score first SGs, both have some weaknesses in their game.

I don't think Green and KPj fit at all - I believe the org will need to choose one or the other at some point.

DD